Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

It seems more and more players are becoming disappointed with players who are so worried about ratings and winning in the rated section that some are resorting to cheating and locking up our game to achieve this goal. If there wasn't even a rating system on here, I'm sure many players would come on here just for fun. (that should be the goal here). Not everyone cares about ratings, but they would be disappointed when they are winning a game and then find out someone has to resort to cheating to win. Also take note that people who don't complain in here or write to the site admin probably just won't come back.

I'd like to recommend a non rated button to search for players who just want to play to play only. I know currently we have where you can invite your own friends on here and then challenge them that way once you befriend them, but what about if you want to meet new friends?

If the site could implement this, then how about also if there is no real buffer to the game? If game isn't rated and people are just here to play, it wouldn't matter if one person was lagging and the other player just wants to leave game or has to leave game for personal reasons. Also if there is no buffer, perhaps both sides would like to have a conversation during the game as well and not have to worry about timers getting them caught up.

I know many more players would still like to play rated games, but perhaps this site should offer them a choice.

#2 dboekestein

dboekestein

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

@MidNightguy we already have a "Ranked" section and a non ranked section. Or am I not understanding your question?

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,827 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

dboekestein,

Where is the "non ranked section" to be found?  When one clicks on Play Now, the only things that are choices are Ranked Matches, Single Player matches (against the computer only), and Quick Matches.  How can we do what Midnightguy is asking?

• Lady Kathryn likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#4 Lady Kathryn

Lady Kathryn

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

@MidNightguy we already have a "Ranked" section and a non ranked section. Or am I not understanding your question?

Perhaps so.

wc 2010x2.jpg

#5 LEVIATHAN33

LEVIATHAN33

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

i cant even play ranked, when i have internet and enter stratego.com

#6 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

i cant even play ranked, when i have internet and enter stratego.com

Can you explain the problem you have? What do you see on your screen? Do you get a connection error pop-up box? Do you see the Ranked games options "ghosted out" in color?

You have a bronze sergeant rating, so it seems you have played some ranked games successfully in the past.

How can I help you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users