Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

welcome back Dekaeneas-spy ... we missed you a lot .... see that both your creations Bomb of spies and bets have continued without you .... this is proof that we need and like that !!!! ...like the others I'm sacrifying all my emoticons for you ... :ph34r:  :rolleyes:  ^_^  :blush:  :excl:  :P  ;)  :lol:  :D  :)

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#202 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Welcome back! B) Now we check to see who collects on the over-under slip on your return date to Stratego.com!  ;)  :P

#203 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Yesshhh!  :)

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#204 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

There is no Spy like Dekaeneas-Spy!

Now we can have decent bets again :-))))).

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#205 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Thank you all
frankly, your not forget and you appreciate all

Dekaeneas-Spy

#206 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

***** Very Important Notice*****

TUESDAY: CURFEW AT 2359 GMT

A lot of players have already posted valid time slots for game arrangements, but there are still some players that have not. According to the rules every player must post 3 valid timeslots before Tuesday March 3, 23.59 GMT (tomorrow).

Not providing (at least) these 3 timeslots will have negative effects for these players. One of those effects being that the opponent (who did provide 3 valid timeslots) may set the official time of the game for either SATURDAY or SUNDAY, which will be used in case no game is arranged until curfew time of Friday 23.59 GMT.  See Rules (we formulated it even clearer now)

So please all be sure to post 3 valid time slots before 2359GMT tomorrow

#207 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Dutchkiller easily captured my flag and advances!

My army never even made it to the field of battle - we suspect sabatoge by foreign forces!!!  They will be found and dealt with and we will be back!!!!

Good luck to DK with the rest of the tournament and thanks to those that have organized and run the tournament.

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#208 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

Satan-NL really deserves to be the undisputed N°1 since july 2013 on this website. In my today's game against him I invented a new setup just for him and based on a few of his games I watched at Gravon. The beginning of the game was good. At a certain point  I was ahead a major, a sergeant and 2 scouts and in terms of information I knew his 2 colonels, 1 major and 1 sergeant while he knew my gen, 1 colonel and 1 sergeant. At this point in time I guess I had the advantage. My special setup was working well. But then I made 3 mistakes while he made only 1. First I let my marsh be discovered by a scout even I could avoide it, then my gen was trapped in a 50/50 situation for his marsh while I could get a colonel with my marsh (and I stupidly choose to give up the gen for the colonel), then I brought one of my major too close to my known colonel and he could get it with his unknown gen. For these 3 mistakes he made only one to give me a sergeant for a lieutnant ... but I gave him the info it was a lieutnant.

Conclusion: the real strength of Satan_NL is that due to his tremendous experience of the game he does not make any mistake while you still make some...and this gives him the advantage. I would appreciate his own feedback saying that I was not too "junior" in that game...

Anyway thank you for the wonderful stratego lesson and good luck in premier bracket.

Napoleon 1er

• The Prof, Aris1970 and papillon like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#209 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

Napoleon, if I'm understanding the situation correctly, I don't think it was a mistake for you to capture a colonel in exchange for him having a 50/50 shot at getting your general.  Consider if you hadn't guessed wrong, then your general would have been saved, you would be up a colonel, and you would know the location of his marshal, assuming it was the other piece involved in the 50/50.  Since you were already ahead in the game this would likely have put you on the path to victory.  A move that gives a player a 50% chance at beating S-NL should not be considered a mistake, just bad luck if it doesn't work out  :)

• Napoleon 1er likes this

#210 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

the most important thing I guess is that this setup is good against top players ... only need to make sure not to make mistakes. In fact it was more than 50/50 with my gen .... I should say I had a 90/10 guess it was his marsh....it was a mistake unfortunately

#211 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

Congratulations to the organizers of the tournament and the optician that continues successfully the bets.

At the end of the tournament (spring) would like to propose the organization of a different tournament to be played players in teams of two players. Has done in the past in metaforge and was something special.

Thank you

Dekaeneas-Spy

• Aris1970, TheOptician and monomaxa like this

#212 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Daylight Savings Time reminder for USA Players…hopefully everyone who wasn't aware of this beforehand had their "wait, WTF time is it already?" moment earlier today.

So USA Eastern time is now GMT -4 instead of -5.

Pacific time is now GMT -7 instead of -8.

For today's games it looks like this affects Prof and Desert Oasis....Noblevillain, I know you said you're in one of the very few areas that actually does not follow daylight savings ;)

#213 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

****RB Bracket week!!****

All the games in Round 2 of the Premier Bracket have been played so all matches for Round 2 in the Rehabilitation Bracket are now up. Please beware that the curfew is Tuesday 10 March 2359 GMT.

Since it will be either the second or the third game for all players, it must be clear by now how the curfew works, what the conditions are for posting VALID timeslots and what the consequences are for not posting them in time. So please RB participants, make sure you post correctly and as soon as possible.

Although this week is scheduled for RB matches we also put up all the Round 3 matches in the PB and we urge all the PB participants to use the extra time (Premier Bracket curfew is Tuesday 17 March 2359 GMT, so you have one extra week) to start proposing already, so both players have maximum flexability. All the (other) participants are better off if games are not scheduled for the last possible moment. So hopefully we will see some PB matches played this week as well.

