The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

In this topic you can raise your questions related to this tournament. A member of TC will be happy to answer them as soon as possible.

#2 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

1: If this is the policy we are going to have the next years (best 2 promote and last 2 degrade) then what do we do if one decides to quit the tournament? 

2: What do we do with the people who want to participate, but didn't participate in any other tournament yet.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#3 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

1: If this is the policy we are going to have the next years (best 2 promote and last 2 degrade) then what do we do if one decides to quit the tournament? 

2: What do we do with the people who want to participate, but didn't participate in any other tournament yet.

1. what situation are you exactly refering to?

A player skipping a division tournament ? that player will be invited again for the next divisions tournament see here.

For this tournament: you can not decline your invitation to join a division to play in a lower one.

2. They should have joined the CL or autumn tournaments and can't join this one, but will be invited to join the next Division tournament if they first joined the Open tournament early next year.

#4 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

I couldn't find any information on the start and end dates of the tourney.  I read that there will be great flexibility in scheduling the matches, which is good since I will likely be unable to play between Dec. 27 and Jan 3.  So in order to complete my 11 division games I'll make ever effort to get them played either before or after those dates if possible, but I'd like to know if there are any other specifics I need to take in account.  Thanks.

#5 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,294 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

• Double-chase is NOT allowed; counter-chasing is accepted;

how can people prove doublechasing?

#6 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

I couldn't find any information on the start and end dates of the tourney.  I read that there will be great flexibility in scheduling the matches, which is good since I will likely be unable to play between Dec. 27 and Jan 3.  So in order to complete my 11 division games I'll make ever effort to get them played either before or after those dates if possible, but I'd like to know if there are any other specifics I need to take in account.  Thanks.

When it starts is in Rule 1: Each Division will start after the participants have been confirmed by the Tournament Committee (TC). Matches can be arranged from that moment.

So as soon as enough players have confirmed to join (preferably 12 participants) TC will confirm the Division and after that it's on.

When it ends: that is a very good question. In order to have as much flexibility as possible we left it "open" , but we are aiming at 10 weeks (per division).

So missing a week (or even two) should be no problem for you. There is enough time left.

Thanks for joining and have fun! 

• The Prof likes this

#7 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,294 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

This is the Division 1 signup page.

Only players that are invited can sign up for Division 1 and have the chance to become the Online Stratego Master 2014.

These players are now invited (green = has accepted):

Satan-NL
Nortrom
maxroelofs
playa1
Lonello
Manning2Cruz
THEE_ASSASSIN
dutchkillers
OFFLINE NOW
The Prof
Darthremark
zoografos
Enigma

We ask each of these players to announce in this topic if they accept the invitation or decline it. If not all of the invited players decide to join this tournament the next person(s) on this list can be invited by the TC to join.

For more information:
The Rules
The Policy can be found in the next post
The Announcement of this tournament with a summary
How the Divisions work
Question Thread

We kindly request that you reply to this invitation as soon as possible.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

1) Sign up period, start time and schedule of the tournament:
Eligible players (see Rule 3) can register in the corresponding signup topic for the division they are invited to. The signup period will be mentioned in that topic and varies for each division.

Each Division will start after the participants have been confirmed by the Tournament Committee (TC). Matches can be arranged from that moment.

The Tournament Comittee (TC) consisting of NDJ, Papillon, The Maestro and Dekaeneas-Spy

According the rules there was a deadline for the sign up period of the 1st division for Saturday 20.59gmt

Suddenly today (one day after the deadline ) without any explanation deadline is empty.

Is there any explanation for the reasons of this change in the rules?

how can people prove doublechasing?

Can someone from the TC answer to my question? 4 days have passed and there is no response from TC.

#8 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hi Karaiskakis,

We did not forget you  ;) However a lot has happened the last few days on the forum as you well know.  

Tomorrow we will issue statements on a lot of things (including the double chase and the sign ups for Division 1). 

#9 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hi everyone!

Based on prior evaluations and opinions regarding the previous tournament, we are organizing under the following motto: simple rules, flexibility and sportsmanship! This means that we want to impose as few rules on players as possible, at the cost of extensive information and rules that cover every detail. We hope to satisfy the community with this, and this will ground most of our decisions.

Double Chasing
Our main aim is to conform to ISF rules and to satisfy the community as to attain a maximum fun level for everyone. Therefore, at least in Division 1, we will not tolerate Double Chasing.
The main stretch can be summarized as follows:
We at least offer and support the possibility to act against double chasing, but it is up to the chasee to prove it.
Like we mentioned in our motto: we want to remain flexible and do not want to impose strict rules, so if the chasee thinks he makes a strong case, we will review it. All possibilities remain open, but we want to stress that for now, we consider a video recording to be the only hard evidence due to the complexity of the problem. We also expect some common sense on this: 5-10 repetitions of double chasing moves cannot be considered a real violation.

