papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

Desert Oasis and Kernel Mustard both beat legendary players to reach the Premier Bracket Finals!!!

USA, USA, USA !!!   :D

Add some other easy-to-name USA studs and it looks like the makings for a pretty menacing looking WC team...

#222 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

Add some other easy-to-name USA studs and it looks like the makings for a pretty menacing looking WC team...

I'd love to see the top 5 American players there.  If I were wealthy I'd put up the money to sponsor their trips.

#223 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

SATAN-NL wins Spring 2015 Double Elimination Open Tournament

Congratulations to SATAN-NL on winning the Spring 2015 Double Elimination Open Tournament. In the finals he faced Premier Bracket winner Kernel Mustard. Eventhough Kernel defeated SATAN-NL earlier in the tournament yesterday things went quite differently.

Their first match yesterday ended,  after a long battle, with a victory for SATAN-NL. Both players decided to play the deciding match immediately after that and once again SATAN-NL won.

Kernel Mustard did a great job though getting to the finals in this exciting tournament that also saw some great results by participants making their tournament debuts.

We want to thank all the participants in this great tournament and hope to see many of you in the Mid Year Divisions

The Final Results of the Tournament:

Brackets (Final Score)

Tournament Ranking Points (TRP's) 

• Hielco and cflag like this

#224 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Start Mid Year 2015 Divisions Tournament

We are happy to announce that the registration for the Mid Year 2015 Divisions is going very well. Division 2 is doing so well that we opened the posting topic for D2 today, which means participants can start arranging games and even start playing games. We intend to open the other divisions as soon as possible.

For the newcomers to the divisions system (and the others that just like a reminder) you can play as many games as you want on a day or per week, the more the better! Please add the other players in your Division  to your in-game friendlist.

It is very important to keep in mind that this is a tournament that participants enter because they love stratego and like to have a fun time. So please keep things friendly and nice. No need to be be too fanatical as losing a game (or two) is part of being in a tournament. Also try to be as flexible as possible when it comes to offering timeslots and arranging games. Delaying or disrupting the schedule is not appreciated.

If you know you will have less availability during a certain week/period please let us know and we will try to get you some extra matches in before your blocked off period starts.

We wish you all a great time, with some great matches and lots of fun. 

#225 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

SATAN-NL  congratulations !!! 
is Grand Stratego Master 2014 !!!

@TC
Congratulations !!! 
We all recognize that you have done a exellent job organizing of Divisions !!!

again  ;)

SATAN-NL  congratulations !!! 

@TC
Congratulations !!! 
We all recognize that you have done a exellent job organizing of Spring 2015 Double Elimination Open Tournament !!!

• SEKERTZISS and Hielco like this

#226 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

****Important noticifactions Divisions**** 

D1 and D2 signup closed

Signup for Divisions 1 and 2 have closed so the participants-lists for these two Divisions are now final. The first game(s) for D1 are arranged. D2 has already seen some action!

D3 and D4 signup still open, but only a few more participants will be accepted

Division 3 has already started with some games and D4 is almost ready to start. There is room for a few more players . The first invited players that will post their acceptation in the signup thread will be allowed in based on the amount we are still looking for (which can be found here) and we will then close sign up and finalize the participants-list.  

Scoring TRPs (no promotion/degradation)

The Mid Year Divisions Tournament is about scoring as many Tournament Ranking Points (TRPs) as possiible which will count toward the total TRPs each player scores in 2015. Based of that total 2015 TRP score the invitations for the year End Divisions (Masters 2015) will be decided. So there will be no Promotion or Degradation now, but the higher you end in your Division the more TRP's you will score, so every match counts! 

The exact amounts of TRP's that can be won in each divisions will be published as soon as sign-up for all Divisions has closed.

Ties in Division Final ranking
In case participants in a division end up with the exact same amount of points as other participant(s) in their Division (ties) this is how we will determine which player ends ahead of the other(s).

Ties in the final standings will be decided:

1. First by the head to head result. So winner of the Division game they played versus eachother gets the nod.
2. If that game was a draw it comes down to whom they beat to score their wins (or if that won't get a decision who they drew with). If a player beat #1 in the final ranking they get 12 points, #2 11 points etc.
3. If they still end up the same there will be an extra match between the two.

In case there are 3 or more players tied the same criteria apply. When the head to head won’t bring a solution, the “points” scored (mentioned under 2 above) hopefully will. If 2 of the participants then still end up equally it is back to their head to head result. After that we go to play-offs (see 3.)

• cflag likes this

#227 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

****All Divisions Ready**** 

Signup for all Divisions has closed so all participants are known.

