Photo

Anyone interested in giving Stratego lessons?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 WileEPirate

WileEPirate

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

I managed to get in, but it's like an horor movie at first site, since I've never been there... :)

#22 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Sohal, how long one needs to wait after registration on Gravon to be able to play? It's indeed baffeling in the start!

Agree it can be annoying,

it took maybe 3-4 weeks for me if i'm not mistaken

but it's also the way to have no chaser/bad sports and all you can imagine

the community is not that big, but is a good one

i mailed admins to have a quicker registration at my beginning

#23 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

I managed to get in, but it's like an horor movie at first site, since I've never been there... :)

yeah, but not a big deal after a few games

i was confused too when i came there from meta

#24 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hi,

there are some americans at gravon
it's a german site, you should be able to access there

the first moves in this site are baffling, but it's a great site

How do you see the videos of people on gravon? I went there to watch videos, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Is there a special link or anything?

#25 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

Yo,

Why do you guys promote Gravon when you're playing at the rival site?

Seems Gravon is completely dead and all I hear is a hopeless survival-cry!  :D

Gravon and Meta,...they both don't show the viral signs of vital life

and that's why you guys will try to stride with your cyberlife

like in Final Fight on the rivalside so don't try to hide your lyin' pride

cuz' this flyin' site will finish both easy with a lion's might!  B)

Gravond and Meta act with despiteful lies, their cycle dies

and you can brag all you want about your primal site that you idolize

but the idol site for the violent stride with your riffle mind

is this surprisin' site cuz' you are here so you find it nice

and that's why the other two are no longer BACKed like they were missin' essential spinal vibes!

This site rules, they get the title stripes

so please spare us all your idle signs for a revival time

when we all know that Meta and Gravon are nothing more than suicidal sites!  ;)

You guys always complain, come back, complain, come back like in a never ending spiral, why?

Please stop the libel crimes of the way you act like Meta or Gravon are the Bible guides

since we all know Jumbo leads the orchestry on the recital's night!

And now I'm done with these archetypal rhymes.  B)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#26 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

@bmende

you can watch live games, not sure you can watch replay

#27 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

@ trickz

is it not allowed to play on both sites ?

stratego.Com has maybe two advantages : number of players (even if i have to wait many minutes to get a game, i guess you get one in 3 sec) and here you can play as soon as you register

gravon has many advantages : no stupid design, no stupid moves, 3 squares rules programming, real stratego players (no chasers, no insults, no sore loser (remember when you lost to me Trickz ? http://forum.strateg...sohal#entry6363 post 86. I was playing as Pd3a at this time), bronstein clock, totally free, no bugs, you can pick your opponent, you can watch games, there is a main chat for all players,......

If you love stratego, just play on both sites

#28 WileEPirate

WileEPirate

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

@Sohal

Well, it seems that it’s now possible to register immediately, though I had some problems with Java on my PC, so it took me some time...

And it’s not as bad as it seemed at first sight, but I'm used to these new icons and American numbering so in the beginning I feel like I'm blind when play there ... :)  But in general, it provides a fresh look at the game...

#29 WileEPirate

WileEPirate

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

@bmende

As I understand it, you only need to click on the game in progress to watch live match ... However, it looks like it is optional if players want to allow someone else to watch their game...

#30 WileEPirate

WileEPirate

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

@trickz

If I understand well, this is a free forum and everyone has the right to express their opinion about any particular subject... And the stronger the competition between the rival sites is, better for us who play... This site is the first choice for me, but it's refreshing to go somewhere else from time to time. Because there’s possibility to watch how other people play, and especially because there are no people whose only goal is to waste your time.

Btw, I really like your poetry! :)

• Sohal likes this

#31 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,368 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

gravon has many advantages : no stupid design, no stupid moves, 3 squares rules programming, bronstein clock, totally free, no bugs, you can pick your opponent, you can watch games, there is a main chat for all players,......

Sohal, I think I pieced the above together correctly. I'm not familiar with Gravon and was wondering what the 3 squares programming is about? Are you talking about a different chasing rule than the ISF Two Squares that allows three moves on two squares, of course?