#214 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

***** Very Important Notice*****

TUESDAY: CURFEW AT 2359 GMT for 2ND ROUND REHAB GAMES

A lot of players in round 2 of the Rehabilitation Bracket have yet to post valid time slots for game arrangements, According to the rules these players must post 3 valid timeslots before Tuesday March 10, 23.59 GMT (tomorrow).

Not providing (at least) these 3 timeslots will have negative effects for these players. One of those effects being that the opponent (who did provide 3 valid timeslots) may set the official time of the game for either SATURDAY or SUNDAY, which will be used in case no game is arranged until curfew time of Friday 23.59 GMT.  See Rules (we formulated it even clearer now)

So please all be sure to post 3 valid time slots before 2359GMT Tuesday. This currently applies to some players in the following matches:

gatos13 vs gorgsari

Al.Rouf vs Thanasis!!

cflag vs astros

zoografos vs dutchkillers

DEATHHAMMER vs wariorrsss

Späher vs noblevillain

#215 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

...killing all miners and keeping strongest or 2nd strongest piece on the board is SATAN_NL's tactics... in worst case you get a draw ... and replay ... good job Max!

• maxroelofs likes this

#216 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

Skill instead of luck...... I told you Max, I believe in your skills, so I had put some coins on you.  ;).

Coming back from such a bad position, chapeau! 

Pity there is no video. They are good stuff for everyone.

Lucky

• maxroelofs likes this

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#217 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

**SPRING TOURNAMENT NOTICE FOR REHABILITATION BRACKET PLAYERS**

All: The main pursuit of this tournament is a place to get together for some fun competitive games -- mainly the fun part. And getting together for some players new ones and veterans alike, has maybe been more difficult than it needs to be. We've seen this in all tournaments here on the site. This time we're going to try to course-correct it by making some changes. 

We'll start with players in the Rehab bracket, who, staring with 4th Round matches, will now have some new rules to help keep this tournament moving and make game arrangements more efficient.

We will tighten up the deadlines: timeslot curfews of 48 hours for all matches, regardless of the day the match topic is opened. We will allow for simpler arrangements: players may just pick a time their opponent offers, thereby completing the arrangement with no two-player confirmation needed. And we will move on from passive players holding up the tournament with DQ warnings: we remind players it only takes a few seconds to check their match topics for updates.

This is how it will basically work:

1.    Once a new match topic is opened, participants must post 3 valid timeslots by Primary Curfew. Primary Curfew takes effect 48 hours from the opening of the matchtopic (rounded up to 23.59GMT). So if a matchtopic is opened on Thursday 14:00GMT, Primary curfew is Saturday 23.59GMT. 

2.    In addition to the standard rules for posting availability, the 3 slots may NOT be all on the same day, and any proposed slot within 24 hours of topic creation will NOT count towards the required 3 slots. Also, a player must still post 3 valid timeslots even if they agree to a time already proposed by their opponent.

3.    If a player does not post 3 valid slots by Primary Curfew, that player must now post 3 valid slots before Final Curfew or else be disqualified. That player may also lose 1 TRP. A player who has posted 3 valid slots before Primary Curfew, facing an opponent has not done so, may post an additional FIXED time, which will be used in the event that the match is not scheduled by Final Curfew. (see 4 below)

4.    Final Curfew is 48 hours after Primary Curfew.

5.    A player who still has failed to provide 3 valid slots by Final Curfew will be disqualified. If both players do not post 3 valid slots by Final Curfew, they both will be disqualified, and a bye will advance to the next round.

6.    While the tournament will benefit from faster scheduling, the TC reserves the right to change Primary and Final Curfew as appropriate. This will always be communicated at the opening of a match topic.

7.    While a game is considered arranged if both players confirm the time prior to the game, a game is ALSO considered arranged if one player simply picks a specific time in a valid slot already proposed by the opponent, as long as the opponent has at least 24 hours notice. A confirmation by the opponent is not needed in this case. 

We are hopeful this will speed up the pace of this tournament and benefit active players. None of these rules should be necessary if players simply check their match topics for updates regularly, and make reasonable efforts to arrange their games. The exact rules/curfews for each RB match will be found in each specific match topic. Play on, and good luck!

#218 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

Desert Oasis and Kernel Mustard both beat legendary players to reach the Premier Bracket Finals!!!

USA, USA, USA !!!   :D

• Lonello, cflag and Mr. Smith like this

#219 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

Desert Oasis and Kernel Mustard both beat legendary players to reach the Premier Bracket Finals!!!

USA, USA, USA !!!   :D

Well deserved for these fine players :lol:

Also stay tuned for the Moderator Team... soon we will have a threesome USA,USA,USA there too :rolleyes: B)

Lo

#220 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

Also stay tuned for the Moderator Team... soon we will have a threesome USA,USA,USA there too :rolleyes: B)

That is really awesome news! I can guess who will be the third one ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users