Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

http://imgur.com/37ovc5d

"Dou" is a multi account cheater that needs to be banned. 70% record and platinum, but charges marshal straight down the middle next to my spy

Sorry, but I don't get how from this screenshot he cheats.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#42 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

Sorry, but I don't get how from this screenshot he cheats.

He has multiple accounts, and writes down your setup on one account and hopes to match you again on another account and lotto. I had an unprotected col in that position on another setup which I presume is the one he copied down.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#43 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:42 PM

Okay, then.  :) That makes sense. I'm not quite sure If just the pic has enough evidence to prove this, though. We'll see.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#44 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

With a 70% record and platinum ranked it is proof enough. No one plays like that at platinum with a decent winning percentage

#45 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:38 AM

I lotto a bunch and, recently, my win percentage is close to 70% :)

• sevenseas and texaspete09 like this
3 - 0

#46 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

I lotto a bunch and, recently, my win percentage is close to 70% :)

Haha... i think you're the only one :)

#47 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:57 AM

Haha... i think you're the only one :)

Well, I've gotta say that both of you guys are very good..... I've gotten beat by Astros in 5 minutes and lost to Sevenseas after being up a general... If I condense that it simply means that my game is pathetic. :(

#48 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:43 AM

GrizzlyFortress is another multi account cheater:-

http://imgur.com/pIONB7M

Came with marshal and got taken out straight away. Ridiculous. Even 300 elo players can do better than that, the only way he can play like that and be 750 is if he scouts peoples setups on other accounts. 

Edited by sevenseas, 11 December 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#49 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:52 PM

sevenseas, it seems to me that he wasted a perfectly good opportunity to scout more after lottoing his Marshal like that. I notice that there was another battle that happened after the Marshal battle because the white writing at the bottom of the screen shows something about a lieutenant being in a battle. It's covered up by the details screen, but it makes me wonder if something went wrong for the fellow. A fellow usually disconnects after losing a big piece. Usually. Do you think he might have had any kind of a valid reason for disconnecting, therefore? As I said, he gave up the game quickly when he could have scouted a lot more because he'd already blown the game.

Cheating is a serious charge. I'm going to see if the rest of the MT feels your post is unsupported. I don't lack sympathy for the plight the higher ranks have, however. It's just a touchy thing to accuse without rock solid evidence. To be honest I would prefer we have a decline button so the players have some power of their own.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#50 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Captain

• Moderators
  • 785 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

He surrendered

#51 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Captain

• Moderators
  • 785 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

the writing i guess is 'Sevenseas Sergeant failed to capture Grizzly Fortress Lieutenant'

GF i think would have to wait til his turn to surrender

#52 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:52 AM

The only real defense against people you suspect to be muti account users is to merely switch a few units and bombs around from one of your favorite setups or just throw out a totally new setup.  When they come in with Marshal expecting that same setup they run into bomb instead.  

I agree with you Sevenseas there are probably a few players or more who probably have 10+ accounts and use them to scout yourself setups.  Unless if the site decides to limit the number of accounts and/or confirm accounts by E-mail this is something that just won't go away.  

• MasterYodaa likes this

#53 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

sevenseas, it seems to me that he wasted a perfectly good opportunity to scout more after lottoing his Marshal like that. I notice that there was another battle that happened after the Marshal battle because the white writing at the bottom of the screen shows something about a lieutenant being in a battle. It's covered up by the details screen, but it makes me wonder if something went wrong for the fellow. A fellow usually disconnects after losing a big piece. Usually. Do you think he might have had any kind of a valid reason for disconnecting, therefore? As I said, he gave up the game quickly when he could have scouted a lot more because he'd already blown the game.
Cheating is a serious charge. I'm going to see if the rest of the MT feels your post is unsupported. I don't lack sympathy for the plight the higher ranks have, however. It's just a touchy thing to accuse without rock solid evidence. To be honest I would prefer we have a decline button so the players have some power of their own.

Hi Gary.

It is very difficult, if not impossible, to have any solid evidence for cheating, but players can bring forth very strong evidence which could be checked by admins.

