The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:58 PM

In 17 games that have given the Greek players (with opponents players from other countries)
that participate in Division 1, unfortunately they count only 1 win(zografos) and 1 draw(Aris1970).
It is a negative record and we all wish be reversed in the next games and come victories for Greek players. :(

W    L     D 

Zografos               1  -  4  -  0                 

Aris1970                0  -  5  -  1

KARAISKAKIS       0  -  6  -  0 

TOTAL       1  - 15  -  1     

Division 1 is difficult.

The Prof  (former last place member of Division 1)  :)

• Lonello and Aris1970 like this

#242 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

@D-Spy.....I disagree ..........I see only successes !!!
2 Greek players participated in D1- Years End 2014 Division Tournament
Aris1970 & zoografos ( is ok?)

(2014) ............ 2 Greek players !!!
this year (2015) ............ 5 Greek players !!!   (100%)
               (2016) ............12 Greek players !!!  (simple math ... ;) )

I 'm sure (100%) that 5 Greek players will be participating in Division1 for 2015 (D_Spy .... I bet ;) )

no joke .... it will be a success for Greek players !

#243 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

I think gpeto will get to D1, the amount of other players depends on it.

Right now Karaiskakis, Zoografos and Aris are still in the danger zone (just like me), so they will have to fight to stay there.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#244 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Well, Gpet0 will play the Backstabber tourney so hold your breath, it's the Mod Squad!!! :)

• Kernel Mustard likes this
Lo

#245 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

I wish to participate and 10 Greek players but this does not change the above results.
In the next games I believe we will have success.
Last year has been better result for the Greek players.

#246 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

@D-Spy ;)

#247 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

All you know the cases of DEATHHAMMER & Maxroelofs are disqualified / withdraws from D4 & D1  (the Final Stage (after week 6)
Two different decisions by the TC  !!! Why ???

1.  Since DEATHHAMMER did not respond we take him out of competition: his will forfeit his remaining matches, his other results remain intact, but he will end last in this Division and gets 0 TRP's.

2 .  The Maestro, on 07 Jun 2015 - 3:50 PM, said:
TC has spoken at length with maxroelofs and it is clear he has a lot going on, so we accept his resignation and hope to see him back in the future, as he is one of the bright young stars / talents in this game, but clearly needs some rest now. His results will be nullified and the Fair Play schedule will be adjusted. 

@ TC

If I decide to resign from the D1 tournament then my results remain intact or will be nullified ???
Let me know your decision

P.s. I am prepared to do this so as me have a clear answer

#248 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

All you know the cases of DEATHHAMMER & Maxroelofs are disqualified / withdraws from D4 & D1  (the Final Stage (after week 6)
Two different decisions by the TC  !!! Why ???

1.  Since DEATHHAMMER did not respond we take him out of competition: his will forfeit his remaining matches, his other results remain intact, but he will end last in this Division and gets 0 TRP's.

2 .  The Maestro, on 07 Jun 2015 - 3:50 PM, said:
TC has spoken at length with maxroelofs and it is clear he has a lot going on, so we accept his resignation and hope to see him back in the future, as he is one of the bright young stars / talents in this game, but clearly needs some rest now. His results will be nullified and the Fair Play schedule will be adjusted. 

@ TC

If I decide to resign from the D1 tournament then my results remain intact or will be nullified ???
Let me know your decision

P.s. I am prepared to do this so as me have a clear answer

I would like my results will be nullified so as helping of my friends Zoografos & KARAISKAKIS will be benefited because I defeated zoografos & KARAISKAKIS) :D

unfortunately..... the rules are not serious  !!!

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#249 Desert Oasis

Desert Oasis

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

Aris has a point. There should be consistency. I had a win against maxroelofs, which was removed.
  • Dekaeneas-Spy and Aris1970 like this

#250 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

Aris has a point. There should be consistency. I had a win against maxroelofs, which was removed.

and .....I had a win against maxroelofs, which was removed. 

#251 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

and....SymmeTric had a win against DEATHHAMMER which was not removed 

and ....Leppie  had a  loss against DEATHHAMMER which was not removed 

#252 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

It can influence the results quite a bit...

But, what other options are there other than nullifying? All other players get free wins? Other players don't have a chance to play the player?

What happens when you have a player who has played 9 out of the 10 players, and then just leaves the site at the very end. Do all of his prior games get nullified?

#253 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • 1,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:24 AM

There's not really a good option here:  Nullifying is not fair to the players who beat the player who resigns, and neither is giving free wins to opponents he hasn't yet played.

I would suggest another approach, a mathematical one, and that is to give points according the probability of winning the game, which would be calculated based on the win/loss record of the player who is resigning and the win/loss record of his unplayed opponents against common opponents.  Thus, the number of points given to the unplayed opponents for these games would be a number between 1.0 and 6.0 (for example, it could be 4.5) depending on the statistics of the players involved.  If the TC is interested in such an approach, I would be happy to come up with a fair formula.

#254 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

To start - I don't really care.  I like that we have tournaments and accept that decisions are made by people volunteering their time and doing their best to run a good tournament.

Seems to me that D4 and D1 are two different divisions.  I expect that the players in D1 may be more serious about the game.  So it doesn't bother me at all that there would be a different approach to D1.  I'd also point out that it appears that one player responded and communicated with the TC and one did not. 

In D3 we had two people quit.  I wasn't happy as I expected to win both games but that's the way it goes.

It gets really tiring for me to read all the nonsense complaining about every little thing relating to these tournaments.  I can only imagine that the people VOLUNTEERING THEIR TIME AND EFFORT also get sick and tired of the complaints.

Prof - then why play the games at all?  The whole purpose of the tournament is to decide things on the battlefield.  Mathematical formulas don't take the place of that.  The TC made their decision in each case - its done - win your games and its all irrelevant!

• NTactical-Reboot likes this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#255 Desert Oasis

Desert Oasis

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

I would like to know the reasoning behind the two different decisions, when both cases seem to be the same. and what we should expect in future instances.

I enjoy taking the game seriously.

#256 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:33 AM

The crucial distinction in the DEATHHAMMER case is that forfeiting his three remaining matches had absolutely no bearing on the standings as his remaining opponents were  the bottom three in the division. (It did place chefwd76 level on points with morias, with morias prevailing in the division standings on head to head record) Where this is the case, TC finds forfeiting the remaining matches a more preferable option than nullifying.

When both forfeiting and nullifying will have an impact on the standings then the decision is more difficult. If TC were to state an exact process for this then Aris1970 (in the example above) or anyone else could work out whether their withdrawal could benefit or hinder other members of the division. Each case must be considered in the light of what is fairest for the division, as best judged by TC.

#257 Desert Oasis

Desert Oasis

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

Well the Death Hammer decision makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

#258 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

If Aris leaves/has his results nullified, I might still have a shot at #1 result :) ( lol )

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#259 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Η επιτυχία του τουρνουά δεν εξαρτάται από την οργανωτική επιτροπή αλλά από όλους τους συμμετέχοντες !!!

#260 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

That saves you from degradation I think, KingTubby?! So well done and see you back in D1!

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users