Storyteller

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

Well, lucky for me I'll only have to suffer two schoolings before I'm out of the tournament, eh? ;)

#182 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

We just closed the Sign Up for the Spring 2015 Double Elimination Open Tournament. The Brackets and game topics should appear no later than Friday 20 February.

These are the TRPs that can be won during the Spring 2015 Double Elimination Tournament: 

puBIzDa.png

We wish all the particpants lots of fun!

#183 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

A great improvement is that the points you can win are closer together. If the number 1 wins twice the points number 2 wins, it is just less fun.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#184 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,080 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

@Napoleon: Thanks for the idea :D

#185 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

****Spring Tournament Brackets are up****

The Brackets for the Spring 2015 Double Elimination Open Tournament are available now.

The first week (ofcourse) will only see games in the Premier bracket. The Tournament will last approximately 12 weeks.

Games can be arranged as soon as TC opens games topics for each game (we aim for Friday 20 February). So that gives you some extra time to visit the Springstakes 2015 betting

We wish all the participants and followers much fun and great matches

#186 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

****Spring Tournament has started****

We have opened the gametopics for te First games in the Premier Bracket. This means you can now start arranging your game, and start playing. We opened it today so that participants can also use this weekend for their games. Participants can start playing as of now (please arrange / announce it in the game topic before starting the match).

There are some rules for arranging games so please check Rules. Also pay attention to the Policy about sportsmanlike behavior on the battlefield as well as in this forum.

Important for arranging games:

• Each round post at least 3 valid time slots in which you can play in the forum topic corresponding to your game number BEFORE Tuesday 23.59 GMT;
  • Use the 24 hour clock and all times must be in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time);
  • The First 3 proposed time slots cannot be between 00.00 GMT and 06.00 GMT see Rules for exceptions);
  • Each of the First 3 proposed time slots consist of at least a 2 hour window to start the game. For example, proposing Tuesday 20.00-22.00 GMT would mean a player is available to start a game at 20.00GMT, and his latest availability to start is 22.00 GMT.

Some players have a bye in the first round so can sit back. But please keep checking the forum, because as soon as the topic for your next round match is opened you can start arranging (and then playing).

Also remember that this is a Double Elimination Style tournament, meaning that if you lose one game you are not out of the tournament. You will then enter the Rehabilitation Bracket and still have the chance to win it all!

More info:

Brackets  (will be updated regularly)
Rules
Fair Play Policy
How your performance in this tournament will affect the rest of your 2015 tournament year: Division 2015 - who and how

Main Announcement
If you still have ANY questions please use the Questions Thread 

#187 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

Is D-Spy going to be covering this event ? :)

#188 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Thusfar 5 matches have been played in the first round of the Premier Bracket.

The Maestro defeated newcomer noblevillain in a very close match. D3 winner cflag beat aman35. Napoleon 1er had a victory over our firstever participant from Africa, josephwhite. In another greek battle Aris1970 won against the debuting warriorsss. The Prof and gatos13 battled to a draw and will have their rematch Friday.

Since this is a double elimination tournament all participants are still in this.

We welcome the winners to Round 2 of the Premier Bracket

The others will be in Round 1 of Rehabilitation Bracket

Today will see at least 2 matches:

Späher vs TheOptician 
spyros77 vs egw197077

Since it is Tuesday, please beware of tonight's curfew (23.59 GMT) for those who have not yet posted 3 valid timeslots. The Springstakes will close at that same time tonight as well, so place your bets now. 

Wednesday will see the opening of gametopics for next round matches (if possible).

#189 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

***** Very Important Notice*****

TODAY: CURFEW AT 2359 GMT

A lot of players have already posted valid time slots for game arrangements, but there are still some players that have not. According to the rules every player must post 3 valid timeslots before 2359 GMT tonight.

Not providing (at least) these 3 timeslots will have negative effects for these players. One of those effects being that your opponent (who did provide 3 valid timeslots) can propose an additional timeslot for either SATURDAY or SUNDAY, which will be used in case no game is arranged until curfew time of Friday 23.59 GMT.  See Rules.

