KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,277 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Today is a sad day for our site.

Today unfortunatelly we have to announce to our community that a great man , a pure strategolover, a true volunteer who spend endless hours for the good of this site , THE MAN with name MIDNIGHTGUY is not anymore member of us. Because of some personal reasons he decided to give his resignation from MT and also to leave stratego.com 

Rob ,I wish you the best and I want to thank you once again for everything you have done for the site .......and there are so many! Your name will be always written with gold letters in the history of stratego.com.

From the other hand we want to welcome  Lonello and DarthRemark as new moderators and  members of MT who volunteer to join our efforts for a better site.

• Midnightguy, The Prof, Aris1970 and 6 others like this

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm surprised and saddened but Rob will hopefully be back. It's hard to volunteer as much as he has without needing a break. So many things come up in life. Eventually they just need attention. So, yes, good luck, Rob. Hope to see you back down the road sometime.

Gary
  • Midnightguy, sirgeicoad, cflag and 1 other like this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hope to see you back at some point.

• Midnightguy, sirgeicoad and HardRain_Lenny like this
3 - 0

#4 sirgeicoad

sirgeicoad

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Good luck, Midnightguy! Thank you so much for your tireless efforts. And warm welcome to DarthRemark and Lonello. Both sad and terrific news. Balance and Peace.

• Midnightguy, cflag and HardRain_Lenny like this

#5 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm not sure about this tear shedding festival you all are having but since we are making announcements, I would like to take this opportunity to announce my official status as this site's most beloved player. Although I am notoriously known for my humble and calm demeanor, this is no time for such, but rather, a grand opportunity to discuss my stunning male beauty and far reaching appeal to those of the opposite sex (and who the hell can blame them?). I would also like to remind members of my impressive level of intelligence, athletic ability and unconscionable level of charisma. Lets not lose ourselves in the hysteria of a relatively insignificant member, who has run amok, when we are so delightfully gifted with the presence of an established international hero and celebrity. Let us do all that we can to keep Sadi on the site, particularly given the vile programming flaws that we have here and also for the sake of the upcoming holiday season (and the arrival of Sadi Claus).

Now please, fellas, gather yourselves and if you ever begin a thread with "A great man" in the heading, lets make sure that I am the subject of said thread or we could have a veritable riot among the site's members. Yes, they love me this much. Beloved members, feel free to utilize me as a role model for your male children but most importantly, shelter your females from my presence the best that you can, unless of course, you wish for them to run away from home in some feeble attempt to covet my affections.

I am not going hide or delete this disgusting post BECAUSE EVERYONE MUST SEE HOW MUCH PATHETIC PERSONALITY is under the account Sadistic aka  Berly Ben aka .....

Only thing you must have in mind is that our community knows how to isolate persons like you.

KARAISKAKIS

#6 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,277 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

I'm not sure about this tear shedding festival you all are having but since we are making announcements, I would like to take this opportunity to announce my official status as this site's most beloved player. Although I am notoriously known for my humble and calm demeanor, this is no time for such, but rather, a grand opportunity to discuss my stunning male beauty and far reaching appeal to those of the opposite sex (and who the hell can blame them?). I would also like to remind members of my impressive level of intelligence, athletic ability and unconscionable level of charisma. Lets not lose ourselves in the hysteria of a relatively insignificant member, who has run amok, when we are so delightfully gifted with the presence of an established international hero and celebrity. Let us do all that we can to keep Sadi on the site, particularly given the vile programming flaws that we have here and also for the sake of the upcoming holiday season (and the arrival of Sadi Claus).

Now please, fellas, gather yourselves and if you ever begin a thread with "A great man" in the heading, lets make sure that I am the subject of said thread or we could have a veritable riot among the site's members. Yes, they love me this much. Beloved members, feel free to utilize me as a role model for your male children but most importantly, shelter your females from my presence the best that you can, unless of course, you wish for them to run away from home in some feeble attempt to covet my affections.

I am not going hide or delete this disgusting post BECAUSE EVERYONE MUST SEE HOW MUCH PATHETIC PERSONALITY is under the account Sadistic aka  Berly Ben aka .....
Only thing you must have in mind is that our community knows how to isolate persons like you.

