Jens14

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Sometimes I play on my laptop and it can't seem to handle the graphics very well.

First problem is the animation when a piece gets attacked and destroyed. When I play on my laptop by the time the animation is over I only have 4 seconds left to move before the buffer kicks in which brings me to the next problem.

The second problem is that I often cant seem to move my pieces. Sometimes it takes like 30 times moving the piece before it actually does.

So a typical situation is that the oponnent takes a piece of me and then I have 3-4 seconds untill the buffer. Then I can't move the piece I want to move I want to only after 40 times of trying.

One time I had my piece next to the oponnent's flag and all I had to do is take it but I couldn't because of the problem described above and I lost the match because the time ran out...

So please develop options to low the graphics so it's more playable on less powerful machines.

#2 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I think this has nothing to do with the strength of your computer/laptop.
I've experienced this bug as well (and I'm certain that's not the fault of my pc) and it's a glitch in the betasoftware.
They're working on it but right now,...the game isn't bugproof yet..............unfortunately :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#3 Jens14

Jens14

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well the animation is because of the intensive graphics. I can only move after it's over. It takes 10-15 seconds off my move time.

#4 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I had suggested on one of my first posts on here, they should offer players who are having issues with the graphics to have a 2-D mode. Just have the original looking pieces from the game like they had on another site this one took over. This might help people with computer issues or when this site is lagging.
  • varishnakov likes this

#5 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yes, I actually liked the other graphics a lot more. They had a better aesthetic appeal.

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#6 Hardstyle

Hardstyle

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

I actually experience a lot of trouble with internet connexion because of the lenght of the game. When I'm at work, the connexion works very well and I got no trouble at all playing (but I ain't that much time for it :P ) but at my home the connexion is very low. So 50% of the time I just can't load the game, and when I can, I usually just been defeat because of the buffer running while I can't barely move. Sometimes I just get defeated without any reasons. I'm pretty sure it's all about the connexion because it's the same laptop I use at work and at home, but a low connexion can handle such an heavy game. A low version would be really appreciate for me, with bad graphic, bad animations and so on, ...

My only way to play without loosing my ranking is to have some "fun" accounts where I play with hope to make some good games.

#7 Jens14

Jens14

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Still hoping this options will be added. The graphics are nice and all but not really necessary. Would be good to have the option to turn it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users