Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

Hello all,

I do not think I have a case but I find this unsportsmanlike. The case is as follows. I was playing Parias, a greek player. I had a bug as my pieces would not move anymore. I tried 4 or 5 moves and nothing moved. I asked for a pause to see if anything would change. Parias declined. After that however I had moved the 5 moves and he seemed to have too because I lost 2 scouts and a captain. And I did not know which pieces hit them. Parias of course could not help this. But I asked him if he would tell me which piece had removed my captain and he did not tell me. I was so pissed with the bug and with him not telling me that in the end I lost. I do not want to make a case of it but am I asking too much of my opponent or is he unsportsmanlike? Tell me your honest opinion. Thanks

Greetings, Moghedien

Sevenseas: with sympathy vote I mean that I thought you were right in my opinion but I would not make a case of it...

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#742 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

Beware of anquas.

He is definitely a multiple account user, I don't remember playing him before, but he knew my exact setup, plowed through my lineup with surgical precision, the way you can only if you know where the opponents pieces are (this was not lotto, definitely he had the setup written down).  I know nothing can be done, but I wanted to post this warning for others to change any common setups if they play him.

• sevenseas likes this

#743 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Steelers. One general good rule of thumb is anyone < 200 games and 700+ is a multi account user especially so if they have above 65% wins. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#744 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:00 AM

In the sevenseas/kostas2506 affair the appropriate draw refusal rule is below:

If one player requests a tie and is refused, then it is the responsibility of the player who refused the tie to make an attack and to try to advance the game toward a resolution.

In this case it would be an iffy matter for sevenseas if he chose to press a case with the three screenshots we see. Not much occurs on the part of kostas2506, but he had every right to try the carousel approach for ten full minutes if he chooses, as this could be a valid approach at winning, and in this case he does have seven pieces he could be jostling about in the effort.

The thing that would have to be proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, is that kostas2506 was not attempting this effort to confuse sevenseas by clear movement of most or all of his pieces.

As the screens here show a movement of four of kostas2506's seven movable pieces, there is arguably reasonable doubt that kostas2506 was attempting to do this. So a case prior to ten minutes would be questionable.

If this kind of time issue bothers anyone, speak up about it. For now the ten minute rule is considered tried and true and will likely stay in place, unless an alternative is popularized.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#745 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

In the sevenseas/kostas2506 affair the appropriate draw refusal rule is below:

If one player requests a tie and is refused, then it is the responsibility of the player who refused the tie to make an attack and to try to advance the game toward a resolution.

In this case it would be an iffy matter for sevenseas if he chose to press a case with the three screenshots we see. Not much occurs on the part of kostas2506, but he had every right to try the carousel approach for ten full minutes if he chooses, as this could be a valid approach at winning, and in this case he does have seven pieces he could be jostling about in the effort.

The thing that would have to be proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, is that kostas2506 was not attempting this effort to confuse sevenseas by clear movement of most or all of his pieces.

As the screens here show a movement of four of kostas2506's seven movable pieces, there is arguably reasonable doubt that kostas2506 was attempting to do this. So a case prior to ten minutes would be questionable.

If this kind of time issue bothers anyone, speak up about it. For now the ten minute rule is considered tried and true and will likely stay in place, unless an alternative is popularized.

I do not appreciate players shuffling pieces for 10 minutes in a clearly drawn position. It is physically impossible for one to forget 1 moving piece that has to be avoided. 

#746 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

I do not appreciate players shuffling pieces for 10 minutes in a clearly drawn position. It is physically impossible for one to forget 1 moving piece that has to be avoided. 

Actually, no!! I do that quite a lot and lose most draw situations because of it. :-( But at platinum level, of course, you are correct.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#747 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:58 AM

Pending administrative action, 13 system points will be taken away from player KungFuPoo and given to JoshJesh. Then 50 more points will be deducted from KungFuPoo and he will be sent a first degree warning letter for a draw refusal with JoshJesh.

Then player KungFuPoo will also be banned for one week and sent a 2nd degree warning letter for abusive language in the same game.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#748 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

Just a suggestion for the site to make it harder for cheaters that write down people's setups.  Maybe it shouldn't be revealed who you're playing against until after the setups are complete and the game starts. 

#749 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

Just a suggestion for the site to make it harder for cheaters that write down people's setups.  Maybe it shouldn't be revealed who you're playing against until after the setups are complete and the game starts. 

Or just ban multiple accounts?

I change setups and tactics based on who my opponent is, his playstyle and his skill level. 

#750 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

@ Trickz other account, Yuckfou: 

This is probably seriously belated thinking and terrible I JUST noticed this, but did anyone ever see that if:

You switch the y and the f, what does the name read?

#751 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

@ Trickz other account, Yuckfou: 

This is probably seriously belated thinking and terrible I JUST noticed this, but did anyone ever see that if:

You switch the y and the f, what does the name read?

It took you a month to notice that? :o

#752 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

Yep. My mind is sometimes VERY sad. Like seriously sad.

#753 Emergency

Emergency

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

I want to report an unbelieveble situation of refusing draw.
I have 50 pages of screenshots to prove it.
How can I put the 50 pages on this site?
Emergency

#754 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

50 pages of screenshots? Why?

#755 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

lol at first I thought Trickz didn't like Chinese food or something.  :lol:

#756 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

I want to report an unbelieveble situation of refusing draw.
I have 50 pages of screenshots to prove it.
How can I put the 50 pages on this site?
Emergency

Oops, why? You just need 20 minutes or somewhat (screenshots of the 3 tie requests and the surrender screen)

I never play very long against those freaks, just use the required time and leave the game after it. :)

• Lonello and sevenseas like this

#757 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

A report for battlechat. From a search I found that he has received a 1st degree notice but as it seems he doesn' t care much about it, so why should the site care about him?

battle_chat1.jpg

Edited by danis_p_gr, 07 January 2016 - 10:39 PM.

#758 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

A report for battlechat. From a search I found that he has received a 1st degree notice but as it seems he doesn' t care much about it, so why should the site care about him?

battle_chat1.jpg

And of course for once more same expressions, same use of f*  word, same Danish flag...

#759 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

A report for battlechat. From a search I found that he has received a 1st degreearrow-10x10.png notice but as it seems he doesn' t care much about it, so why should the site care about him?

battle_chat1.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOL

That is HILARIOUS

The exact same thing happened herearrow-10x10.png

He came down with marsh, took lieutenant, and  i hit with spy.

Attached Files

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#760 bjb007

bjb007

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

i had a game with player "dekaraki". 

He played an awful game with repeating chasing. How can I report him and what should I do the next time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users