As a result of this conclusion, we will allow video without opponent's consent ONLY in case of a rule violation with the aim of proving this, but will consider it an offense if there is no trace of any violation. For this reason, we have updated our policy. We also advise every player to install some screen recording software in advance.

Besides this, we would be really glad if all participants show sportsmanship, have fun prioritized, and can resolve issues like true players without requiring the TC to intervene and judge. TC decisions however will be final.

Tournament deadlines
As we want to remain flexible and serve the community with a fun tournament we also tend to be flexible with signup periods. The dates at the bottom of the sign-up page serve as a guideline, not a deadline.

For now, we assume this tournament to span approximately 10 weeks, with the first 7 matches being  played within the first 6 weeks, after which the TC may create a schedule that primarily focuses on the order in which matches need to be played.

Regarding the question by KARAISKAKIS
We try to have a ruleset as simple as possible, to allow much flexibility and maintain a relaxed atmosphere with fun in the first spot. If you want a complex ruleset covering everything and clarifying everything in advance, limiting everyone's behavior, go on, and we will need to do so. However, we'd like everyone to feel comfortable and have fun, rather than whining over a disappeared guideline date.

BattleCoin prizes
In addition to a lot of fun and honor, we are exploring the possibility to offer additional BattleCoin prizes, and not only for the top ranked players! We hope to get into more detail soon  ^_^

The Tournament Committee

Papillon, Dekaeneas-Spy, The Maestro, NDJ

#10 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,294 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

I am very glad because these changes in the initial rules. Unfortunatelly only video recording can prove the unsportsmanlike behavior of double chasing. Giving the permition to everyone to record and use such videos in case it is needed without the permition of his opponent will solve this problem until developers add it in software. This is also a rule we have in the greek online championship.

I really do not understand when you say that I want a complex ruleset covering everything because I agree that main target must be to leave the players to feel free and comfortable as much as it is possible  and in AT this was not happening.

I am also very glad because you made extension to the sign up period because 1st league needs to be with all the big stars and i wish manning2crouz to accept the invitation.

KARAISKAKIS

Representative member of GSF    in ISF

​Responsible member in Greek online stratego community (GOSC)

#11 Enigma

Enigma

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

Does it matter what order we play our opponents?

#12 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

No you can decide that, yourself...however...All players must have played at least 7 of their matches within the first 6 weeks. For the remaining matches TC can make a schedule and decide, for fair play purposes,  which match has to be played when (which sequence) and if required TC can provide additional rules. TC can decide to intervene at an earlier stage if they see fit.

Division 1 is now open. Have fun.

#13 Enigma

Enigma

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

One other question - can you please provide a list of all alias user names associated with each player who is participating?  We need full disclosure and complete information in order to have fair results.  Thanks.  

• Sohal likes this

#14 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:15 AM

One other question - can you please provide a list of all alias user names associated with each player who is participating?  We need full disclosure and complete information in order to have fair results.  Thanks.  

We don't have such info, but we suggest you should just ask your opponents in a PM. We also suggest to use PM's to make game arrangements, so that can then be done at the same time. 

#15 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

My aliases:

- Decreaser (826)

- Gladiatoras (too long and too little used to mention)

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#16 Aris1970

Aris1970

Major

• Greek Tournament Manager
  • 1,486 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

Tournament Committee

I think that have not invited two players !!!

#17 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Tournament Committee

I think that have not invited two players !!!

All players that ended a tournament in 2014 with points were invited. 

#18 sir_darkos

sir_darkos

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Hi, Is it possible to create a forum topic for each division to arrange the game? I explain how:

During the first 6 weeks, we can create a topic for each player, so each player can propose his availibilities in his own topic.

Like this, If I want(need) to play a particular player, I can check in his topic his availibilities, and arrange a game with him.

And the same, I someone what(need) to play with me he can check my availibilities in my own topic, and arrange the game with me.

What do you think of it? I think It can help to arrange games, especially for players who don't live in very different parts of the words (I live in GMT -5...)

#19 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:59 PM

Hi, Is it possible to create a forum topic for each division to arrange the game? I explain how:

During the first 6 weeks, we can create a topic for each player, so each player can propose his availibilities in his own topic.

Like this, If I want(need) to play a particular player, I can check in his topic his availibilities, and arrange a game with him.

And the same, I someone what(need) to play with me he can check my availibilities in my own topic, and arrange the game with me.

What do you think of it? I think It can help to arrange games, especially for players who don't live in very different parts of the words (I live in GMT -5...)

Hi sir_darkos,

We will discuss this a bit in TC before giving an answer, and will get back to it asap  ^_^

#20 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Thanks much for the post. We're trying a twist on this, one thread fr each division with each player making one post but editing that post throughout the tournament. We started one for D2 and we'll add it to the other divisions if it seems to make sense/work OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users