Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

I don't understand why some aliases are revealed and others are not

Using alias is against the rules, so you mods keep the good job and make a post where all known aliases are written

If it's against the rules, then how come you have a second name Cosinus?

Don't nag about an alias if you have one yourself.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#22 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:03 PM

Thanks to everyone who gave me best wishes on my resignation. I wanted to tell all of you the true reason on my resignation and I got a promotion at my real life job with more hours being at my job and I do have a few other family personal issues I need to take care of.  I have no doubt that Karaiskakis, The Prof, Napoleon 1er will continue doing a stellar job here keeping the Moderator Team going .  I also wish to thank Ash and Aphanai for their efforts in running this site and entrusting in our Moderator Team and supporting our decisions and rule adjustments to this site.  

• KingTubby, KARAISKAKIS, 7up and 8 others like this

#23 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

Good luck Midnight and I am sure we will meet again somewhere!

• HardRain_Lenny likes this

#24 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

This post has been hidden from Midnightguy without specific etiology in the same day he wrote it . I really do not know why he regretted and changed his mind.
NOBODY from the MT accused him for his action actually I was this person who proposed to reveal him in public.
There is official answer from admins that under accounts Sadistic and BerlyBen is the same person.

WE WILL NEVER LEAVE ANY DOUBTS TO DISHONOR THE NAME OF MIDNIGHTGUY

I had written the post because I thought it was agreed we were going public with this. After a post from another one of our Moderator Team members who did not speak up after I made the post had said:   "It shouldn't be our job to be the 'Truth Police' and the site will demand we start to reveal everyone and we have little resources to make that happen."  That post got me to change my mind, and I removed that and the post made by Patty because he quoted my post.  

This had nothing to do with me resigning and again I left on my own accord.  However, I will give my last two cents on this issue and say I stand by my statement that Sadistic is a hypocrite and even more sad he still continues on this post to try to use Burly Ben to talk himself up here in the forum.  Time for you to just admit you got caught and apologize to the players you called out for having more than one name and demanding they get banned from the site.   

• KARAISKAKIS, vegas, The Prof and 2 others like this

#25 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

Good to hear you are alright!

Congratulations with your promotion and good luck with the new responsibility.

Best regards;

ALL OF US

ps: we all hope to see you once in a while to give you a beating or just to chit chat

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#26 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

However, I will give my last two cents on this issue and say I stand by my statement that Sadistic is a hypocrite and even more sad he still continues on this post to try to use Burly Ben to talk himself up here in the forum.

Once again you got me cracked up, ahaha

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#27 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,131 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:09 PM

Trickz, Sohal has been very up front with his alias. He shouldn't be jumped on for bringing up a subject that there is widespread disagreement about. His suggestion for the MT to list all the known aliases is a solid idea, and I'd personally like to see it done. Are you disagreeing with doing this?

Of course, the current situation is still that we cannot know, 100%, who is who. We can only get people to confess up to us. Pillpoppinmaniac is a painful reminder of this. I know of at least one player-started thread where anyone could voluntarily list his aliases but I don't think it went very far. So I agree with Sohal's idea for this to be done at the level of an official MT post.

Many of us have aliases and that's just a fact. What's the point of calling out Sohal on his very well known one of Cosinus when you, me, and a horde of others have the same situation?

The very person this thread is about, Midnightguy, showed us a unilateral approach to the issue. He just contacted aphanai and asked to have all of his duplicate accounts deleted, and it was done. I'm not saying that's what everyone should do, because were all in different circumstances, and few of us have the same concerns to the degree of a Sohal. We don't have to win 10 games for every one we drop. But it is something I am going to do because as a lowly general it's right for me.

An MT-maintained thread would, at least, give those who wish to be up front about their multiple nicks a well known place to be honest. It would also be a good place to to check out your opponent if you wanted. So I very much like the idea. Thanks, Sohal.

Gary
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#28 Burly Ben

Burly Ben

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:24 AM

Wait a minute......Karkakais or whatever his name is, is MidnightGuy and he is criticizing the use of aliases? LOL. Funnier than that, he created a thread about how sad it was that his alias was leaving? Now, I have a belly ache from laughing so hard. What did he expect to see, a bunch of grown men crying over him leaving? :lol:

Secondly, this site is a joke, from the poor programming, to the alias abuse, to the fact that there are scrubs in authority positions. The top level players all consider this site a joke and they have all told me first hand. Maybe this is why they figure they may as well use an alias or two. Sites a joke anyway.

Lastly, whatever you want to believe you can but lots of us have known Sadi and his shenanigans for a long time and we get it. It's entertaining and most of us like him. Sure, he can be a jerk sometimes but he's real. This Midnightgoon buffoon wrote a requiem for himself and then got mad when Sadi Claus made light of it with an extremely funny and well written post. I may speak for the minority but I am glad this hypocrite is no longer a moderator.

I may be a Ben but I'm not gentle, nor am I a Sadi Ben................I'm just another player, having fun playing the game on a heavily flawed site. The weirdo administrators are the biggest laugh of all, writing sad stories about themselves. OMG!!................ LMFAO! 

I can't wait for Sadi to reply to this . You know....my hero! LOL.

By the way, Karakais' claim that my IP and Sadi's are the same, is a lie. The dude is a liar and even used an alias to write this thread. A stand up guy? I beg to differ.

#29 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:54 AM

Hopefully Mguy will find more peace in the real world than he found here. I hope Darth Remark can use his age and experience and use his more tolerant and shrug your shoulders personality on this site. Welcome Darth and best wishes to ... Rob

#30 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

Wow I feel affirmed. 