And the Bronstein clocks, what kind of time limits are on them and is this time limit adjustable per the preferences of the players involved?

Gary

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#32 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

@Sohal

Well, it seems that it’s now possible to register immediately, though I had some problems with Java on my PC, so it took me some time...

And it’s not as bad as it seemed at first sight, but I'm used to these new icons and American numbering so in the beginning I feel like I'm blind when play there ... :)  But in general, it provides a fresh look at the game...

pretty sure you can change the number from (1 to 10) to (10 to 1)

I'm not at home at the moment, can't check it

edit : you can http://www.gravon.de...ego/options.jsp

#33 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

@Gary : yes it is ISF rules (2 squares rules you're right)

http://www.gravon.de...tratego/msr.jsp

time options are :

No Clock

30 games / 5 player / 3 Move

50 games / 12 player / 4 Move (ISF)

70 games / 15 player / 5 Move

#34 WileEPirate

WileEPirate

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

pretty sure you can change the number from (1 to 10) to (10 to 1)

I'm not at home at the moment, can't check it

edit : you can http://www.gravon.de...ego/options.jsp

Yes, thank you, I also found there that it can be played with these new European icons! Now, it only remains to me to learn to play better! :)

#35 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

@ trickz

is it not allowed to play on both sites ?

stratego.Com has maybe two advantages : number of players (even if i have to wait many minutes to get a game, i guess you get one in 3 sec) and here you can play as soon as you register

gravon has many advantages : no stupid design, no stupid moves, 3 squares rules programming, real stratego players (no chasers, no insults, no sore loser (remember when you lost to me Trickz ? http://forum.strateg...sohal#entry6363 post 86. I was playing as Pd3a at this time), bronstein clock, totally free, no bugs, you can pick your opponent, you can watch games, there is a main chat for all players,......

1) Sure it's allowed to play on any site you want.

However, what is NOT allowed (for me that is) is to nag about how good other sites are while you're playing here.

If you think those other sites are better, then please stfu and go play there.

And if not, then play here and also stfu :)

2) You don't have to be so cocky (I know it's your trademark along with several other high vets) by telling me that you have to wait hours for a game when you arrogantly say that I will find a game within three seconds,.......yeah right,......I can't count the neverending online searches and those took more than an half hour sometimes!

You're think you're all privileged and stuff but the fact is that you don't have to wait longer for a game to play than other silvers, it just depends on how many people are playing and if the server is loaded or not.

3) I don't need to hear all the advantages of Gravon cuz' you won't convince me anyway,....I've been there and god, that site blows bigtime!  The same for Gravon.   Btw, according to the mods, it's forbidden to make promotion for other websites.

Not only for them but also for the site owners.

4) You only like so called "REAL" players?  Here you are again with your arrogance.

For guys like you this should be a privileged elitegame, completely dominated by own made up bs rules (cfr : ISF double chase rule = totally ridiculous, no logic at all and after fifty thousand times, you still can't give decent arguments for that so case proven once more) and you don't respect anyone who wants to play this game cuz' only players like you can be real, all the rest isn't.

It says a lot about you in fact.

You can stop the lies as well by stating your promotion site is free cuz' Meta has always been a paysite (I don't know how it's now and I don't care actually) and Gravon can be free : it's just a pathetic small elitesite where you can play two frustrated games after a search of an entire weekend!

5) I also don't need your shallowminded remark like : 

"If you are a real Stratego lover, you play on both sides!"

Says who?  The almighty "I always am right"-strategonoob Sohal?

That's just your modest opinion so don't act like you're the spokesman of Stratego worldwide when it's really obvious that you don't have a clue at all of which kind of players play this game in the first place.

6) About our game, LOL!

First of all : indeed, you don't have TWO aliasses, no, you have indeed THREE aliasses with PD3a, that's true!  :D Speaking about the fact of being a hypocrite!  ;)

And boy, I do remember our game, it went like this :

"PD3A wasn't that good I thought.

It took me a simple scout to detect his marshall and I had four ranks up (three captains and a major) and I knew his in charging general as well.

But I made a stupid mistake by trying to close his marshall in and it didn't work and it costed me the spy.

