Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

Hey, I double clicked on one of my pieces on accident on a game it looked was a clear win for me. Then I got booted and went straight to login. Not sure if there is anything anyone can do to retrieve the points for me. This seems to be the second time this has happened on a "doubleclick." Perhaps somebody wants to investigate this.

#2 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

This bug is the bane of my stratego existence, welcome to the party.

3 - 0

#3 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

well, i guess it helps to know i'm not the only one... ;)

I tried to friend request the guy, so as to ask him to help me retrieve my points, but he hasn't accepted yet

#4 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:32 AM

well, i guess it helps to know i'm not the only one... ;)

I tried to friend request the guy, so as to ask him to help me retrieve my points, but he hasn't accepted yet

you'll get the points back soon enough, star child

• Kernel Mustard likes this

#5 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

Here's some more information:

opponent: pseudo

opponent's elo rating after game: 690ish

my elo before game: 904 or 903

my elo after game: 883

time game ended: sometime between 6:22-6:27 PM Eastern Standard

game status before dc: imo it was a clear win for me, no chance for him to draw or win, But I have no proof hee hee, perhaps if I could somehow contact pseudo...

#6 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Hey Kernel, I have a question (off this topic by the way). I have played you not so long ago, you were a bronze marshal then. How have you been able to reach the top so quickly? For the record, I am not asking because I do not trust it but just out of curiosity as to how you have been able to make the jump (and I do not realise it yet...). Maybe you have some advise for me :).

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#7 I.P. Freely

I.P. Freely

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

Happened twice to me today.

#8 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:23 AM

i certainly acknowledge the bug, but this has never happened to me. I wonder if it's a browser thing (or if my click finger is just laser true). i only use safari, maybe chrome a few times.

#9 I.P. Freely

I.P. Freely

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

i certainly acknowledge the bug, but this has never happened to me. I wonder if it's a browser thing (or if my click finger is just laser true). i only use safari, maybe chrome a few times.

I play using chrome, the game seems to freeze up and not respond to a move. When you try to move a second time it crashes.

#10 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

Hey Kernel, I have a question (off this topic by the way). I have played you not so long ago, you were a bronze marshal then. How have you been able to reach the top so quickly? For the record, I am not asking because I do not trust it but just out of curiosity as to how you have been able to make the jump (and I do not realise it yet...). Maybe you have some advise for me :).

Hey, I'm glad you asked. When I played here and was a bronze marshal I offered ties for a lot of the games I won. So at that time, my skill really was probably at least a silver lieutenant. After I stopped tying I started trying really hard to win, and I've been on a really big climb since then.  

The advice I would give is just to take your time in your games, and try to make the best moves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users