DR_ELL SuPREME

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Well what can i say. Just won a game. The vicory sign was depicted and the bar also  where is showing im loosing points.

The bugs here r starting to be more and more .Plz clarify this ridiculus event , cause i think i cannot continue playing like this

eLL-  Dr_ELL_SupreME, also LLYCOS.LLYCOS*

and plz stop  these topics about double and triple names

WHEN U CAN HAVE A NORMAL VERSION OF THIS GAME WITHOUT THESE (#$#$%#$%)BUGS THEN WE CAN DISCUSS FOR THE 1 NICK NAME * (this goes to the programmers of the game)

I also lost points from a draw refusal case. Napoleon 1r said he will look in to it(i posted to a topic), but no response

here is the prntscrn

http://imgur.com/vd0irM6

#2 DR_ELL SuPREME

DR_ELL SuPREME

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

Any moderator plz???

#3 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Yes it is not so much as a bug but you do need to have a formula adjusted to these things happening.

Back in the old days we had a WSC rating also based on elo. But we set the minimum gain on 1 point as if you do not, you loose points when your opponent is very weak. Was yours?

So you do need to have build in a cap. DarthRemark would know as well and might have the formula we used back then. It seems simple to just implement the cap and should have no effect on the actual game. Or is it all integrated stuff, Staff? Nice 2 words to end with :P

• DR_ELL SuPREME likes this
Lo

#4 DR_ELL SuPREME

DR_ELL SuPREME

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

im 500+ .The opponent was near 400. 

Anybody here??

#5 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hmm that's steep. I would imagine something like this occurred if you differ a couple of hundred points but 400 - 500 seems ridiculous to me too. Moreover you can not influence the pairing yourself so what's the fun in playing someone forced, where you know you will always loose points :unsure: We need programmers :D

Lo

#6 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

This typically happens when you lose a game immediately before and are not subtracted points, and then after your next game the points for both games are factored in to your rating.  The loss in the prior game could be by disconnect or even while searching for an opponent so sometimes players don't even realize they were given a loss.  Then it is a bad surprise after their next game when the loss points are added in.  The ELO formula used here never gives negative points for a win.

• DarthRemark likes this

#7 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

The ELO formula used here never gives negative points for a win.

If that is so, it's great!

I just thought Dr Ell saw a minus on the line you always get after a game. That only applies to the game you just played doesn't it? Still a bit peculiar, so best to take care of in Alpha :)

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users