#61 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

Yes, well, astros, all things reach a boiling point at the top. waterfall had been a building thing for a little while before Hielco complained, but like tobermoryx said, it needs to be blatant before it's caught. Reaching Hielco's level qualified as that. Reaction by everyone taking place after Satan/Hielco and Sohal were vociferously complaining is only natural. And you can't expect those guys not to voice their opinions just because they're at the top.

Really, the problem with waterfall was that it was essentially a new one. Now we know this offense can happen we will all be more vigilant. If it were to occur today, I suspect there'd be a lot more suspicion on the way up.

Look, multiple accounts are THE problem here. We all know it. Even the movement rules are a distant second in importance. There's no use in nitpicking at others' use of multiple accounts when we've all had them--including both you and me, astros. To knock others becomes like the biblical plank in the eye. It's disingenuous.

Since it's clearly a site rule not to have multiple accounts, any time any of us has done so, we've broken the rules. So I'm not vindictive about multiple accounts of others. It's really a site problem that needs to be tackled by the administrators, and they have so far either failed to acknowledge our concerns in this matter, or they've poo poohed them. So I say any disdain in this matter needs to be pointed towards them.

If everyone were to press customer care for a solution to the problem, we might actually get one. I'm not betting that, but you never know. They are, after all, doing active programming now on the site with the new app. If we could only turn their attention to this issue....

Anyway, an active email campaign would certainly be a start. Send an email to customercare@stratego.com and demand a fix to the multiple account problem. That would be a better use of our energies than all the infighting we've undergone for years.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#62 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,066 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

I never knew that having multiple accounts was against the rules around here, I thought they allowed them? :huh:

#63 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

Waterfall was not banned because of multiple accounts, neither because hielco cried.

He was banned because he used to play against his own accounts, and give waterfall account the win.

So he got 2 points / game with his main account.

He could had have 50 accounts, all would have been around 600 points, his real level.

This clown is probably still here.

• Lonello and sevenseas like this

#64 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

Losermaker, it's a bit troubling that a great player such as yourself could be heard to say that, but it's not unbelievable. The official rules here are found in a somewhat complicated arrangement of three different sources. The triumvirate of rules here is found in:

1). Terms and Conditions. This is accessed on the game side settings page of the old app and web version. It was established by the original developers of the old app and web version circa 2011. Curiously, the gray link to it below has not worked since early in Mick's time here, and Terms and Conditions are not available at all to new app users such as myself.

2). The General Forum Rules. This is accessed under Stratego News/News & Updates, and finally

3). The General Site and Forum Rules. This is accessed under Stratego Multiplayer/General Discussion.

I cannot give you the link to cite the Terms and Conditions from my Android phone, but if you go to the bottom of the small settings window there using the old app or web version, you will find them and with a little reading locate the precise point within them where multiple accounts are mentioned.

At the link below see Bullet #11 to find multiple accounts banned within The General Forum Rules.

http://forum.strateg...-rules/#entry41

Lastly, and very interestingly, from the source we moderators most often refer to, the General Site and Forum Rules, there is no specific injunction mentioned against multiple accounts, except possibly the loosely worded "flaw in our system" under Cheating found there.

Find these rules here: http://forum.strateg...014/#entry11336

But with two or three parts of this rules structure lined up against them, the truth is clear enough. It has only been ignored by the admins possibly for the reason they haven't had to answer enough emails from players complaining to change that yet.
  • Lonello likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#65 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

I was going to say this but now I don't have to anymore :). Hielco or other top players complaining/threatening to quit had no bearing indeed:

Waterfall was not banned because of multiple accounts, neither because hielco cried.

He was banned because he used to play against his own accounts, and give waterfall account the win

I think the mix up possibly is that MT did give Waterfall a Warning Point for abusive behavior towards Hielco which predates the ban.

Lo

#66 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

He was banned because he used to play against his own accounts, and give waterfall account the win.
So he got 2 points / game with his main account.

He could had have 50 accounts, all would have been around 600 points, his real level.
This clown is probably still here.

Two waterfall alias accounts have been permanently banned because of everything so far, Iron mind and botanic. With these two, at least, waterfall would have gained more than 2 points. You can see even today that Iron mind sits at 829 and botanic at 824. This would not be terribly many points for waterfall at his highest rating, perhaps, but more than 2. One can only conclude he propped up these accounts with unknown others as well.

i77rs4m.jpg

#67 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,066 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

Thanks Gary. I was not aware that it was actually written down as a rule, but it says it pretty plain and simple there ;). I guess URLP will have to die... :)

#68 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

When you search for an opponent and it finds someone, I believe if you then leave the setup screen you would forfeit the game and lose the points, is this correct? If so, how does one manage to not play an opponent you recognise as being a cheat? By the time you can see who you are playing, it is too late to leave the game without losing?

Should it not be that you would only lose the game and the points if you quit after the game has begun?

#69 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,402 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

Just play is a better opportunity. Luckily not everyone is a cheater yet.

• Fairway likes this

#70 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:42 PM

When you search for an opponent and it finds someone, I believe if you then leave the setup screen you would forfeit the game and lose the points, is this correct? 

Yes this is correct. On stratego.com you cannot "refuse" to play somebody. Doing so would open door for a lot of abuses. As master Mind said just play your game. If your opponent is cheating, refusing draws or having abusive behaviour just report him (refer to our rules:http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2014/ )and he will have to bear the consequences of his actions.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#71 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

When you search for an opponent and it finds someone, I believe if you then leave the setup screen you would forfeit the game and lose the points, is this correct? If so, how does one manage to not play an opponent you recognise as being a cheat? By the time you can see who you are playing, it is too late to leave the game without losing?

Should it not be that you would only lose the game and the points if you quit after the game has begun?

I'm not going to say how he was cheating, i already revealed some parts of it.

Don't want a new waterfall case, because it takes months for admin to move a finger.

#72 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:54 PM

@Sohal

The waterfall case was not a serious revelation, everyone knew outset that " Waterfall" was cheater and some players here know who is "waterfall team"

Edited by Aris1970, 20 December 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#73 Rubyf

Rubyf

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

pierieliepiepilo, mail to customercare sended.

#74 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:16 PM

Who is Maatamm? 979 platinum marshal and 79%

Israel flag (huge surprise there)

please ban this clown too

Edited by sevenseas, 20 December 2015 - 10:16 PM.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#75 Pieter Pan

Pieter Pan

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

I just cant believe people spend time to cheat this game.

Get a life, I would say

• Lonello, Fairway and Master Mind like this

#76 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

I just cant believe people spend time to cheat this game.

Get a life, I would say

The time spent+wasted to cheat you could, if you actually learned the game instead, be better.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#77 Pieter Pan

Pieter Pan

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Strange how some people seem to know exacty what your pieces are

Edited by Pieter Pan, 23 December 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#78 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,402 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

This can depend on 3 factors:

1. Your opponent has got a lot of luck
  2. Your opponent has the talent to estimate your setup, whether it's bluff or not etc.
  3. Your opponent is cheating

#79 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

2. Your opponent has the talent to estimate your setup, whether it's bluff or not etc.
  3. Your opponent is cheating The mods say there is no way for your opponent to see your pieces.

Edited by Fairway, 25 December 2015 - 10:12 PM.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#80 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:18 PM

3. Your opponent is cheating The mods say there is no way for your opponent to see your pieces.

He is referring to the many people who use multiple accounts purely to cheat (to write down someone's setup on one account and then hope you use the same setup when they switch to another)

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users