Enigma

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Why did you not registered as darkhorse26 ?

The name needed some improvement, so I switched after I left the other website.  I informed familiar opponents of my identity when they were encountered here (although most of the opponents were new).  I had one name there (which is now gone), and I have one name here.    

• Sohal likes this

#22 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

There is no need for alias accounts.  Experiment with new setups using a single account (play unranked if you're worried about losing "points").  Failure to reveal oneself to a known opponent is the same as cheating.  

I disagree. Cheating affords one an advantage that the other player cannot utilize. Everyone can use multiple accounts.

You have a creative interpretation of the term "cheating." 

Terror made me cruel. 

#23 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,018 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

I disagree. Cheating affords one an advantage that the other player cannot utilize. Everyone can use multiple accounts.

You have a creative interpretation of the term "cheating." 

That's pretzel logic, Chewtoy.  Not everyone uses multiple accounts merely because he can.  Just because we all can do it doesn't make it not cheating when one person uses an alias account and doesn't 'fess up to his opponent his true identity. The root of the problem is the alias account issue.  But the real problem is in the lack of revelation.  Enigma quite clearly said that not revealing "oneself to a known opponent is the same as cheating."  

• Lonello likes this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#24 Pd3a

Pd3a

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

Pd3a recently met

1eAtK1A.jpg

#25 Win.by.TKo

Win.by.TKo

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

It seems to me that some players here take the game and their rating a little bit too seriously.  Creating an alias just so you can try new setups is a copout.  Creating a new account places you against weaker competition.  Is that really testing your new setup?  .  The ratings system is in place to allow players to find a matchup close to their level of ability, and that's it.  Those who do not want to test setups with their main (and should be only) account is simply risk-averse.

• TheOptician likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users