maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

This is a topic i started so everybody can be open and honest. Tell everybody which accounts are yours, so everyboody will know who they play when they play a game of stratego.

I will start:

My accounts:

- Maxroelofs (801 ELO)

- Decreaser (791 ELO)

- Gladiatoras (511 ELO)

The idea is to make this the library of second accounts, be honest and post your second accounts!

Greetz,

Maxroelofs

• The Maestro, lolecho and HardRain_Lenny like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#2 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

I've got just one account which is HardRain_Lenny.

This is the same name, which ich I still use on Gravon and which I used in the past on Meta.

I would appreciate if Stratego.com prepares an official rule that just one account per player is allowed.

Based on this rule all players, who likes to act legal, can file their nicknames in this topic, with a clear statement about which nick has to be deleted. 

In the case of Max Roelofs I can imagine that Max likes to proceed with the name Maxroelofs and the other two names can be deleted.

Regarding players, who doesn't like to meet this rule actively, the Management of this site can probably prepare a list of nicknames sorted by IP with a request for information to be send to the player. 

In the end real cheaters always find their own illegal solutions, but it would help if legal acting players will help to clean up the database. 

greetzzzzz

Lenno Veerman

#3 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

This is my only account.

#4 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

When it comes to beautiful women, I have numerous accounts and thousands of documented glorious escapades (we truly cannot blame the females for flinging themselves so recklessly at me, beloved fans) that would drive most of you nerds into epileptic seizures. You think you would like to, but trust me, you couldn't handle it.

When it comes to stratego, I use the same name that has been kicking the holy, ever living piss out of you nerds for more than a decade; arguably the most beloved stratego player ever, King Sadi. Now behave yourselves and form a straight line for second place. We all know who the best player is, don't we? Lets be honest with ourselves and move forward, shall we?

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:29 AM

You stay classy Sadistic.  Perhaps very soon some of the players on this site will beat you and their won't be no "misclicks"

#6 Herodreamer79

Herodreamer79

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

i'd tell you my accounts, but then i'd have to kill you.

I'm not a good enough player here for you to worry about anyway (I'm a sub-400 ELO player)

I have a separate name...so I can discuss open strategy without everyone who visits the forum using it against me.

it's hard enough to win.

#7 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

I've got just one account which is HardRain_Lenny.

This is the same name, which ich I still use on Gravon and which I used in the past on Meta.

I would appreciate if Stratego.com prepares an official rule that just one account per player is allowed.

Based on this rule all players, who likes to act legal, can file their nicknames in this topic, with a clear statement about which nick has to be deleted. 

In the case of Max Roelofs I can imagine that Max likes to proceed with the name Maxroelofs and the other two names can be deleted.

greetzzzzz

Lenno Veerman

HRL, I haven't looked at the official website rules in a long time.  Tonight when I went to go to them, the links to them do not work any more.  The so-called "General Forum Rules" topic that is pinned has none of the official site rules that one used to be able to find, which are now unavailable.  Nevertheless, I did find an answer to your repeated question about site rules here:

http://www.stratego....rms-conditions/

This is not the same rules that used to exist and are now not available, which I think were more clear about the issue of multiple accounts.  Nonetheless, under section 3.2 above you will see the site does say that multiple accounts are banned here.  

I copy it here:

3. Rules of the game

4.1 General rules. For each Stratego variant Stratego has defined rules that you must obey. Stratego will determine whether you satisfy the conditions.

3.2 No unfair practices. You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage.

3.3. Offensive account names. Users must refrain from registering offensive usernames. Whether a username is offensive will be determined by Stratego. If your username is deemed offensive, Stratego retains the right to close or suspend your account.

3.4 Automated playing. The use of machines, computers, software, scripts or any other mechanical, macro, automated or programmed methods is prohibited.

3.5 Violations. Violation of the rules or any other acts in breach of the General Conditions may result in exclusion from further participation in the Game and in non-payment of obtained Battle Coins.

Why the old rules page is gone, I do not know.

Gary

• HardRain_Lenny likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#8 lolecho

lolecho

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hi all,

I will follow the example of Maxroelofs. I have two accounts: lolecho and the most recent one The Zorro.

Gary, if I have to delete one of them, I wouldn't have any problem. Please advise me if I have to.

Thanks

Kind regards

Manuel

#9 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

its better to all delete our second acounts if we all do i agree with it 

i will play open book np

razorblade 811

dutchkillers the acound that will allways be my main acound 792

tansifer 789

man-on-fire 757 

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#10 Original_Eagle

Original_Eagle

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Can a player delete one's own account or only an administrator?

#11 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

Lolecho and O_E, I believe it has been stated that we cannot delete our own accounts at this time, only admins can do that upon your request to them. 

Can the Moderators chime in on this question?  

I think we need this ability to delete our own accounts if we desire.  If we could delete our own accounts it would go a long way toward cleaning up the second account problems.  Once people were honest enough to fess up to the names of their second accounts anyone could see whether they had done so at 

http://game.stratego...html?leagueid=1

or 

http://game.stratego...html?leagueid=2

Gary

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#12 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

How about IF the site can have it one account per player, then they have option if they wish to reset their rating/stats on their own? Some players have made other accounts in hopes to get a better start on a new name.

#13 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

At Metaforge they had the option to reset win/loss record, and also to change one's name (all name changes were published in the forum).  These two things I think would reduce the incentive to create a new account.  I would be opposed to players resetting their rating points, since then ratings would not be related to skill level and the number of points awarded for a win or deducted for a loss would be incorrect and unfair.  It takes at least 75 games for a player to reach his true rating.  Until that time, the ELO system would not produce its intended results. 

#14 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Sohal

Cosinus

Sinus

were are the admins here ? where is their last post ?

#15 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

I am in the process of getting my 2 accounts merged into one. My other screen name is wft6789.

Wuf!

#16 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

come guys more of you can thell your second acounts

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#17 Jens14

Jens14

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

jensneuij and jens14 are my two accounts.

#18 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

My other ID is Brainwashed for rated game as this name for social games and taking care of site business.

#19 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,453 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

EDIT 1/11/2014

Recently I play except my main account only with one alias account : great - alexander mostly for friendly games with some new friends (i can not see them or invite them with my main account) and I have stopped use all the other accounts - aliases since my initial post last July.

#20 leppie

leppie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

this is my only acount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users