He tried to make advantage of that and then suddenly I wasn't paying attention and his marsh came charging on my left side and took out a major.  Three captains up still, no big deal but he knew a captain and I couldn't dodge it anymore so I was only two more ranks up and since I had an open flag and he had more lower material, he eventually won."

So you didn't outplay me a bit.  You were heavily up the ropes and you didn't win with your so called "skills".

You only won our only game ever played bye A STUPID MISTAKE of me.

But yeah, keep on bragging that you're so good,............in that game you totally sukked and you got a lucky win and that's the truth.

If you tell a story, then please tell the complete story, LOL!

Btw, what's wrong with a little trashtalk?

You're used to nothing so I guess it upsets you immediately when someone speaks against you and doesn't talk in your street.

Probably because you think you're so priviliged with your narcistic attitude that everyone should automatically take everything for granted what you say or do, LOL!

You must really be a brother of the "BEST" PLAYER OF ALL TIMES in here,.........Saddistic!  :D

Now please be predictable again and type something like :

"Very constructive bud, I know you're too stubborn".

Who's the unconstructive stubborn arrogant player here?

Me or you?  The facts speak for themselves.

I never brag I'm the best, I never dishonour other people who are not allowed to play Stratego cuz they are not so called "REAL" players.  I think this game is for everyone and there should not be an eliteclub who ruins the entire game for everyone.

The only two persons I really give credits to are Satan and Nortrom.

They don't act arrogantly, they don't talk much, they do the talking on the boards and admitted, they simply perfom brilliantly and outplay everyone here.   Very annoying, that's true but respect is gained where respect is gained.

For you I don't have the slightest respect whatsoever.

Hopefully this time my post stays online since it's just my honest opinion.

Bye ps!  :D

#36 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

i'm not going to answer all your words. you can't hear other people arguments (there are many posts where people stop arguying with you)

just about that :

"I never brag I'm the best"

where did I say that ? i can find a post where i said satan-nl aka hielco is the best

"I never dishonour other people who are not allowed to play Stratego cuz they are not so called "REAL" players""

where did i dishonour people ?

Pd3a is the same account as Sohal. They changed my name. I asked that so everyone knew i'm Sohal when the game begin.

all i said it's : i don't want to wait 20 min to be paired with a no skills player who only will lotto with his marshall, then with his general, then quit and let me wait 5 min (80% of my games here). That's not stratego. Stratego is not a pure luck game.

Indeed luck is part of the game, but it's not ALL the entire game.

I helped many players to improve their games at their beginning, and they helped me to improve mine (you can ask meta's player instead of lying)

At gravon I play with unregistered player cause i want them to register and make our community bigger  

When i lose i don't argue "i was not paying attention"

You were up 4 pieces, knew my marsh with a scout and you still lost ?

lol how bad you are man ? how many pieces you need to win ?

that's why you are pissed off ?

"Hopefully this time my post stays online since it's just my honest opinion."

You should ask yourself why they delete your posts ?

#37 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'm not gonna react anymore cuz' you really irritate the F out of me.

Like you never had a game where you had a major lead and still screwed it up? Sure you did but you're just too proud to come forward with that.

Detecting your marsh with a scout, LOL,........total noobness.

I have a final expression for people like you :

It's much more worse to be a bad winner than to be a bad loser.

You are a real bad winner.

Case closed, don't react anymore and I will ignore your bs all day as well.

Ciao

#38 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'm not gonna react anymore cuz' you really irritate the F out of me.

looks like you did

Like you never had a game where you had a major lead and still screwed it up? Sure you did but you're just too proud to come forward with that.

being up a major and 3 caps, yeah maybe when i was 5 years old

Detecting your marsh with a scout, LOL,........total noobness.

good point for you, and what did you do with that info ? lol

I will ignore your bs all day as well.

thanks, first time I agree you

• maxroelofs likes this

#39 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Well, that escalated quickly. 

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#40 Burly Ben

Burly Ben

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

It seems to me that this trickz retard keeps trying to gain notoriety by creating conflicts with the highest level players. Sorry but you will have to earn that on the gamefield, not by belly aching with god awful poetry and verbal attacks on the best players.

• Sohal, maxroelofs and Hmmmmmmmmmm like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users