General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Guys,

I'm afraid to have to announce that we have a serious issue with Clean ranking. Neither our host server admins nor our programmer are responding our requests. So unfortunately we cannot update CR anymore until this issue is solved. We will insist with those who know how to make it run but most likely it will take a lot of time.

If anybody on this forum knows how to make SQL databases and link them on a host server and would give it a try to re-create a new clean ranking Tobermoryx and I would be more than happy to pm-ing with you.

Anyway keep having fun on stratego.com!

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#1182 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 890 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

Hi
Is the fact that the domain name expired the problem?
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#1183 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

Guys,

I'm afraid to have to announce that we have a serious issue with Clean ranking. Neither our host server admins nor our programmer are responding our requests. So unfortunately we cannot update CR anymore until this issue is solved. We will insist with those who know how to make it run but most likely it will take a lot of time.
If anybody on this forum knows how to make SQL databases and link them on a host server and would give it a try to re-create a new clean ranking Tobermoryx and I would be more than happy to pm-ing with you.

Anyway keep having fun on stratego.com!

Pm me

Was going ro look into making my own crawler script. It won't be too hard, though the leaderboards are formatted weirdly.

If you still have the files for your current setup, pm me and ill set up a new space.

Ill have a look when i get home, about 7

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 08 April 2018 - 03:06 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#1184 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,982 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

The error you're getting looks pretty bad. The tool I made to make WCO easier for us also is hosted on a similair platform and I received a message that I hadn't used it in 6 months and it would be subject to removal if no usage. Perhaps the same ocured here.

Simply putting a different SQL DB behind it won't make much difference as you'd also have to update the connection between the display and the DB. It also would have to be the same structure (which I doubt you have access to). Speaking of display, do you, by any chance, have the code used for the interface?

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#1185 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

its a usage space limitation. free hosts are very strict about that. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 08 April 2018 - 03:51 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#1186 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,305 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

its a usage space limitation. free hosts are very strict about that. 

Are you saying that it could be simply a matter of deleting older Clean Rankings to allow for more?

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#1187 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,570 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

No. In fact there are 2 issues:
1) our host server has upgraded everything to a higher version, which means we have to upgrade our database to that new version. As i don't have those soft skills to know how to make a SQL database and in the absence of NTactical we are left without resources
2) our host server claims that we are not sufficiently promoting their ads. This is true as we are only making screenshots of our clean ranking ... but as you can imagine they don't like that very much. So they've closed our access.

Nevertheless we may have an alternative solution soon as some forum members have already announced they have skills for making SQL databases.

Think positive!

Edited by Napoleon 1er, 08 April 2018 - 05:58 PM.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#1188 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

it will be done by next sunday, dan. :)

• Napoleon 1er likes this

#1189 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,570 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Thanks a lot!

#1190 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. Some more features will be incorporated into the clean ranking. It will have many more features and will be an all purpose collection for anything Stratego related. It will be officially launched next Sunday as Tobermoryx, Napoleon, and Unladen's StrategoDB. The following features will be available:

1. View the stratego ranking, past or present (updates will typically be weekly or twice weekly)
  2. Search aliases* for each player (only those active within the last 6 months)
  3. View stratego tournament results 
  4. By clicking on a player's name, you will be able to see a rating progression for that player (provided enough information is available)

QSbkodg.png

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 16 April 2018 - 12:17 AM.

• TheOptician, ☆OVERLORD☆, Master Mind and 2 others like this

#1191 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 684 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:19 AM

This looks very nice, what does it cost to be in the top 10 of the list?

And is it possible to add one column to show your current faction (Forum Union, First Official Forum Federation, Happy Forum Users, MT etc)?

Notice that the Happy Forum Users do not have any members at the moment.

#1192 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 784 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. Some more features will be incorporated into the clean ranking. It will have many more features and will be an all purpose collection for anything Stratego related. It will be officially launched next Sunday as Tobermoryx, Napoleon, and Unladen's StrategoDB. The following features will be available:

• View the stratego ranking, past or present (updates will typically be weekly or twice weekly)
  • Search aliases* for each player (only those active within the last 6 months)
  • View stratego tournament results 
  • By clicking on a player's name, you will be able to see a rating progression for that player (provided enough information is available)

QSbkodg.png

Can you please track the ELO ratings of every player who has registered for a tournament?
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#1193 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 784 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:20 AM

Hi all,

1. View the stratego ranking, past or present (updates will typically be weekly or twice weekly)
  2. Search aliases* for each player (only those active within the last 6 months)
  3. View stratego tournament results 
  4. By clicking on a player's name, you will be able to see a rating progression for that player (provided enough information is available)

QSbkodg.png

Thanks a lot!

Any updates?

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#1194 Wogomite

Wogomite

Lieutenant

• NASF Committee
  • 689 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

A player named Rick L started a topic about a Stratego ai that someone made on an android app. There are really neat achievements and a leader board which consist of stratego.com names throughout. Will you be able to recognize any? The name of the game is 'Heroic Battle'.

Visit the topic here:
http://forum.strateg...ai/#entry455439

#1195 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

Is there any update with the clean ranking?

#1196 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,570 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

Unfortunately not. We have not yet found somebody with the necessary sql skills to build it up again.

#1197 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,796 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

What happened to Josh's new CR?

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users