Photo

clean up the forum

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: clean up the forum (1 member(s) have cast votes)

should the forum be cleaned up

1. yes, clean up the forum, new topics can only be created by moderators (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. yes, clean up this mess and restrict creation of new topics to moderators only (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

I haven't been active on the forum for a while because it's becoming one big mess. There are many topics that are double, a lot of redundancy. It would be nice to see the people behind this website taking the initiative to clean up this site and restrict the creation of new topics only to moderators. Furthermore it would be nice to know if there is any plan to remove the last bugs and planned improvements.

For the tournaments, could there be a separate forum and easy way to keep scores?

All in favor?

Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#2 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

I haven't been active on the forum for a while because it's becoming one big mess. There are many topics that are double, a lot of redundancy. It would be nice to see the people behind this website taking the initiative to clean up this site and restrict the creation of new topics only to moderators. Furthermore it would be nice to know if there is any plan to remove the last bugs and planned improvements.

For the tournaments, could there be a separate forum and easy way to keep scores?

All in favor?

I do NOT approve, and the option to vote for a No is missing. It's like you want to dictate this change, which is even worse than your so called 'mess' here. I am in favor of freedom of speech and thus freedom of creation of topics by anyone, but moderators should check and adjust everything to make it cleaner. An option to approve a topic before becoming public would be best.

But if I gotta choose, I vote NO, everyone is allowed to create or propose topics. Let that be clear.

I hereby ask everyone to not actually vote on this dictating poll since it does not make sense.

A separate forum for tournament or a system suitable for that would be a good idea though.

#3 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

Everything has to be renewed on Stratego.com, this includes the forum..

It's one big joke for over 2 years now.

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#4 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

I thought the point of a forum was to allow people to ask questions?

I know when I first joined the site and finally found the forum, I asked a few.  Why restrict new members from asking for information or help or offering suggestions. 

Forum is fine IMO - perhaps too many pinned topics but that's a very minor thing.

• vegas and Mr. Smith like this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#5 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

I agree with the clean up of the redundancy. Indeed there is much cluttering now.

I would be very much against restricting the creation of new topics only to moderators. Why on earth would you want that? But it does seem nice to have another subject for tournaments, and have a revision of the subjects alltogether as we start now with one that hasn't been used since Feb 14. And App discussion seems another sentence for Greek community :blink:

Lo

#6 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

what I mean with restricting the creation of new topics to moderators, is that there should be a moderator who checks if a newly created topic isn't already raised somewhere else and if so, delete the redundant one.

Anyway, my post was not very serious, the poll was more a statement than actually asking for votes. The fact that I was able to create such a poll in itself already shows this forum is a mess.

Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#7 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

what I mean with restricting the creation of new topics to moderators, is that there should be a moderator who checks if a newly created topic isn't already raised somewhere else and if so, delete the redundant one.

Anyway, my post was not very serious, the poll was more a statement than actually asking for votes. The fact that I was able to create such a poll in itself already shows this forum is a mess.

I do agree on this one  :)

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

First of all, King Tubby, where's you icon?  You're merely a scout today.  

Somewhere in the deep recesses of this forum I brought up this same idea to have the moderators approve every thread.  Just like it says now for some of the ones that are posted here, though for some reason not all.  I believe it's the Bugs submissions that give the message that moderator approval is needed.  I don't know if anyone ever looks, though, they are always approved without comment as far as I can tell.  

Honestly, though, matching threads up manually would be a dauntingly impossible task.  There are so many threads out there that, although it might be possible to keep things on point, perhaps, it would be impossible to gather up all the pertinent comments to any conversation with perfect organization.  So many contributions here are old and forgotten, even good ones.  

I don't know what the answer is myself.  Maybe we could just do what Maestro suggested many months back.  Start the forums over with a different organization. 

His large post is here:  http://forum.strateg...ter/#entry10500

Whether we start over exactly as he has suggested, we would need to have a more active moderation to keep the topics all clean and on point, I think. 

Gary

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#9 vegas

vegas

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

NO.

#10 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

I think that new topics should be moderated so that topics that are 'inflammatory' should be flagged, but that genuine questions, or polite requests should be allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users