General Nollij

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

I really don't care if you ban me or not. I'm not sure I am going to play here anymore, anyway ...

This site sucks dick, period.

...being a real man is more important than having a high ranking in stratego. 

Put your money where your clearly overactive mouth is, and leave. Be a "real man", and back up your words with actions.

#22 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

Put your money where your clearly overactive mouth is, and leave. Be a "real man", and back up your words with actions.

I will choose to do as I please and will not fall victim of primitive child psychology, coming from somebody whom I am spotting some 30-40 IQ points. Falling in line and assuming obedience, are the first steps toward becoming a livid Sadi fan, Nollij. May I suggest "baby steps", in this oh, so vital transition of yours?

Feel free to research some of my historic feats, bedding some of the world's most delectable females and proper hero worship should then come naturally for you, as it does most of my fans.

Try to jump too quickly and you will likely be overcome with jealousy and envy. It's not easy coming to terms with another man's unconscionable superstardom. Baby steps, Nullij......one at a time and with cautious deliberation. I have faith in you.

#23 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

Sadi, I believe that your presence on every Stratego website is always a great contribution. 

I'm always laughing about your postings and in none of them I read content against the rules.

So welcome man and hopefully we'll play some games here as well.

Up to now I only won twice, maybe a misclick from you on Stratego.com would help me to improve my score against you.

CU Sadi. Enjoy your time.

• Moriarty likes this

#24 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Thank you, Lenny and I recall you giving me a very hard time in most of those games, so keep up the good work!

#25 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:09 AM

Hi Sadistic, unfortunately this pathetic site is rife with lunatics who have multiple Ids rather than one like you or I since there is no way for them to win otherwise. There is a way to get American style numbers (1=marshal) at the bottom corner if I remember correctly. The only good thing about the site is that you don't have to play the same 5 guys all the time since there are a lot of players here unlike on Gravon. Otherwise, it has no redeeming value whatsoever.

By the way, they will always allow these retards to have multiple Ids because they can get revenue out of them through the purchase of battle coins for each of a given retard's multiple Ids.

Cheers, tp.

I have a history of telling it like it is and am not about to change. These people are abusing the site and that hurts the site a whole lot more than personal attacks and name calling. It is a form of cheating and if I were you, I would focus on that more than somebody who has the balls to confront them.

I really don't care if you ban me or not. I'm not sure I am going to play here anymore, anyway because I have about 10 illegitimate losses and it's the sort of thing that annoys the hell out of me. This is what caused me to quit playing at metaforge. They never got their resume game function working properly and I got tired of losing because of flawed programming.

#26 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hi Sadistic, unfortunately this pathetic site is rife with lunatics who have multiple Ids rather than one like you or I since there is no way for them to win otherwise. There is a way to get American style numbers (1=marshal) at the bottom corner if I remember correctly. The only good thing about the site is that you don't have to play the same 5 guys all the time since there are a lot of players here unlike on Gravon. Otherwise, it has no redeeming value whatsoever.

By the way, they will always allow these retards to have multiple Ids because they can get revenue out of them through the purchase of battle coins for each of a given retard's multiple Ids.

Cheers, tp.

The piece numbers are not the problem but the piece graphics are dreadful. The older pieces had definable uniforms and helmets, which allowed me to clearly identify the pieces. The faces on these newer pieces all look the same to me and the pre-game setup pieces and graphics may as well be in the dark.

I agree that this site sucks but like you said, the site with the better programming, has no players. Go figure.

#27 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

@Napoleon

I'd rather click 200000 times extra instead of losing just one game against an average player and having to hear about it untill end of times because of this stupid remain focus thing

• Sadistic likes this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#28 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Well it looks like those who have been used to other websites prefer move in 2 clicks while those who got used to stratego.com since beginning prefer the 1 click move. Let's other forum members express their oponion and in case there would appear to be a clear majority in favour of a change let's do it. ...i hope also we can all remain pragmatic and do not make a state affair because of miss click.

Napoleon 1er
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#29 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Just make it optional. For those who are used to it, I wouldn't want to take it away from them.

#30 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 701 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

On the focus feature: please make it for users to be able to turn it off.

It really kills play on laptop where one wrong slip of the mouse ends in a moved piece, potentially costing you a won game.

This focus feature is responsible for quite a few of my losses, especially when i just started to play here.

