dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hi Stratego players!

We got some feedback from you on our iPad game. We have made a list with the top 5 of most frequently asked questions and our answers!
  • I need Facebook to play the game
  • Your A.I. is too difficult
  • I need to be online to play in Single player mode
  • The game is not working correctly on my iPad 1
  • You got the numbering of the pieces in the wrong order
We will answer these questions here one-by-one:

1. I need Facebook to play the game

To play the game you need to log in with Facebook or create a free Stratego account, where you register with your email address. The reason for this is that Stratego is first and foremost a social game and created so you can compete with other players/friends online. Facebook login makes this easier, but is not a requirement: you can create your own account!

2. Your A.I. is too difficult

During our Closed Beta phase we had a lot of feedback from players who told us our A.I. was too defensive, too easy and made stupid moves. Games also took too long. We spiced it up and now the AI is challenging and able to win from a human player while it is still fun. We do hear your feedback and will implement different difficulty levels in one of the next releases.

3. I need to be online to play in single player mode

This is a big misunderstanding: you don`t need to be online to play the sIngle player version. To play without being online, just switch off your wi-fi and start the Stratego App. We will try to make this more obvious and add it as a link/button on the first screen in one of the next releases.

4. The game is not working correctly on my iPad 1

We are seeing the game does not run great on the iPad 1. Sadly Apple does not give us the possibility to exclude iPad 1-owners from buying/downloading. If you have an iPad 1, please contact us on customercare@stratego.com to apply for a refund.

5. You got the numbering of the pieces in the wrong order

There are two ways of ordering the numbering of the pieces. The European way and the American way. Since Stratego is originally Dutch and we (Keesing Games) as well we don`t see this problem ;-) We do hear your feedback and will implement an option to reverse the numbers. That way everyone can play his/her childhood version of Stratego!

If you have any other feedback please add it in the replies below or send us an email at: customercare@stratego.com and we will be very happy to help you out. Also, if you love the game? Please give us a review in the App Store!

To see what we will add/fix in the upcoming release, read here: http://forum.strateg...-ipad-releases/

#2 Maximilian

Maximilian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

This is a great game! It would be great if you could add the option of displaying the opponents pieces once someone won the game. For instance, when I loose, I always wonder where was his flag. I think an option to turn this on or off would be appropriate in case someone does not want it.

#3 dboekestein

dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

@Maximilian we got this request before and the idea is to implement it as a request at the end of the game, and your opponent can give permission to see it or deny it.

#4 Guest_blackcro55_*

Guest_blackcro55_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am very impressed with Stratego's responsiveness to problems, questions and in my case a completely wrong complaint. Kudos to you and thank you.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Really cool game, but we need the pass and play game (offline 2 players game on 1 device)!

#6 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I think the ability to reverse the numbers is huge. Could just be me, but I spend as much time reversing the numbers as I do thinking bout strategy. That option would be awesome.

Great game, though!

#7 dboekestein

dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

@Guest_blackcro55_* thanks!

@Guest_Guest_* if there is enough request we are adding it, I think I will do a poll here soon to see which feature is the most appreciated first

@Guest_John_* we are working on this! We will help you to sort things out ;-)

#8 Guest_Malfoy95_*

Guest_Malfoy95_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Pass and play option please. I'd like to play against people in my home. Also when I lose is there a way to see the oponents pieces to see how their set up was?

#9 dboekestein

dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

@Guest_Malfoy95_* Thanks, I got the pass-and-play and we are thinking about a request you can do to your opponent at the end of the game, if he want to reveal his pieces. What do you think?

#10 Guest_Malfoy95_*

Guest_Malfoy95_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

That would work. But I can't stress enough the importance of pass and play. Thanks!

#11 Tomski

Tomski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Saved setup slots are not available when playing offline?

#12 Guest_artemiso_*

Guest_artemiso_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I yesterday played ror the first time with my ipad... and it works great except for the ELO rating. I won a game and I got minus 15 points... Than I lost a game and I won +8 points. Anybody else is having this problem?

#13 dboekestein

dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

@Guest_artemiso_* there is a problem showing your +points at the end of a game. In our system it is recorded correct, you can see this by going to your profile and the Leagues and Ladders.

#14 TheeeMarshall

TheeeMarshall

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

A ton of glitches in the early years of Stratego.com

Need to get these ironed out asap.

#15 Jens14

Jens14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I don't think the AI is too difficult but sometimes it seems it knows EXACTLY where the bombs, flag and spy is lol.

#16 dboekestein

dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

@Jens14 we are working on making the AI better

#17 Guest_Justaplayer_*

Guest_Justaplayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

There are much better AIs out there already. I'm surprised you guys wouldn't demand to set the standard. It's not just a matter of being defensive or aggressive, or avoiding stupid moves; it's also important for it not to be too predictable. Perhaps it would help to offer several styles of AI?

#18 Lady Kathryn

Lady Kathryn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

how
does the buffer time work? I understand I have a certain amount of time
EACH TURN to move BEFORE the buffer time starts 'counting down', but
WHY does that 'time to move' vary from turn to turn. sometimes, its 16
seconds and sometimes only 1 or even 0.

wc 2010x2.jpg

#19 dboekestein

dboekestein

Advanced Member

• Stratego Staff
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

@Guest_Justaplayer_* we had one of the best AI`s in place for some time (in fact one of the AI world champions for Stratego) but this was no fun to play against. We are offering several styles pretty soon, so stay tuned!

#20 Guest_Justaplayer_*

Guest_Justaplayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

There have only been two AI world champions, and you've never used either. Most elementary Stratego AI's are too aggressive, and human opponents soon learn to wait for them to self-destruct. Some of the better AI's win against the lesser AI's by playing conservatively, but this is boring for human opponents because it simply takes longer to beat them while they do nothing to try to beat you. At present only the two former WC's play the kind of balanced Stratego that can maintain the interest of a human opponent. Perhaps yours will join them someday. But you won't succeed by offering "styles" an opponent can select among. In Stratego it's necessary to remain effectively unpredictable.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users