These TRP's can be won:

grZAHXA.jpg

The Results of all Divisions can be found here

#228 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

i show my pieces np that paraniod of not showing anyting i hope i break that and more top players woud show it 

dutch

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#229 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

Τriumph for Greek participants in Division 1 because after 10 consecutive defeats broke the jinx and the first victory came.

We hope the Greek players to succeed and other victories order to avoid the worst :(.

Congratulations Ζografos

#230 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

Τriumph for Greek participants in Division 1 because after 10 consecutive defeats broke the jinx and the first victory came.

We hope the Greek players to succeed and other victories order to avoid the worst :(.

Congratulations Ζografos

big jinx !!!
a virus !!! ..... during my game against Kernel Mustarda ...... unexplainable !!!

Do you know.....what is the name of the new virus???

Dekaeneas_-Spy :rolleyes:  :o  :lol:  :D  :rolleyes: 

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#231 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

Dear guys,

Before my game against The Prof yesterday in Division 2 he asked me if he was allowed to video our game. I agreed.

After the game I posted in D2: 'Prof and I are finished. The Prof will post a video soon.

It seemed more fun to The Prof and me not telling the result, because he soon (in a few hours) would place this video.

The Maestro edited my post WITHOUT my permission, putting words in my mouth I did not say and told the result. After hiding my post he edited my first post again so now you will see ....

When I posted in D2 that he did this, he deleted this post. I said I find it very NOT DONE to edit MY personal post and that he has to know this as a lawman. And that I don't care if I end up first of last in D2, only fun is important.

Maybe Maestro has no rights in this particular part of the forum to hide and change everything what does not fit in his way of thinking.

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#232 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

NEWSFLASH

NEW TOURNAMENT in JUNE: Start making teams!

Since many players have played (almost) all their Division games TC gives you the chance of joining a special, first time EVER tournament with unique rules, never seen before. TC presents to you: The Team Tournament aka Backstabbers Tournament

This Tournament will be played in teams of 4 players, each headed by a team captain.

The concept is this. You start in a team of 4 players and your team will meet another team of 4 players in the first round. Each teamplayer plays one game. The total points scored by each team will decide who wins (and yes we have rules when it ends in a tie…don’t worry). In Round 2 the winning teams of 4 will meet the losing teams of 4 (but not the same they played in the first round). Again each teamplayer plays one game.

After Round 2, the scores of each team over 2 rounds are added to get the total team score and the best 2 scoring teams (in case we have 4 teams participating) or 4 teams (when 8 teams enter)  go to Round 3.

In Round 3 the winning teams are being split into 2 duo’s each and the former teammates play eacher 2 vs 2. So beware who you pick in your team of 4 because if your team makes it to Round 3 you will have them to face them yourself: those Backstabbers.

In Round 4 the winning duo’s meet eachother (there will be an extra 2 vs 2 Round 5 if we have 8 teams entering the tournament)

Then the winning team meets one vs one in the finals.  

So start finding team members and register. Once the team is complete feel free to pick a team name that really fits. 

All team matches (4vs4 and 2v2) will be played at the SAME time, with the 4v4 being scheduled for 2  Sundays in a row (preferred starting time 15.00 GMT). There is some room for a slight change in time but you will find that in the rules.

VERY IMPORTANT: You are all free to join but TC will not accept players that are (far) behind when it comes to their Division games. Also Division schedule/games will prevail. So if you already have limited time to get your Division games in, don’t join. We will take you out of the backstabbers tournament (no subs allowed for your team) if you don’t fulfill the Divisions tournament schedule (Fair play list), so please take that into consideration to prevent disappointment for you and your team. 

#233 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

Example of 4 teams participating:

nIMS1SG.jpg

#234 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

Τhe big Greek derby of Division 1 ended with big winner ARIS (as last year).

Aris Congratulations on your first victory after four unsuccessful results.

• Aris1970 likes this

#235 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

****Backstabbers Update: First teams are in!****

The Team Tournament aka Backstabbers Tournament is creating a lot of buzz; people are PM-ing others left and right to see if they are interested in joining their team and discussing who else they might need in their team.

The first teams have now entered.

Kernel Mustard joined forces with Constrictor (so that is 2 players in one team that have passed the magic 1000 ELO), scottrussia and Barbe Noire. This seems to be a very balanced team and a early favorite.

Our own Bonnie and Clyde (SymmeTric and NTactical-Reboot) joined forces with sevenseas and thought it would be a smart (N)tactical move to add The Maestro to their team....well we will see about that.

Rumours of negotiations about the formation of other teams are coming to us more and more so watch your PM box for invitations and already decide what your marketvalue/sellingprice is ;).

But don't be passive and just sit and wait, because you could miss all the fun.

Players of ALL levels are needed for teams so don't be shy to enter. You can do so by sending some PMs to others and make a complete team and THEN register (as a complete team) or you can already register as a single and put yourself on the list. That way teams looking for 1 or 2 more players can contact you.

