#21 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,926 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Please let me know if I understood your question and if this the answer to it.

So we have this fictional situation. Maestro, NDJ and Papillon all have the same amount of points in the final ranking. Papillon beat NDJ as well as Maestro....then it is clear Papillon is #1. Then it comes to Maestro vs NDJ. Now you said Maestro lost both his games, implying Maestro lost to NDJ as well....then it is clear as well isn´t: NDJ won the head to head so he is #2.

The point is when 3 players are tied for the 2nd place in a division but player a lost against b and c, c won against a and b and b won against a and lost against c then in this case they will be ranked 2nd (and promoted) c, 3rd b and 4th a ... even if a won against the higest ranked (number 1) in the division while b and c lost against him?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#22 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

correct, it is about the head to head results. See also here in The Bomb

#23 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

if i only lose from nortrom,and nortrom wins the rest of his games. nortrom is the winner?

#24 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

If you both have the same amount of points (at the end) then the winner of Satan vs Nortrom will be #1....so we are all looking forward to that match, needless toosay it is scheduled as the last match in the tournament.....very exciting!

#25 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

The exact rules of how many people will be in a Mid Year Division will be finetuned soon, but the result will be that no more than (theoretically)14 people will play in a division.

For updated info on how/where to enter the Mid Year Divisions through Spring Double Elimination Open Tournament results please check here

#26 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

I have a question for nortrom.

If the score was like this on the dutch championchip, i would have been the winner,right?

Because the buch points from our game would have been declined?

#27 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,447 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

I would think Buch points would have to be equal, since both of you will have played against exactly the same set of opponents.

#28 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 801 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

The prof is right.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#29 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

ok, that would make sense

#30 §ilence321

§ilence321

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

hello stratego community

I'm back from a long trip and am trying to get back into stratego, I was just wondering if there were any joinable tournaments I could join at the moment because i heard about this spring tournament but I think it passed. Anyway just wondering :)

Regards

-§ilence

Posted Image

#31 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

hello stratego community

I'm back from a long trip and am trying to get back into stratego, I was just wondering if there were any joinable tournaments I could join at the moment because i heard about this spring tournament but I think it passed. Anyway just wondering :)

Regards

-§ilence

Hi Silence321, I remember your name here. How long have you been gone?

Your question today is best answered by going to the following thread, I think:
http://forum.strateg...15-who-and-how/

and reading up, or visiting the Divisions Questions thread that will also be of interest. To be a bit more organized this second thread is where I am moving this post of yours and my response. Good luck. This is only a start. You'll want to catch up with newer tournament material after digesting all of this.

As you observed, you have unfortunately just missed the signups for the Spring tournament.

Gary
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#32 §ilence321

§ilence321

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

Hi Silence321, I remember your name here. How long have you been gone?

Your question today is best answered by going to the following thread, I think:
http://forum.strateg...15-who-and-how/

and reading up, or visiting the Divisions Questions thread that will also be of interest. To be a bit more organized this second thread is where I am moving this post of yours and my response. Good luck. This is only a start. You'll want to catch up with newer tournament material after digesting all of this.

As you observed, you have unfortunately just missed the signups for the Spring tournament.

Gary

thank you for your suggestions i'll be checking them out on my free time. You asked how long have I been gone well i'd say about 5 to 6 months. I'm slowly getting back into the game and I must say I am losing more than I'm winning at the moment, I guess I just need a little practice :/

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users