Vert3xx

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't find where I disable the fact that I'm receiving emails everytime someone sends me a friendrequest.

I've sent a mail regarding this to the customer support, because I'd rather not receive any mails.

I'm an active player, but the fact that this cannot be disabled can be considered a security hole regarding the privacy of users.

Malicious users can use this as an opportunity to spam others by sending friend requests.

I actually just want to stop receiving mails :P

#2 Vert3xx

Vert3xx

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

I've changed the notification settings on the forum account, but I don't know if this applies to the ingame friend notifications. I'll have to wait and see.

#3 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

I've changed the notification settings on the forum account, but I don't know if this applies to the ingame friend notifications. I'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think you may want to create an account with an email you don't use, because I don't think there is a fix for this issue yet. I also emailed customer support about this, that's what they said.

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't find where I disable the fact that I'm receiving emails everytime someone sends me a friendrequest.

I actually just want to stop receiving mails :P

This is so odd. I was just looking at my settings wondering how to do this myself yesterday. I didn't see the option either. I'm not sure I'd call it any kind of security threat, but it is a nuisance.

I wouldn't mind the occasional friend request after a good game with someone. I often time want to visit with the person about the game. But usually, at least for me, 90% of these friend request emails I receive are from people I have never heard of. I wonder if anyone else has had that problem also.

Gary

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#5 cflag

cflag

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

Gary i also have friend request emails from unknown people.

#6 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

Vert3xx

Did you try to toggle off your notifications for friend request in your settings?

Napoleon 1er
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users