The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

Division 1 is now officially open: so you can all start arranging and playng!

In this the topic all players in Division 1 can post their availability, post game arrangements and results.

In this topic both players should confirm right before or during setup-time that they will be playing at that moment. Only then the match will be a valid tournament match.

All games must be played as unranked games. Participants are urged to add all other players that are in their division to their friends list. They can play whenever they like. There is however a curfew. All players must have played at least 7 of their matches within the first 6 weeks. For the remaining matches TC can make a schedule and decide, for fair play purposes,  which match has to be played when (which sequence) and if required TC can provide additional rules. TC can decide to intervene at an earlier stage if they see fit.

After the match has finished,  the result of the match should be reported immediately in this topic. This can be done by a screenshot, but it would be nice if just BOTH participants report/confirm the result immediately following the end of the match.

Every player plays every other player in their division exactly once for this tournament

Each game scores points (6 for a victory, 3 for a draw and 1 for a loss)

The winner of this division will be Online Stratego Master 2014. The last two in the final standings will move down to Division 2 for the Mid Year Division Tournament (approx May 2015)

The Official 12 Participants are: 

Satan-NL
Nortrom
maxroelofs
playa1
Lonello
THEE_ASSASSIN
dutchkillers
OFFLINE NOW
The Prof
zoografos
Enigma

Aris1970

We wish all the participants all the best and have fun!

For more information:

The Rules
The Policy can be found in the next post
The Announcement of this tournament with a summary
How the Divisions work
Question Thread

#2 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

The Tournament Committee maintains a fair play policy concerning behavior on the battlefield:

• First and most important: all players are equal (to us) and should be treated that way. So we made a set of very clear rules. We kept them short and easy, but with that comes some extra responsibility for participants. This league structure is a completely new concept and can only work if we all do our part;
  • You are only allowed to record a match if you requested and received permission from your opponent prior to the match (with proof). Please respect the decision of your opponent; the only exception is that you can film the sequence of moves needed for proof of doublechasing;
  • In case of a system bug, your opponent decides whether to accept the win (which is legal, except when it happens during setup) or to start the game over. That decision must be respected you;
  • Double-chase is NOT allowed; counter-chasing is accepted;
  • Accept draws if there is no other option. The draw refusal policy is in place, and TC will judge cases;
  • Refrain from abusive behavior;
  • Keep the tournament going; we aim for a total running time of 10 weeks. No delaying/stalling please;

Any violation of this policy can at least lead to a disqualification.

#3 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:33 PM

We also maintain a strict forum policy:

• Insinuations and unneeded remarks towards other players are not tolerated anywhere;
  • Division threads are reserved to the participants and TC and are primarily to make game arrangements (game chat is preferred), start confirmations and results reports;
  • If you want to show support you can do so by placing a bet on your favorite player in the Bets topic;
  • If a question comes up TC will handle it and if there is a remark about the general functioning of the rules or suggestions (for the next tournament) it should be put in the questions topic;
  • The Bomb of Spies is the place to congratulate people after a match with the result,  their great efforts or some great sportsmanship. But please keep it real and in context;
  • Players are RESPONSIBLE for their correct forum use. People should use the appropriate thread for their posts. Posting in the wrong topic can lead to hiding/deleting it or for the post being moved to the appropriate topic;
  • These principles are in place to be as transparent as possible to ALL players. Please respect others and have fun;

Any violation of this policy can at least lead to a disqualification, and even a forum ban. TC hides or moves posts in case of violation of these rules, and will mention that by PM to the original poster

#4 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

Nortrom can you play saturday 18.00GMT?

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 844 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

Unfortunately I have a pretty busy schedule this weekend with a lot of "maybes", so I'm afraid I'd rather not say yes.

Next week sat 18.00 GMT is better doable - if this is ok for you, I will confirm a few days prior to the date. 

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#6 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:37 AM

next week is good too

#7 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

who wants to play?

i can play every day after 18.00 GMT

we have to play 7 games in 6 weeks,so please dont wait untill the last days

#8 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

We'd urge everyone to add all other players to their friend lists and then see who's online. Also, try to go to the challenge zone often to meet eachother and add as friends.

And like Satan states, try to play the first couple of games as soon as possible and don't wait till the end.

#9 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

We'd urge everyone to add all other players to their friend lists and then see who's online. Also, try to go to the challenge zone often to meet eachother and add as friends

OK, rest assured I will only play tourney games from now on until it's over, but can't play until next week so meet you all then :) !

Lo

#10 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

http://uploadenfoto....fd088474fffdbf4

i won

but this site sucks,every time i play here somethings wrong

#11 OFFLINE NOW

OFFLINE NOW

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

yes he won. 2 times in 30 minites. i made 20 moves in 2 fn games. what a fn site.

#12 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

who wants to play next?

i can play every day after 18.00 GMT

#13 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

I can play today during daytime.

Also I can play tomorrow from about 11 GMT to 15 GMT.

Lo

#14 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 844 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

@Satan sat 18 isnt going to work, something else came up.

To all: Since this thread is going to be huge if everyone posts here - please contact me by PM.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#15 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

@Satan sat 18 isnt going to work, something else came up.

To all: Since this thread is going to be huge if everyone posts here - please contact me by PM.

Indeed, please use mainly PM, although you can post general availability here as well  (one post per player please) or tell others you are available today or tomorrow at a certain time. We just deleted some timeproposals that are no longer valid, to keep this topic as lean as possible.

#16 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Lonello i can play

Woensdag 13.00u onze tijd (CET) is OK! Hope to meet you there.

Lo

#17 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

ok

#18 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

Uff, I was up a full colonel and a full lieu this time but had no chance as Satan figured out my set up by then so got the flag :(. GG Satan, what's the standings now, Satan nr. 1 and I am nr. last  :rolleyes:  ^_^

Lo

#19 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

http://uploadenfoto....ea70046c416fba2

gg

#20 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Needed to get off that last place and got a draw against OFFLINE NOW :). Up 2 colonels but down a marshal and didn't know his big pieces nor his set up so I requested a draw since he's Silver and he accepted  :D

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users