varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

There are strategies abusers use involving the pause and the draw button.

I think this stratego site should take a page from the chess sites to fix this. First of all, the pause button should be removed completely. Your opponent gets 5 minutes of buffer time. If he needs to feed the cat or go to the restroom, he should be able to do that in less than 5 minutes. And if he can't, he should lose the game.
The next problem is of abusing the draw button. In chess sites when a player requests a draw, the draw button just flashes and a voice says "Draw" so the players know a draw has been requested. There should be a decline draw button already on the interface so that can be pressed, OR simply playing your next move would serve as a declination of the offered draw. This double-sensory draw offer would get the attention of the player being offered the draw without impeding the ability to continue playing the game.
Clicking the draw button when it is already highlighted would serve as an acceptance of the draw.

I believe swift changes are necessary for the site to be truly usable. Thanks for hearing my thoughts on it. :)

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users