bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

I know disconnects seems to be a big problem with Stratego. I was wondering if there was anyway one could prove their loss was a disconnect, and so recover their points. It seems there is a way to prove a draw refusal, does anyone have any ideas of a way to prove a disconnect?

My only concern is that I'm sure some people could possibly force a disconnect somehow on themselves, and then report it, hoping to avoid a loss.

Perhaps there may be a limit to the amount of dc cases one can submit.

Anyone have any ideas?

I know there is a screen that says "you lost the game" or something like that which shows up on the homescreen sometimes after a dc. Could that be screen shotted as sufficient proof?

#2 RogueMonk

RogueMonk

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

I was about to post a similar question. Is there anything that can be done to help minimize disconnects. I lost four games in a row this afternoon because I kept disconnecting. Any advice. Thanks.

• bmende likes this

#3 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

I was about to post a similar question. Is there anything that can be done to help minimize disconnects. I lost four games in a row this afternoon because I kept disconnecting. Any advice. Thanks.

i heard you can actually  minimize these disconnects by installing adblock and using google chrome

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

You might have an unstable internet connection. If so, then changing your router/modem would fix the issue, unless your provider is just stinky. Are you playing on a desktop or another device? Are you using chrome? Are you a Mac or PC? What operating system?

I'm no computer person but anyone who is will likely be asking for this info.

Gary

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

I know there is a screen that says "you lost the game" or something like that which shows up on the homescreen sometimes after a dc. Could that be screen shotted as sufficient proof?

Bmende, I've never disconnected on purpose. I suspect that when one does he is just "X"-ing out of the whole screen and website, right? If true, then certainly won't have any thing to show. But I wonder what you say. Is it true that an accidental disconnect would have this defeat banner proof? I think of the times I've been disconnected on my tablet and I have gotten nothing. Zilch. It just freezes and I get the question, "Stratego has stopped responding. Do you wish to wait, report, or stop it?"

It is always a done deal at that question. The game is terminated. You can't wait it through. And there is no defeat banner when I finally choose 'stop'.

Maybe what you are saying only applies to desktop users?

Gary

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#6 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

Bmende, I've never disconnected on purpose. I suspect that when one does he is just "X"-ing out of the whole screen and website, right? If true, then certainly won't have any thing to show. But I wonder what you say. Is it true that an accidental disconnect would have this defeat banner proof? I think of the times I've been disconnected on my tablet and I have gotten nothing. Zilch. It just freezes and I get the question, "Stratego has stopped responding. Do you wish to wait, report, or stop it?"

It is always a done deal at that question. The game is terminated. You can't wait it through. And there is no defeat banner when I finally choose 'stop'.

Maybe what you are saying only applies to desktop users?

Gary

I've seen it (desktop). It's been a while though and it might be inconsistent. Not sure/don't remember if it signifies the game never occurred or if a server dc happened mid game. 

#7 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

On another site, at least one player used to abuse with "I got disconnected, can we delete the game please".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users