Also belated apology to patty for changing my post from a negative sarcastic site ridiculing note to one of praise.

Sadi is funny but forgive him he cannot help himself he has fear of being labeled weak. its an INF complex

removed text

#31 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

First of all, everyone knows i am Sohal and Cosinus

Secondly,

I created this alias to show people it's stupid to allow aliases

first 4 spots are taken by me and hielco !

i expected admins to do something against aliases

I don't really understand some aliases are revealed by mods team, and others not

• 7up likes this

#32 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

@Sohal

You know who much I respect you as a fair and decent player, but I think that here you are wrong.

This topic has been created to say goodbye and post our thanks to a man who spend endless hours in a volunteer basis in an effort you and all of us can play in a safe way and have fun in this site. Until now I can not see from you a related post  with the subject of this topic.

Instead of this you complain why we do not reveal all the aliases.

Our policy is to reveal such cases when we believe that someone use his alias to abuse in forum or cheat in games e.g. in tournaments.

All of us want and try to find solutions in this serious issue but without  help from programmers this is impossible at the moment.

• 7up, Sohal, Aris1970 and 1 other like this

#33 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

First of all, everyone knows i am Sohal and Cosinus

Secondly,

I created this alias to show people it's stupid to allow aliases

first 4 spots are taken by me and hielco !

i expected admins to do something against aliases

I don't really understand some aliases are revealed by mods team, and others not

1) So if everyone knows, then it's suddenly allowed you say? You say it's illegal, then what's your point of creating an alias if you think it's illegal as well? Doesn't make any sense!!!  Like everything you say doesn't make any sense btw,....you're always so full of bs!

If you want to be an example, then stick to ONLY ONE NICK and that's that!  If not, then please shut the hell up about illegal aliasses!

2) You don't understand why some are revealed and some are not?  Oh sure, there are more than hundred THOUSAND players on this site but the mods bust run fulltime with the research to find out who's who and why, that's realistic or what????

Btw, I have more accounts and everybody knows who I am as well but I guess for you that's illegal?

Even if you do the exact same thing, but of course, then it's only to show something so then it's allowed but others can't since you think you are a privileged exclusive top rated vet who can do more than others, thinking he owns the copyright of the game.

You're full of bs and that's the truth.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#34 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,131 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

Hey, it's true that the aliases issue is off topic for this thread, but it's also true that Sohal didn't really start the talk about it. The talk about Sadi/Burley Ben preceded him.

So I'll give that it did not need to be added to this thread, but Sohal absolutely has a point that there should be an official thread where all aliases are posted, so that they can be known by all equally. Yes it would be voluntarily driven, and likely very incomplete, but it would at least be a central place where everyone could own up and declare their alter egos. I think a lot of people would like to own up. This official thread would put the onus squarely on the players where it best belongs, and the issue would be completely out in the open. It couldn't possibly be a bad thing.

Gary
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#35 Burly Ben

Burly Ben

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

I had a funny experience today. One of the admins, using an alias with only 30+ games ambushed me, lottoing lots of my pieces and pulling out a win. My guess is that it was none other than Karaikasis. The guy did not guess incorrectly even once, Obviously somebody cheating. What a fine example you set and congrats for removing 24 points of mine. LOL. As if the game would have set up a game with me playing somebody with only 300 points. The admins are obviously cheating here, making this site an even bigger joke than it was.

#36 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

paranoia does not equal proof

#37 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

There are several other threads about aliases and declaring them.  It doesn't take an official thread to get people to be honest.  If you are a sportsmanlike player then tell your aliases, or don't use them.  Trickz rightly points out that it's impractical for the admins to police.  

But this is a thread respecting the great contributions Rob has made to this site.  Let's take aliases and all other subjects to another thread.  

• morgancapecod and sirgeicoad like this

#38 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

1) So if everyone knows, then it's suddenly allowed you say? You say it's illegal, then what's your point of creating an alias if you think it's illegal as well? Doesn't make any sense!!!  Like everything you say doesn't make any sense btw,....you're always so full of bs!

If you want to be an example, then stick to ONLY ONE NICK and that's that!  If not, then please shut the hell up about illegal aliasses!

2) You don't understand why some are revealed and some are not?  Oh sure, there are more than hundred THOUSAND players on this site but the mods bust run fulltime with the research to find out who's who and why, that's realistic or what????

Btw, I have more accounts and everybody knows who I am as well but I guess for you that's illegal?

Even if you do the exact same thing, but of course, then it's only to show something so then it's allowed but others can't since you think you are a privileged exclusive top rated vet who can do more than others, thinking he owns the copyright of the game.

You're full of bs and that's the truth.

very constructive bud,

not expected more from you anyway

#39 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

@Sohal

You know who much I respect you as a fair and decent player, but I think that here you are wrong.

This topic has been created to say goodbye and post our thanks to a man who spend endless hours in a volunteer basis in an effort you and all of us can play in a safe way and have fun in this site. Until now I can not see from you a related post  with the subject of this topic.

Instead of this you complain why we do not reveal all the aliases.

Our policy is to reveal such cases when we believe that someone use his alias to abuse in forum or cheat in games e.g. in tournaments.

All of us want and try to find solutions in this serious issue but without  help from programmers this is impossible at the moment.

You're right zoro

sorry for trolling

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

#40 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Sorry to see Midnightguy go. But happy to see two former WSC members become members of the MT.

Congratulations Lonello and DarthRemark!

Thanx bulky dog :D Hope to be of any help B)

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users