1. You should be able to view the achievements of your opponent. It's useless to me to know I'm a spymaster, but knowing that you have a 25-win streak is daunting.
2. I read a lot about draw refusal issues, repetitive moves, and I believe this is the only issue that hurts online stratego. Adopt an automatic draw system after xxx number of moves without any piece capture. Some chess games are drawn in a similar manner (after 50 moves).
3. Random pairing of opponents is simply perfect here. I'm less brave in facing a lower-ranked than a higher-ranked, and that's because I lost 20 points before..
4. I take duplicate accounts as "treachery" of the game here, we are dealing with stratego anyway. It takes time to maintain and takes greater skill in putting soooo many accounts in the top rankings. To balance things out, the official rule to delete accounts more than 6 months not having played a ranked match is good.
5. As for the vulgarities and unpleasant battle chats, in my personal opinion I think the game showcases generals, colonels and sergeants, not snakes and ladders. If someone is using it as a psychological weapon against me, I think that's perfectly fine. If I have to explain to a kid, I probably say not everyone is nice in war.
Great game anyway.