The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

Division 2 is now officially open: so you can all start arranging and playing!

In this the topic all players in Division 2 can post their availability, post game arrangements and results.

In this topic both players should confirm right before or during setup-time that they will be playing at that moment. Only then the match will be a valid tournament match.

All games must be played as unranked games. Participants are urged to add all other players that are in their division to their friends list. They can play whenever they like. There is however a curfew. All players must have played at least 7 of their matches within the first 6 weeks. For the remaining matches TC can make a schedule and decide, for fair play purposes,  which match has to be played when (which sequence) and if required TC can provide additional rules. TC can decide to intervene at an earlier stage if they see fit.

After the match has finished,  the result of the match should be reported immediately in this topic. This can be done by a screenshot, but it would be nice if just BOTH participants report/confirm the result immediately following the end of the match.

Every player plays every other player in their division exactly once for this tournament

Each game scores points (6 for a victory, 3 for a draw and 1 for a loss)

The first 2 in the final Standings of division 2 will move up to Division 1 for the Mid Year Division Tournament (approx May 2015). The last two in the final standings will move down to Division 3 for the Mid Year Division Tournament 

The Official Participants are: 

NDJ       

spyros77            

Karaiskakis        

King Tubby        

TheOptician      

papillon                   

sir_darkos         

DR_ELL_SuPREME         

Kambia

Luckypapa

Napoleon 1er 

Sgt. Blkdog

We wish all the participants all the best and have fun!

For more information:

The Rules
The Policy can be found in the next post
The Announcement of this tournament with a summary
How the Divisions work
Question Thread

#2 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

The Tournament Committee maintains a fair play policy concerning behavior on the battlefield:

• First and most important: all players are equal (to us) and should be treated that way. So we made a set of very clear rules. We kept them short and easy, but with that comes some extra responsibility for participants. This league structure is a completely new concept and can only work if we all do our part;
  • You are only allowed to record a match if you requested and received permission from your opponent prior to the match (with proof). Please respect the decision of your opponent; the only exception is that you can film the sequence of moves needed for proof of doublechasing;
  • In case of a system bug, your opponent decides whether to accept the win (which is legal, except when it happens during setup) or to start the game over. That decision must be respected you;
  • Double-chase is NOT allowed; counter-chasing is accepted;
  • Accept draws if there is no other option. The draw refusal policy is in place, and TC will judge cases;
  • Refrain from abusive behavior;
  • Keep the tournament going; we aim for a total running time of 10 weeks. No delaying/stalling please;

Any violation of this policy can at least lead to a disqualification.

#3 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

We also maintain a strict forum policy:

• Insinuations and unneeded remarks towards other players are not tolerated anywhere;
  • Division threads are reserved to the participants and TC and are primarily to make game arrangements (game chat is preferred), start confirmations and results reports;
  • If you want to show support you can do so by placing a bet on your favorite player in the Bets topic;
  • If a question comes up TC will handle it and if there is a remark about the general functioning of the rules or suggestions (for the next tournament) it should be put in the questions topic;
  • The Bomb of Spies is the place to congratulate people after a match with the result,  their great efforts or some great sportsmanship. But please keep it real and in context;
  • Players are RESPONSIBLE for their correct forum use. People should use the appropriate thread for their posts. Posting in the wrong topic can lead to hiding/deleting it or for the post being moved to the appropriate topic;
  • These principles are in place to be as transparent as possible to ALL players. Please respect others and have fun;

Any violation of this policy can at least lead to a disqualification, and even a forum ban. TC hides or moves posts in case of violation of these rules, and will mention that by PM to the original poster

#4 Kambia

Kambia

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

I am available to play from Monday to Friday at 07:00 GMT till 09:00 GMT and also at 20:00 GMT (22:00 Greece Time) till 23:00 GMT. 

Saturdays and Sundays if someone can play I will try to arrange it :) 

Have fun. It's just a game! 

#5 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hi, I am hoping to be available this Thursday, 12/4, GMT 18.00-20.00. I've been under the weather but aiming to improve by then. I'll be in the challenge zone at 18.00 if I'm good or if I haven't set something up with anyone before then. Cheers, Papillon

Thursday edit: I can't make it today, will try same time Friday, GMT 18.00-20.00 (tomorrow).

Edited by papillon, 04 December 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#6 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

To keep this thread as clean as possible we ask all of you to post GENERAL availability in this D2 general availability topic  and if there is a moment that you just happen to have some (extra) spare time to post it here. For example: "I can play the next three hours". 

Kambia's post is a good example of general availability, while Papillon's is very specific.

We copied Kambia's post to the D2 general availability topic. 

#7 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

spyros77 and I will kick off Division 2 with its first game in 5 minutes!

#8 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

Spyros77 and I will kick off Division 2 with its first game in 5 minutes!

I won.

Good game. Initial advantage for me, spyros77 set things straight, I had an advantage of captains but a marshall disadvantage with no spy left, we both took some calculated risks but my last miner slipped through very well in the end, while I seemed to got his last one trapped: lucky for me, otherwise spyros77 would have won. 3 minutes before the end I would have been extremely happy with a draw since I thought I already lost due to not being able to trap a miner that slipped through, but it turned out to be a 3rd bluff  ^_^

Well played spyros77!

#9 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

spyros77 - Papillon 1-0

http://i.imgur.com/yly8SEz.png

Very good game

• Aris1970, Kambia and papillon like this

#10 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

spyros77 - Papillon 1-0

http://i.imgur.com/yly8SEz.png

Very good game

You're too kind! I had basically no answer for Spyros today, the first time we've played. By the time the popcorn was ready, he dropped an uncontested miner on my flag.

We met unexpectedly and played it out. I should have put the announcement in the forum before we started but it was happening too fast for my medication to catch up. Cheers to Spyros.

• Kambia likes this

#11 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Hi, NDJ and I are about to play right now. GL, NDJ

#12 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi, NDJ and I are about to play right now. GL, NDJ

Good nice game with a recovering Papillon ending with my little secret ^_^  I won, thanks!!

#13 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

Confirmed, NDJ won. Well played, NDJ! I can upload screenshot if I am allowed to add a frowny face on it.

http://i.imgur.com/AdISAAI.png

#14 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,293 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

Victory for Karaiskakis v TheOptician.

Cunning play with the spy had me stunned... :-)

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

#15 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,293 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Worth adding that when my marshall moved next to his spy he didn't keep me waiting and took the piece swiftly. I'm sure many are familiar with the  'keep the opponent waiting before you take their marshall' tactic that some less charming players use in an exercise of mild power... No such messing around here, marshall was swiftly beheaded and tears flowed from TheOptician's area of expertise (that's the eye clearly) :-)

• cflag and papillon like this

#16 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

gg Optician and thx for the game.

vlJ6kXB.png

#17 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

Kambia and Napoleon 1er are about to play right now

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#18 Kambia

Kambia

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:48 AM

Confirmed 

Lets have fun  :)

#19 Kambia

Kambia

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well, after an hour I lost the game :D 

It was a good game! Thanks Napoleon 1er. 

#20 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

thank you kambia for the good game

http://imgur.com/LVW11FV

Napoleon 1er

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users