Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

I cannot sign on for many hours of the day because the server cannot support more than 300 players, I get disconnected routinely when more than 250 people are online. Purchase a better server, Id even be willing to pay monthly for that. Fix this.

• Moriarty likes this
3 - 0

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

You think this is the entire problem, Astros? It'd be nice to hear more comments on the subject.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#3 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

It's not the entire problem, but a big part of it. There's been ZERO substantive changes since the new "staff" was announced. Zero. 

This site will only worsen as more problems arise. Very disturbing.  . . 

Terror made me cruel. 

#4 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:42 AM

Gary,

I would second the notion that an upgrade of the hardware is needed.  The loading of the software takes me two - three minutes most of the time.  Compared to some other things on the internet that I use this is a very long time. 

Its also possible that there are software issues that impact this, but the infrastructure is obviously not capable of supporting the number of concurrent players that the site now has. 

And if they could get the software load/sign-on time down to 15-20 seconds it would also allow the disconnect clock to be changed to say 1 minute from 2 minutes 30 seconds.  That would represent a huge improvement in terms of dealing with all the folks that seemingly can't find the surrender button.

Regards,

Scott

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

Gary,
I would second the notion that an upgrade of the hardware is needed. The loading of the software takes me two - three minutes most of the time. Compared to some other things on the internet that I use this is a very long time.

And if they could get the software load/sign-on time down to 15-20 seconds it would also allow the disconnect clock to be changed to say 1 minute from 2 minutes 30 seconds. That would represent a huge improvement in terms of dealing with all the folks that seemingly can't find the surrender button.

Regards,
Scott

A couple of good points, Scott, and especially the disconnect/reconnect comment. That'd be great! Astros has been a lone voice about this server issue for awhile. I wanted to recover this post of his by replying to it, and get people talking about it. Plan is working....:)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#6 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

recover this post of his by replying to it

You got a BUMPersticker in your sock for Christmas already :D :P?!

But it is relevant: I spent over an hour yesterday trying to get a Quick game but couldn't get one. So that wasn't so quick. Server problem too.

Lo

#7 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

From my experience with software, most of the times there is an issue it is not caused by the hardware. More and better hardware just hides it longer. If you look at for instance retrieving the top silver players, the software is not up to the job. With a properly written SQL statement and a proper database this should be below 1 sec to retrieve and return to the screen. Instead it takes forever.

Another example is retrieving and building up the Friends List.

Morx

• papillon likes this

#8 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

Morx is right, and glad for the revival of this thread, Gary. Another example of poor load is the sort of hidden "official leaderboard" pages, found with links here: 

http://forum.strateg...ings#entry13033

And we all see a turgid slowdown in european prime time hours. That's when we most often see more than 300 players online, and when that red-screen-of-death happens most often, chat slows to a slothy crawl, or games sometimes get stuck. It's still rare enough in my experience that it's not worth avoiding those times altogether (that's when the best players are around!) but we all are pretty aware now that it's a dicey time for a go.

#9 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:53 AM

Upgrading the servers will cost money which the site doesn't have I'm sure.  I've only been back for a week after being gone for a few months;  I don't know who the new site owners are, but it'll be up to them if they wish to invest more money into the site servers when there are still multiple issues with game itself.  

#10 Trogon

Trogon

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

What's wrong with this sight?

In the middle of the game I was randomly signed out and now I can't join again,

Man, this is annoying.

~Trogon

If you ever happen to play me, prepare for a good game. -Trogon

#11 Trogon

Trogon

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

Great, I lost the points from the battle.

This is so frustrating.

#12 Trogon

Trogon

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

The ready button is currently not working for me.

#13 leppie

leppie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

I think tE server has crasht iTS gone from 300 to 100 in 10 minute

#14 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Yes, it's been wonky since I logged on 2 hrs ago. Had a server dropout mid game.

#15 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

That server upgrade should now be priority #1 over ALL other issues...

• Lonello, maxroelofs, The Prof and 1 other like this

#16 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

The servers are a huge issue.  Too many players and site server not big enough to handle all the traffic.  These things happen a lot:

1) Can't even log in at all

2) You log in but huge error message screen comes up

3) You log in but no one else in lobby

4) You can see lobby but, no friends online

5) Even if you can get a game, serve lag happens

I agree with Maestro the number 1# priority needs to be fix the servers...but that will cost the site more money it doesn't have.  This is why I have stressed in the past, this site needs to consider being at least a particle pay site so it can pay for server and programmers to make upgrades and create new features.  

#17 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

As the next step we opened the Server Monitor. We urge pleayers to add their observations (please read instructions).

Also we ask players to please only be logged in with one ID/alias at the time and ask ALL players to only stay logged in when you want to play, and not just stay online 24/7.

#18 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

We have 500 players that is great. But random kickouts from games are happening again. Also when many players are online my setups will disappear and I have to log in again.

Please address this.

3 - 0

#19 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

Great, I lost the points from the battle.

This is so frustrating.

This happens all the time. It is very frustrating.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#20 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

I cannot sign on for many hours of the day because the server cannot support more than 300 players, I get disconnected routinely when more than 250 people are online. Purchase a better server, Id even be willing to pay monthly for that. Fix this.

This has nothing to do with the server I'm affraid. This is just the bugs in the old version :(

It's not the entire problem, but a big part of it. There's been ZERO substantive changes since the new "staff" was announced. Zero. 

This site will only worsen as more problems arise. Very disturbing.  . . 

Well.. I don't know on which you base this, but it's not really true ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users