Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Since this site is has been in beta for 2 years now or some, I wonder what the (next) best website is..

Obvious this site got some nice interface but all the nonsense i've seen and still see without anything be done against isn't worth playing here nomore 

There is no hope for this site.

8 months ago we heard Germans would take over and we still don't hear anything and still on the same bugs.

People today still ask for the same updates/improvements some of us asked freaking 18 months ago.

Everyday I get more n more annoyed and aggresive over the same nonsense..

So which one is better Metaforge or Gravon? Or is there any other site?

• HardRain_Lenny likes this

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#2 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

@ Where Is Ya Flag

Metaforge is almost dead. I played there for 3 years ago from 2008-2011

The ranking showed more than 200 active players and we had a lot of fun,

Currently the ranking counts approx 12 players only and I noticed that a lot of Meta guys left Meta to play on Stratego.com.

Basically Metaforge was a great site with beautiful IT technique a great look, a super cockpit / mainmenu and a strong and active Mod team.

However Jumbo established Stratego.com  and put a lot of investment money to setup this site.

After that they stated that Meta had to stop with the name Stratego and that Meta wasn't allowed anymore to use the original pictures, because Jumbo has got the license rights.

Additionally Meta had the "remain visible" and "game aids" option (to make visible the pieces, which have been moved).

I believe that these idiot funnies killed Meta as well. The game basically changed and lost her classics and originals.  

Gravon however is still alive and do have a sublicence as far as I know.

I play on Gravon now since mid 2011 and personally I believe that Gravon is superior from a Statego technical perspective.

However the outlook of Gravon / menu structure is outdated, the forum isn't used frequently and strange enough there are less players than on this site.

All in all..................Stratego.com has got a lot of players, but must be careful to keep her customers satisfied.  

Therefore it's required that Stratego.com will step forward to the future and will create budget for the required improvements.

Additionally Stratego.co has to keep her classics and originals in stead of implementing all kind of new idiot ideas.

Sad  to read that you almost give up the hope for a better future and that you have become a little frustrated about reading and writing into circles. But I recognize that feeling.

Additionally your posting is a serious warning and hopefully the Management is able to act in conjunction with Jumbo.

Stay tuned...............and keep your love for Stratego.................cu soon again..............

• SEKERTZISS, Napoleon 1er, Where Is Ya Flag and 1 other like this

#3 Desert Oasis

Desert Oasis

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Im new to this site, but based on reading past posts there has been a lot of unanswered requests for technical improvements, particularly gameplay improvements (eliminate chasing, autodraws, being able to past games, etc). Basically things that would appeal to the serious player, who cares about there ranking.

Meanwhile the programmers are asking if we would like sci fi mode or single player campaign. These things would appeal more to the casual player or newcomer. Things that are less about the competition and more about having fun and having a aesthetically pleasing experience.

My guess is that it comes down to money. Jumbo or whoever owns this site determines that the fun and aesthetically additions will attract more people than the technical improvements and ultimately make the owner more money. The serious players, which are the main ones who post on this forum, are in the minority.

In spite of the lack of technical improvements, the number of unfair, unsporting games is far out weighed by the fun competitive games I have had on this site, and look forward to many more.

#4 Burly Ben

Burly Ben

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Gravon is the best programming without any bugs. Oddly enough players seem to gravitate toward the bugs because more players are here.

#5 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Gentleben, it's not so much bugs (they seemed to have fixed the ability for someone to glitch their opponent into a disconnect) at Stratego.com as a failure or willingness to implement ISF rules IMHO. Anyway, Desert Oasis summed things up perfectly - the primary goal is revenue and this goal is not necessarily maximized by accurate implementation. For example, multiple accounts will always be allowed because that means that battle coins will be bought (for each account of the user) in greater quantities, thus the rankings are somewhat innaccurate.

With regard to the OP, I would suggest the following: go to gravon and if there are players available, play there. If you don't see anyone there (or there are players there but they are involved in a game), come to stratego.com and play since there are always players at stratego.com, keeping in mind the trade off that the programming at stratego.com is terrible.

Cheers, tp.

Gravon is the best programming without any bugs. Oddly enough players seem to gravitate toward the bugs because more players are here.

#6 gkaros

gkaros

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Gentleben, it's not so much bugs (they seemed to have fixed the ability for someone to glitch their opponent into a disconnect) at Stratego.com as a failure or willingness to implement ISF rules IMHO. Anyway, Desert Oasis summed things up perfectly - the primary goal is revenue and this goal is not necessarily maximized by accurate implementation. For example, multiple accounts will always be allowed because that means that battle coins will be bought (for each account of the user) in greater quantities, thus the rankings are somewhat innaccurate.

With regard to the OP, I would suggest the following: go to gravon and if there are players available, play there. If you don't see anyone there (or there are players there but they are involved in a game), come to stratego.com and play since there are always players at stratego.com, keeping in mind the trade off that the programming at stratego.com is terrible.

Cheers, tp.

Gentleben is a great guy and gentle too.

Burly Ben is Sadi Ben or Sadi Claus Ben

#7 Burly Ben

Burly Ben

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Gentleben is a great guy and gentle too.

Burly Ben is Sadi Ben or Sadi Claus Ben

Have you, by chance, been Grinched? Sadi Ben.......lmao too funny, Gkaros! I assure you that although I love that crazy Sadi, I am not Sadi Ben. I am not gentleben, either. A Ben, yes but burly and a bit rough if you will.

Sadi Claus......LMAO! I remember that! The dude is hilarious. "Big bag of butt whipping fun". He he he!! Yippeee!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users