So please all be sure to post 3 valid time slots before 2359GMT tonight.

• Aris1970 likes this

#190 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Congratulations to Morias!!!

My army perfectly executed the double reverse secret charge.......  Only to find their general pointed in the wrong direction!!!!!  And Morias expertly slaughtered my proud army!!!!

Good Luck

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#191 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

****Next Round matches are up*****

Today we put up some of the first games of the SECOND round of the Premier bracket, as well as the first few matches in the Rehabilitation Bracket.

That means that you can start arranging these games now and when you and your oppponent agree on a date and time you can start playng already; so no need to wait until next week!

Pay attention to the conditions for posting proposals. The curfew is for proposing 3 valid timeslots is Tuesday March 3 2359 GMT.

Betting possibilities on these matches are now available in the Springstakes.

#192 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

February 24th and 25th will from now on be national holidays in Greece, as these dates will be remembered for generations as the dates that SEVEN out of SEVEN (edited as I clearly can't count) matches were won in the Spring Tournament.

It all started with gorgsari scoring the upset victory over Astros, followed by spyros77 beating fellow Greek egw197077. Wednesday was the top day with 5 more Greek victories: morias sent scottrussia's army to Siberia, B.E.M. HCS defeated chefwd76, Zoografos beat the greek (goddess?) Kambia, KARAISKAKIS continued his winning streak against fellow Greek JohnK.1980 and finally MIMIS69 winning his game against General Eshe.

So let's all get an Ouzo...
  • Aris1970 and cflag like this

#193 cflag

cflag

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

Im sure you drink ouzo because i counted 7 winners not 6!!! cheers

• Aris1970 likes this

#194 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

Im sure you drink ouzo because i counted 7 winners not 6!!! cheers

Neither 6 nor 7 ....... but .....15 from the 32 players of the next round (Round 2 of the Premier Bracket) will be Greeks players !!!  ;)

• cflag likes this

#195 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

With gkaros beating Mr. Smith for the 8th Greek victory in a row, the bookmaker introduced a special Greek bet

#196 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

****Take advantage of the extra weekend!!!!****

With many first round games already finished we want to point out that a lot of next round matchtopics (Premier Bracket and Rehabilitation Bracket) have been opened by us already, so that means you can start proposing time slots and arrange your game. Games can be played immediate after that, so there is no need to wait.

Take advantage of this great opportunity, because the longer you wait the tighter the schedule (and the rules) get.

#197 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

After long period of abstinence from the Stratego.com and once it has ceased to be BETA, hoping it will be better the things,

with the forum to have constructive discussions, opinions, ideas, about the stratego and without insults and bad behavior :( ,

I return to action and I wish you all good fun.

I am glad that be in progress even a tournament and I am glad that there is betting contest.
I welcome all my old friends and new members. ;) 

Dekaeneas-Spy

• Luckypapa, maxroelofs, The Prof and 4 others like this

#198 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

After long period of abstinence from the Stratego.com and once it has ceased to be BETA, hoping it will be better the things,
with the forum to have constructive discussions, opinions, ideas, about the stratego and without insults and bad behavior :( ,
I return to action and I wish you all good fun.
I am glad that be in progress even a tournament and I am glad that there is betting contest.
I welcome all my old friends and new members. ;) 

Dekaeneas-Spy

And I welcome you back....this is just great news.

And to celebrate it:  :P   :wub:  -_-   :D   :blink:  :D  ;)

PS. The only bad thing is that I just noticed there is a maximum on the emoticons you are now allowed to use in a post. I never noticed that before but then again I never used many.

However....I hope that Dspy can function at 100% with that limitation 

• Dekaeneas-Spy, Aris1970 and Kernel Mustard like this

#199 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

@D_Spy

and i welcome you back.......is happy news for me...........all know that D_Spy is my best friend :rolleyes:   :wub:   :)  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :D  :)

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#200 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Yay D-Spy!!

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this