Our advise is to put yourself on the list as a single as the last days showed it works very well.

IMPORTANT: only the 2 Rounds of 4 vs 4 matches will be on Sundays for sure. The 2 vs 2 matches can be played at ANY day / time (so a lot of flexability) as long as all 4 participants agree and the 2 individual matches start at the same time!

For (more) questions you can visit the Questions topic

Once we are full we are full so hurry up and register now. 

#236 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

****IMPORTANT NOTIFICATIONS****

Schedule Divisions

The Divisions have entered the next stage of this exciting competition: the last rounds of matches. This means TC will now weekly publish a list of games that have to be played in a certain timespan (for fair play purposes) . Very important: other games can be played as well but the ones on the list must be played.  

We have decided that no extra rules will be added at this moment. So keep arranging your games via the forum and/or (assisted) PM’s and keep that great sportmanship going. The “fair play list” will be published / updated in the Division topic and here, in The Bomb, until the end of the tournament.

Ties in Division Final ranking

In case participants in a division end up with the exact same amount of points as other participant(s) in their Division (ties) this is how we will determine which player ends ahead of the other(s).

Ties in the final standings will be decided:

1. First by the head to head result. So winner of the Division game they played versus eachother gets the nod.
2. If that game was a draw it comes down to whom they beat to score their wins (or if that won't get a decision who they drew with). If a player beat #1 in the final ranking they get 13 points, #2 12 points etc.
3. If they still end up the same there will be an extra match between the two.

In case there are 3 or more players tied the same criteria apply. When the head to head won’t bring a solution, the “points” scored (mentioned under 2 above) hopefully will. If 2 of the participants then still end up equally it is back to their head to head result. After that we go to play-offs (see 3.)

#237 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

Fair Play list - these matches should be played this week (so please before Sunday June 7, 23.59 GMT)

Division 1 

Zoografos vs playa1

Desert Oasis vs enigma

Aris1970 vs maxroelofs
KARAISKAKIS vs Zoografos

maxroelofs vs enigma

KingTubby vs playa1

maxroelofs vs Zoografos

lonello vs KARAISKAKIS

Nortrom vs Aris1970

Already arranged:
Nortrom vs Enigma 

Nortrom vs dutchkillers

Desert Oasis vs dutchkillers

If also possible:

Kernel Mustard vs playa1

Division 2

Spyros77 vs don mitsos

Nikos1972 vs Dr ELL SuPREME 

TheOptician vs cflag

The Prof vs Dr ELL SuPREME 

If also possible:

The Prof vs Nikos1972

don mitsos vs Dr ELL SuPREME 

Division 3

ajax 123 vs ICanMakeULOSE

gmits vs ajax 123

papillon vs The Maestro

Division 4

chefwd76 vs John.K1980

DEATHHAMMER vs chefwd76

DEATHHAMMER vs 128628bozo

DEATHHAMMER vs John.K1980

All other matches can also be played this week, so feel free to get them in as well

Please start proposing timeslots in this topic and/or via PM. If you need any assistance please contact us per (Division) PM

#238 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

Results per 3 June 2015

yz8Z0Py.jpg

In 17 games that have given the Greek players (with opponents players from other countries)
that participate in Division 1, unfortunately they count only 1 win(zografos) and 1 draw(Aris1970).
It is a negative record and we all wish be reversed in the next games and come victories for Greek players
. :(

W    L     D 

Zografos               1  -  4  -  0                 

Aris1970                0  -  5  -  1

KARAISKAKIS       0  -  6  -  0 

TOTAL       1  - 15  -  1     

Statistics are an offer of the "bomb of spies"      

Dekaeneas-Spy

#239 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

zFGE5F1.jpg

In 26 games that have given the Greek players (with opponents players from other countries)
that participate in Division 2,  they count 12 win, 13 defeats and  1 draw.

We have a very good presence and we hope to go even better.

W   L  D

Spyros77                                     4   1  0

Dr ELL SUPREME                       1   3   0

Kambia                                        1   4   0

cflag                                             1   2  1

Nikos1972                                    3   1   0

don mitsos                                   2   2   0

Gkaros                                         -    -    -

TOTAL              12  13  1 

Statistics are an offer of the "bomb of spies"      

Dekaeneas-Spy

• Luckypapa likes this

#240 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

@D-Spy.....I disagree ..........I see only successes !!!
2 Greek players participated in D1- Years End 2014 Division Tournament
Aris1970 & zoografos ( is ok?)

(2014) ............ 2 Greek players !!!
this year (2015) ............ 5 Greek players !!!   (100%)
               (2016) ............12 Greek players !!!  (simple math ... ;) )

• Luckypapa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users