KARAISKAKIS

• Dekaeneas-Spy, Aris1970, lolecho and 3 others like this

#7 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

Yo Midnight,

Your ressignation? It's for the site a straight loss

cuz' you earned with your dedication the stripes as great boss!  ;)

It's sad to see the best mod leavin', the devastation's high to face off,

adaptation.....thus we all respect your wise and brave thoughts

that you said before but this time no cancellation, I guess it's time to take off.

Without you here, nothing stays the same.

I thank you for all the great debates and all the games we played!

I thank you for being great as mate

plus whatever you do, you're always mister friendly who evades the hate!

I thank you for the incountable conversations and the laughs, I embrace this way

and hopefully many will follow so cheers buddy, have a blast and an amazing day! ;)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#8 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

Today is a sad day for our site.

Today unfortunatelly we have to announce to our community that a great man , a pure strategolover, a true volunteer who spend endless hours for the good of this site , THE MAN with name MIDNIGHTGUY is not anymore member of us. Because of some personal reasons he decided to give his resignation from MT and also to leave stratego.com 

Rob ,I wish you the best and I want to thank you once again for everything you have done for the site .......and there are so many! Your name will be always written with gold letters in the history of stratego.com.

From the other hand we want to welcome  Lonello and DarthRemark as new moderators and  members of MT who volunteer to join our efforts for a better site.

Is Midnightguy himself alright?

First thing which came up my mind is something horrific..Especially because he leaves Stratego.com "out of nowhere".

Like myself, I know how hard it is to keep away from Stratego..

Sorry to hear, he leaves :(

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#9 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

KARAISKAKIS

LOL. What a nerd you are, especially considering that you came groping to me with a friend request when I joined this site. Get a life and while you're at it, learn how to play stratego. You have not been competitive against me in a long time, Gpet0.

Perhaps you should undo the damage that you did to my literary masterpiece above. Perhaps this forum is not worthy of my stunning writing talents and skills. I have some things to consider. It's not my fault that you wrote a corny thread about a player who does not want to play here anymore. You made it sound like he died and it was only that he chose not to play at this bug infested site. Good grief.

Check IP address before you go claiming alias. Karaiskakis is a Gpet0 alias and I roasted him to ruins today in a game. Is it any wonder that he sought out revenge on the forum? LOL.....lame.

#10 Guest_NDJ_*

Guest_NDJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

I am not going hide or delete this disgusting post BECAUSE EVERYONE MUST SEE HOW MUCH PATHETIC PERSONALITY is under the account Sadistic aka Berly Ben aka .....

KARAISKAKIS

LOL. What a nerd you are, especially considering that you came groping to me with a friend request when I joined this site. Get a life and while you're at it, learn how to play stratego. You have not been competitive against me in a long time, Gpet0.

Perhaps you should undo the damage that you did to my literary masterpiece above. Perhaps this forum is not worthy of my stunning writing talents and skills. I have some things to consider. It's not my fault that you wrote a corny thread about a player who does not want to play here anymore. You made it sound like he died and it was only that he chose not to play at this bug infested site. Good grief.

Check IP address before you go claiming alias. Karaiskakis is a Gpet0 alias and I roasted him to ruins today in a game. Is it any wonder that he sought out revenge on the forum? LOL.....lame.
Then how is it possible that both Karaiskakis and Gpet0 were both present at WC 2014, and can be seen on some pictures together next to eachother? Check your claims foolish sadistic / Burly Ben.

Pretty much everyone on here disgusts you, except for Burly Ben, oh oops, your alter ego.

PS And maybe learn to quote properly rather than editing the quote itself.. it might improve your uglyne.. ahumm attractiveness..

#11 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

LOL.

#12 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:23 AM

Sorry to see Midnightguy go. But happy to see two former WSC members become members of the MT.

Congratulations Lonello and DarthRemark!

• Midnightguy and sirgeicoad like this

Wuf!

#13 lolecho

lolecho

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my official status as this site's most beloved player. Although I am notoriously known for my humble and calm demeanor, this is no time for such, but rather, a grand opportunity to discuss my stunning male beauty and far reaching appeal to those of the opposite sex (and who the hell can blame them?). I would also like to remind members of my impressive level of intelligence, athletic ability and unconscionable level of charisma. .

Perhaps you should undo the damage that you did to my literary masterpiece above. Perhaps this forum is not worthy of my stunning writing talents and skills. I have some things to consider. 

Tell me what you show off and I will tell you what you lack. No more comments for you as you do not deserve them.

Good luck to Midnightguy and I hope he will be back soon.

