Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Rumour has it the Worldchampion (Teams) will play The Darth this year still. Still 4 full months of opportunities :D :lol: :o :o :o B) :rolleyes: B) :rolleyes: :P

Lo

#23 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hmm...

Max, let me know your availability.

• Lonello likes this

#24 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hello DR!

Although it is not organised by the tournament committee, would you like to play a friendly game to battle out the 3th place? I would enjoy to.

Hope to hear from you,

Max

There is still a lot of rumour around Christmas eve for this game. Unsure where that comes from but fact is DSpy is still closing the bets.

Lo

#25 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:28 AM

Hmm… Christmas Eve is the anniversary of something important.  Or something that used to be important.  It’s at least something fun to remember.   :)

• Lonello likes this

#26 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

Those remained just rumours. I was there partly on the evening to witness it NOT. But ofcourse there are new rumours now... :rolleyes:

Lo

#27 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

... i thought this game was planned for 2018 ... am I wrong?⏳⏳⏳⏳... just be patient

Two years ago there was this prediction as a joke but now it looks that it has but chance to be true!

#28 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,447 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

Two years ago there was this prediction as a joke but now it looks that it has but chance to be true!

... lol! :D  ... stratego is a game of guess and predictions .... very serious and no joke  :D  .... everybody was wondering about the absence of Darthremark .... but it looks like it is more the absence of Maxroelofs that is most perceivable now .... hey Max where are you? ... Any of his dutch friends can contact him?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#29 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

... lol! :D  ... stratego is a game of guess and predictions .... very serious and no joke  :D  .... everybody was wondering about the absence of Darthremark .... but it looks like it is more the absence of Maxroelofs that is most perceivable now .... hey Max where are you? ... Any of his dutch friends can contact him?

Max was online today and yesterday. 

Proud Committee Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#30 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Those remained just rumours. I was there partly on the evening to witness it NOT. But ofcourse there are new rumours now... :rolleyes:

You know I signed on last night around 11pm eastern time wondering if by chance you would be there. :)   As I recall it was about that time when we cooked up the idea.  Last night was the 17th anniversary. 

• Lonello likes this

#31 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Let's play the game! When can you play it?

• Fairway and texaspete09 like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#32 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

Unfortunately, this may have to wait until 2018 after all, so Napoleon might be clairvoyant.  ;)

I'm off from work the next few days for the holiday, but am very busy. At this point it looks like the weekend of January 13th will be the next flexible scheduling window for me.  I'll let you know if it's good as we get closer. 

#33 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

a tournament was held in which a contest of considerable importance to the tournament (it was for 3rd place) was never played because it was reported that each of the contestants thought the other smelled like a pig, or something. The exact details of the non-played game are sadly lost to history. All we really know is that the now infamous contest failed to locate an agreeable battlefield in the spacetime continuum in which to wage their mighty battle, and when DSpy turned off the betting it seemed as if the final epitaph had been written on our poor game.

Much continued to be discussed about the missing match for the next weeks and months. Then the memory faded. It was the fall of 2014, over three years ago.

Fast forward to today. The hoopla is back! The competitors for the long lost match have finally agreed to meet on the 3rd rock from the sun in the current realm at a soon date and time it is being reported.

The tournament is long closed and prizes awarded. But the peanut gallery is once again active and banging the drums for an on-the-field result of this longest-awaited match in history. Sure it will only be for closure but maybe DSpy or someone else can even open up the betting.... :D
  • Moghedien likes this

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#34 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

battle out the 3th place?

I don't think anybody even remembers what tourney this ever was, Gary, or whoever actually won it. But that does no longer matter. This game will always be THE tournamentgame on this site... whoever wins this will truly gain eternal honor :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: B) :rolleyes: :lol:  :D.

Lo

#35 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 870 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:19 AM

Can someone briefly explain to me the whole point of this topic? Which tournament does this 3rd place refer to and why did the game not take place at the time of the tournament?

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#36 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

As I said, nobody has a clue I think but that does no longer matter... we're way passed those questions now... this game has turned into a Legend by itself, it's great Greek rhetorical philosophy :o :lol: :D

• Moghedien and Major Nelson like this
Lo

#37 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,853 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

Can someone briefly explain to me the whole point of this topic? Which tournament does this 3rd place refer to and why did the game not take place at the time of the tournament?

http://forum.strateg...c-hall-of-fame/

Autumn Tournament 2014 - The 3rd place play-off was 'never' played

• GaryLShelton and Major Nelson like this

#38 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:54 AM

http://forum.strateg...c-hall-of-fame/

Autumn Tournament 2014 - The 3rd place play-off was 'never' played

It's really hard to believe it's been this long...

I don't think anybody even remembers what tourney this ever was, Gary, or whoever actually won it. But that does no longer matter. This game will always be THE tournamentgame on this site... whoever wins this will truly gain eternal honor :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: B) :rolleyes: :lol:  :D.

Surely it can't be that famous.   :) 

#39 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,447 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

Hey both,

If none of you proposes a date it looks like it will be postponed again. What about january 1st, 2018 19:00 gmt? If not ok please make a counterproposal.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#40 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

Read up, Napoleon:

but am very busy. At this point it looks like the weekend of January 13th will be the next flexible scheduling window for me. 

But what you're really trying to plea here is PLEASE play in 2018 for your prediction will come true then.

I say relax. It's a full year. No need to be that desperate to start from Jan 1st on scheduling.

Any more bets going? 2019 is odds 1:1000 now so that looks Bitcoiny...

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users