TheeeMarshall

Spy

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

After being on the wrong side of this now a few times, i realize that a massive problem with Stratego.com is that there doesn't seem to be anyone acting as a moderator or administrator online at all times to settle disputes.

On more than one occassion, i have had an idiot player (after he/she is clearly at a disadvantage or down critical pieces) decide to start chasing me or as long as it takes. I have held firm and not given into the chase and so all of a sudden i'm playing a game for over an hour.

Websites like metaforge.net ALWAYS have a moderator to come into your game and if this BS is taking place, will just end the game and give the chaser the loss.

Now with that said, maybe Stratego.com doesn't care about chasing and if so, then i'm not going to waste my time. This site is awesome and from what i can tell a ton of good players, but the idiots who claim if you get in a chase you should just give your piece up...its just dumb, and in my eyes it needs to be fixed.

I sent an email through the feedback link when this first happened, and i was surprised by the response i got indicating it wasn't that important.

Anyone else have an issue with chasers, chime in...

#2 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm not a moderator, but from what I know it's being addressed. It is still in beta mode, and there are several topics about chasing on this forum already. There is a topic about implementing code to prevent chasing. I know that nothing is more frustrating than having someone take advantage of the system like that.
Nice win against me yesterday btw. :)

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#3 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

If you look on this forum, you'll find an anti-chase topic where lots of players have said their vision on chasing.
Suggestions have been made (including me) on how to solve this annoying issue.
It's been going on for a few months and at the end of december a moderator here told me that they would change the chase-rule. But this hasn't been the case so far.
Right now, the site follows the ISF regulation about chasing with the 3s-rule.
The problem is that this rule is debatable (you'll find it as well on this forum) because it stimulates fullbind-chasing although the rule claims to be an anti-chase-rule.
Lots of words have been said about this topic so we better wait and see.
The priority for the site should first be to fix the bugs and the glitches in the current Stratego-versions.

Untill that time,....learn how to exploit the 3s-rule :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#4 Enigma

Enigma

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

I completely agree with ThreeMarshall. Fixing this problem should be top priority. I've already fallen victim to chasing/stalling/cheating several times, and it makes me not want to play. A software fix would be great, but I think moderators should be there as well.

#5 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

I didnt have this problem until my rank got up to bronze major.  All of a sudden, once I was paired against players who could actually hang in there for awhile, I started running into the chasers who demand to be let off the hook for their atrocious play.  This now happens to me about 1 time in every 3-4 games.  Major problem at this level of play.

#6 M-D

M-D

Game Developer

• Administrators
  • 124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

We're currently looking for suggestions to solving this problem in this thread.

If you have any, please post them there :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users