Kind regards

• Midnightguy likes this

#14 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hi MidNightGuy

Although I'm not so long a member of this site, I've noticed that you provided a great contribution in the interest of Stratego .

And I know how much time this might have cost you.

I wish you good luck in the other things you will pick up. Nevertheless I hope to see you back at least as a player.

Stratego is a rather addictive game, so I guess you will be back some day.

Additionally I wish Lonello and DarthRemark good luck in running this site together with the other Mods

Regards,

Lenno alias HRL

• Midnightguy likes this

#15 Burly Ben

Burly Ben

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Sadi is rude but funny as hell. I am not Sadi. I don't know who Midnight Guy is but hopefully he will come back to play. I don't see what the big deal is. Players come and go.

#16 Guest_Number 4_*

Guest_Number 4_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Wow.. a thought just came to my mind and I started wondering..

• MidnightGuy was the one who announced Sadistic and Burly Ben were the same, confirmed by IP check.
  • That night, his announcing post was deleted. At the annoyance of PsychoPatty.
  • Both Sadistic and Burly Ben deny the claim.
  • Within the next few days, MidnightGuy seems to offer his resignation and leaves.

Wondering whether these events are somehow causally related. Did someone else of the MT delete MidnightGuy's post, and is there some internal disagreement within MT and/or Keesing Games? And MG therefore left? Did MG abuse his moderator status/reputation to falsely claim this due to personal reasons? Or, was his claim valid and grounded, and did he insist to leave the post public and lost that debate against the rest of the MT?

I hope I am right so I did not stir stupid speculations here that are completely untrue, but somehow, I think I have touched a sensitive spot here and I tend to assume these events are somehow related.

#17 Relentless Horde

Relentless Horde

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but how did a thread supposedly in tribute to Midnight Guy get hijacked into a discussion of Sadi, Sadi/Burly Ben (who may, or may not be one and the same)  and dissension on the mod team?

I'm new here with minimal encounters with Midnight, but he seemed like a stand up guy.

Beside, the real issue is why my request to have a draw refusal adjudicated and my points restored is delayed!  :-)

(j/k on the latter)

• Midnightguy and DarthRemark like this

#18 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,277 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

• MidnightGuy was the one who announced Sadistic and Burly Ben were the same, confirmed by IP check.
  • Within the next few days, MidnightGuy seems to offer his resignation and leaves.

Wondering whether these events are somehow causally related. Did someone else of the MT delete MidnightGuy's post, and is there some internal disagreement within MT and/or Keesing Games? And MG therefore left? Did MG abuse his moderator status/reputation to falsely claim this due to personal reasons? Or, was his claim valid and grounded, and did he insist to leave the post public and lost that debate against the rest of the MT?

I hope I am right so I did not stir stupid speculations here that are completely untrue, but somehow, I think I have touched a sensitive spot here and I tend to assume these events are somehow related.

This post has been hidden from Midnightguy without specific etiology in the same day he wrote it . I really do not know why he regretted and changed his mind.
NOBODY from the MT accused him for his action actually I was this person who proposed to reveal him in public.
There is official answer from admins that under accounts Sadistic and BerlyBen is the same person.

WE WILL NEVER LEAVE ANY DOUBTS TO DISHONOR THE NAME OF MIDNIGHTGUY

• PsychoPatty, morgancapecod, Aris1970 and 1 other like this

#19 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I don't understand why some aliases are revealed and others are not

Using alias is against the rules, so you mods keep the good job and make a post where all known aliases are written

#20 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Moderators
  • 2,001 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

I have to react to your wonderings above. I have joined MT in january 2014 and I can guarantee that the team work with Midnightguy is extremely pleasant, there were no internal disagreements within MT and I don't think there were some with Keesing games (I don't see why there could be even one?). He was always very involved in the draw refusal and abusive language cases and handled some particular situations with a real above-the-average talent and professionalism thanks to his long experience as moderator also on other game websites. His decision to resign was a surprise to me as well but he did already express such wish some time ago, so it is not "new" and certainly not just a "spot" reaction related to the hiding or not hiding of the post mentionned above. I'm sure it is his sincere desire to turn a page and do something else.

Like Karaiskakis said above, Midnightguy only deserves all the honors for his great contribution on this forum since nearly 2 years. I hope I answered your wonderings.

Napoleon 1er

• PsychoPatty, morgancapecod and DarthRemark like this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users