General Eshe

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the soap box.  The things I am against are clearly troll behavior meant to harrass people.  Many players have private messaged me saying they support me.  You can keep your two cents.

I never stated whether or not I supported or opposed anything you personally have said. All I did was make general observations of behavior and offered my opinion. I will keep my 2 cents, perhaps if you are going to react so harshly to innocuous statements you should save the forum your $200. It is after all just a game.

#62 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

I never stated whether or not I supported or opposed anything you personally have said. All I did was make general observations of behavior and offered my opinion. I will keep my 2 cents, perhaps if you are going to react so harshly to innocuous statements you should save the forum your $200. It is after all just a game.

I enjoy this game.  I want to play competitive and fun games.  Ask many of the good players I play, Im nothing but respectful.  But for the people that wish to be cowards behind a screen and harrass and waste peoples time, I call them out.  You can say whatever you want.  But it does not matter to me.

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#63 DEATHHAMMER

DEATHHAMMER

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

GRAPHIX - bronze col - he disconnected from game when he knew he was losing and also lotto player!

B) I DO MY TALKING ON THE BATTLEFIELD  :ph34r:  

#64 josephwhite

josephwhite

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

I don't know where best to post this, but "Oliver Queen" carried on with a very irritating double chase today. I tried to explain on chat  with him that this is not the appropriate way to play, but 15 minutes later, he was still doing the same double chase. Basically, he had a marshall that had cornered my general (but not trapped) and a colonel doing the same for my colonel. I was up a general, but he was up by 2 majors and 3 captains, so I couldn't afford to be trading pieces. So he instituted and endless double chase in order to trade colonels. I eventually gave up, which may have contributed to my loss (the game was nearly even at the end). I can't understand how this is allowed in the game, as it becomes a battle of who gives in first on a chase (or who has more time to waste). Note the 15 minutes time difference on the clock and also that my numbers are using the American system.

oliverqueenchase1.png

oliverqueenchase2.png

#65 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

post it under topics of abusive behavior.

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#66 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

I don't know where best to post this, but "Oliver Queen" carried on with a very irritating double chase today. I tried to explain on chat  with him that this is not the appropriate way to play, but 15 minutes later, he was still doing the same double chase. Basically, he had a marshall that had cornered my general (but not trapped) and a colonel doing the same for my colonel. I was up a general, but he was up by 2 majors and 3 captains, so I couldn't afford to be trading pieces. So he instituted and endless double chase in order to trade colonels. I eventually gave up, which may have contributed to my loss (the game was nearly even at the end). I can't understand how this is allowed in the game, as it becomes a battle of who gives in first on a chase (or who has more time to waste). Note the 15 minutes time difference on the clock and also that my numbers are using the American system.

oliverqueenchase1.png

oliverqueenchase2.png

Double chasing is not prohibited by the site rules therefore it is a valid strategy Using it to force a draw is okay. Using it to stall the game and get an unsportsmanlike win is not.

• GaryLShelton likes this
3 - 0

#67 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

He really isn't, he is an average player who makes a lot of excuses.

Well, normally "average players" aren't gold generals and have a win percentage of 60%. Just saying.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#68 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

He really isn't, he is an average player who makes a lot of excuses.

better than you , bro

• Fairway likes this

#69 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

Double chasing is not prohibited by the site rules therefore it is a valid strategy Using it to force a draw is okay. Using it to stall the game and get an unsportsmanlike win is not.

im sorry for my ignorance, but what is double chase?

#70 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

From what I know, it is when two different pieces continually chase two other pieces. Because of the message that pops up on the screen, "you may not continually chase the same piece", some people solve this problem by chasing 2 pieces at a time, alternatively. 

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#71 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

im sorry for my ignorance, but what is double chase?

never mind

i searched it up

#72 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

Just ignore my previous post, then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users