JoshJesh

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

I played again, and guess what... ANOTHER DRAW REFUSAL!!!

https://www.dropbox....2YBIIhcN5a?dl=0

Mistermind22

I really hate this.

Does anyone hates me or is just this web full of mentally sick people and/or with meaningless lives.... ????

• Fairway and Master Mind like this

#742 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

Mistermind22

I really hate this.

Does anyone hates me or is just this web full of mentally sick people and/or with meaningless lives.... ????

He had five moving pieces there. More than enough to get the scout and but watch out in case of a potential miner invasion. 

Sorry you keep getting matched to these people though. :(

Edited by sevenseas, 10 January 2016 - 07:03 PM.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#743 texaspete09

texaspete09

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

Well, the point is that as long as you do not surrender one can still believe that you are still willing to play, maybe in the hope of a mistake from your opponent. Surrendering after 2 draw refusal and min 10 minutes elapsed without game evolution is the real evidence that your intention was to terminate this game in a draw.

The only reason I continued the game was because I was informing him he would lose 50 points. It was impossible for me to win so I didn't continue the game with the intention to win. Unless, of course, my opponent feels like running his colonel into a bomb for no apparent reason. Is he really not going to get punished for wasting my time and being unsportsmanlike simply because I didn't surrender in time?

Edited by texaspete09, 10 January 2016 - 07:17 PM.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#744 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:28 PM

The only reason I continued the game was because I was informing him he would lose 50 points. It was impossible for me to win so I didn't continue the game with the intention to win. Unless, of course, my opponent feels like running his colonel into a bomb for no apparent reason. Is he really not going to get punished for wasting my time and being unsportsmanlike simply because I didn't surrender in time?

Not 'in time' it was ruled no case b/c you didn't surrender at all. IF you had, it would be a valid case b/c the mt know FOR SURE you and your opponent had no way to win the game. By showing them capturing your flag, the mt assume they did it on their own. You have no proof that shows that you let them win.

Edited by Fairway, 10 January 2016 - 08:29 PM.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#745 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

Mistermind22

I really hate this.

Sorry to say, but it's probably the same 3-4 people who play you and they hate you b.c you always make them  lose points. So they create aliases and keep pestering you. Why don't you try quick games?  :) You don't get matched up with people your rank (all the refusers ur playing) but with anyone random. Like bronze players. And then you can win, and not ever get into a draw situation.  :)

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#746 texaspete09

texaspete09

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

Not 'in time' it was ruled no case b/c you didn't surrender at all. IF you had, it would be a valid case b/c the mt know FOR SURE you and your opponent had no way to win the game. By showing them capturing your flag, the mt assume they did it on their own. You have no proof that shows that you let them win.

I did surrender 'at all.' He didn't capture my flag. I surrendered the turn before he could take my flag. Plus, if you examine the third draw refusal, it's obvious I have no way to win and I had him locked down. After the third refusal, I figured why the heck would anything that happens after matter. The game should already be over.

Edited by texaspete09, 11 January 2016 - 01:57 AM.

#747 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,880 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

i can understand that it is not pleasant to lose a game after 3 draws refusals and 21 minutes without game evolution but again if you were him and still having a colonel a sergeant and 2 miners left you can theoretically try to shuffle your pieces or try a miner's passing like in quizz N°6 (see http://forum.strateg...-forum/?p=32354). Again he has reached your flag which is a regular victory. The rules clearly specify that the defeat shall be by surrendering, otherwise we can still think that he got a regular victory by profitting from a mistake from your side or a successful passing miner:

In either case, you should also provide screen shots of any relevant chat dialogue. After you have collected all the required screen shots over the specified time periods, you can surrender and take a time stamped screen shot of the “Defeat” screen. If you provide evidence that you surrendered, and your opponent is found in violation of our rules, then 13 points, which is the difference between a loss and a draw, will be restored to your rating.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#748 texaspete09

texaspete09

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

I will surrender immediately next time. What happened after the third refusal was I didn't notice he threatened my major and he took it. I was too frustrated to continue so I let him take the path to the flag.
  • Fairway likes this

#749 SymmeTric

SymmeTric

Sergeant

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

Any update?

This is why players keep doing this crap. They get away with it!

You posted a draw refusal case on behalve of Lightborn.

The player W1T 3 violated our draw refusal policies and therefore he will be punished with 1st degree draw refusal.

50 points will be deducted from the player W1T3, and the lost 13 points will be restored back to Lightborn.

• Master Mind likes this
There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.Ronald Reagen

#750 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:21 AM