For example in the Waterfall case; waterfall played an average game and certainly not that of a top player. The elite players on this site like Sohal and Hielco knew something was amiss straight away from 1 videos vs maxroelofs. It's not concrete evidence of course but the instinct is very strong.

There is absolutely no legitimate player 700+ with few amounts of games (less than 200) and a good win percentage who lottoes every game. Please understand I'm not talking about the tactical attacks that Gentleben uses, or the lottoes that astros does: this is just pure charging of the marshal into the opponents setup. It is almost certain that he cheats by scouting setups.

I had this problem a while ago too, but I can defend against it very easily now with some defensive setups that are lotto-proof from the start of the game. It is a serious problem that I have to put up with this rubbish. Can't the cheaters be banned so that we all can play more games of actual stratego? :)

#54 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

sevenseas, the MT has voted "no problem" with your post. So that's good.

The truth of things here on the site is that we live in a world of multiple accounts and a Swiss cheese defense for stopping more. If that were not the case and we had a wonderful, idyllic setting of one person/one account, then I would disagree a lot more loudly. Accusing someone then would be a much more serious thing.

But while things are as they are, we (me included) can see that perfect world rules are benefited by flexibility.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#55 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

WHAT!!!!

I played against NAMISH (890, 200-55, platinum marshal)

I was creating my setup, and suddenly it goes back to the home screen, and was counted as a lost game, interrupting my win streak!

What's this!

First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#56 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

WHAT!!!!

I played against NAMISH (890, 200-55, platinum marshal)

I was creating my setup, and suddenly it goes back to the home screen, and was counted as a lost game, interrupting my win streak!

What's this!

It's a common bug. 

#57 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

sevenseas, the MT has voted "no problem" with your post. So that's good.

The truth of things here on the site is that we live in a world of multiple accounts and a Swiss cheese defense for stopping more. If that were not the case and we had a wonderful, idyllic setting of one person/one account, then I would disagree a lot more loudly. Accusing someone then would be a much more serious thing.

But while things are as they are, we (me included) can see that perfect world rules are benefited by flexibility.

If I had to guess this guy probably does cheat. However, sevenseas has shown nothing definitive. It is ridiculous that high ranks pull more weight around here.

Same thing with the Waterfall case, what Waterfall did was lame. He broke a rule that is rarely enforced and violated by many top players. However, because Hieclo cried about it, Waterfall got a permanent ban for using multiple accounts.

The MT has always been fair to me. They have a thankless job. The way the rules have been enforced have not always been consistent.

This is not directed at anyone, it is just a concern I have.

Edited by astros, 17 December 2015 - 10:44 PM.

3 - 0

#58 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

If I had to guess this guy probably does cheat. However, sevenseas has shown nothing definitive. It is ridiculous that high ranks pull more weight around here.

Same thing with the Waterfall case, what Waterfall did was lame. He broke a rule that is rarely enforced and violated by many top players. However, because Hieclo cried about it, Waterfall got a permanent ban for using multiple accounts.

The MT has always been fair to me. They have a thankless job. The way the rules have been enforced have not always been consistent.

This is not directed at anyone, it is just a concern I have.

Astros,

There is a difference between one simply having multiple accounts, and using accounts to artificially boost one's own rankings on the site. What Waterfall did was the latter, he did not earn his rank of 1154 points legitimately. 

Edited by sevenseas, 17 December 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#59 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Captain

• Moderators
  • 785 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

Many people complained about Waterfall. It was ridiculous that he could be No.1 on the leaderboard by doing that . It made the site a joke .

It's hard to say if other players do that as well unless it's blatant you can't tell really.
  • Lonello likes this

#60 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

Astros,

There is a difference between one simply having multiple accounts, and using accounts to artificially boost one's own rankings on the site. What Waterfall did was the latter, he did not earn his rank of 1154 points legitimately. 

If multiple accounts are against the rules it should not matter how one uses his duplicates. All duplicates have an effect on ratings because players are playing below their skill level and skewing results.

He got a permenant ban because the top players complained and Hieclo threatened to quit if he was not removed.

3 - 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users