#31 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

Sadistic,

As you have been already informed by The Prof you are kindly asked to read again and approve the forum rules. On this forum any stratego.com registered member can express his opinions and frustrations or make constructive proposals or open any disussion he wishes to share with others. But this is all to be done with appropriate language. Any diffamation, denigration, harassment or the use of any abusive language is prohibited. You have in particular to understand that we have a lot of children and young people who are reading this forum and therefore the language used by all members has to be respectful . This is why I had to hide your post above, (with some regrets because I do really appreciate your talent in rhetoric).

If stratego.com, almost only 2 years after its creation, is growing with a phenomenal success (>160000 accounts created, >1150 forum members, > 200 players online on average) while the other stratego sites are dying, it is mainly because we accept any person interested in stratego without distinction of origin, culture, race, religion, age or stratego skills level. Our random matching system makes it precisely attractive because anybody can be playing against anybody and this system avoides segregation and creation of little groups of elite players who are only playing among themselves thus creating a demotivating factor for any other interested player, from beginner to high skilled.. Our website is also appreciated for its forum which allows for constructive or entertaining exchanges between members while developing and promoting a "world stratego spirit". We do have little problems of software optimization that give raise to hundreds of passionated debates and sometimes very hot discussions on this forum but these little problems (the only big one we had was resolved last year) do not affect our growth . Most of the 160000 accounts here do not make a "state affair"  because of some missclicks. Anyhow admins have implemented some adds since beginning of this year with the objective to generate some revenues and be able to bring some improvements to the software. Let them do their job, have some patience and continue enjoying playing stratego on stratego.com

Napoleon 1er

• HardRain_Lenny likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#32 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

I like the fact that this site does not create a situation where elite players like myself must only play closely ranked competitors or we become unranked. This was a big mistake at Gravon. Before they implemented this rule, I used to play anybody who joined my games. Now I can't do that so how are less skilled/experienced players going to get any better?

From what I can tell at this point, this site needs;

1. American piece option like Gravon has
2. Setup editor should be better and easier to see
3. Fix the piece click problem. It's simply not as foolproof.
4. Put an end to aliases
5. We should be able to save more than 3 setups

#33 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

...this is already much more constructive, thank you

Napoleon 1er

#34 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,443 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

I like the fact that this site does not create a situation where elite players like myself must only play closely ranked competitors or we become unranked. This was a big mistake at Gravon. Before they implemented this rule, I used to play anybody who joined my games. Now I can't do that so how are less skilled/experienced players going to get any better?

From what I can tell at this point, this site needs;

1. American piece option like Gravon has There is this option but needs to spend some battle coins http://i.imgur.com/4fwoV6V.png
2. Setup editor should be better and easier to see First time  someone complains about that. Have you visit recently an oculist ? :) 
3. Fix the piece click problem. It's simply not as foolproof. We will put your request  in the list.
4. Put an end to aliases We try very hard to find solution for that
5. We should be able to save more than 3 setups You are able , but as 1. you need to spend some battle coins. I have about 35 slots for set up.

KARAISKAKIS

#35 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

1. Those are not american pieces.
2. If I would receive for everytime I've complained about the editor, you guys would have to implement a diamong league by now (nice rip off from Blizzard btw).
3. About time.
4. Whatever you do, probably won't work.
5. We can not remove the two shitty default setups we are given, can we?

#36 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

About the choice of the pieces:
I agree that it could be good to have a larger selection of pieces. In particular if we could have alternatives to all these non smiling severe faces, it may add fun to the game.
...my instinct tells me that if instead of having "blue army against red army" we would have an option "blonds against browns" and if we ask sadistic for a proposal we may get a good alternative...lol

Napoleon 1er
  • HardRain_Lenny likes this

#37 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Gravon offers traditional American pieces as an option and for me, they are the easiest to decipher from one piece value to another.

#38 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

I nearly lost another game because of the god awful programming that moves the unintended piece. This dreadful feature needs to be top priority, followed by suspensions of Sohal and Hielco, for using aliases. If I have American pieces and the allowance of 10 saved setups (you have to figure that Sohal will scout at least 8 of them with his multitude of aliases), I shall thrash those two out of the top spots, anyway.

#39 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

Sadistic, until the site does make the allowance of one name per account a rule, there will be no suspending of anyone.  How can the site suspend or ban someone for having more than one name when they have/had more than one them themselves?  A former programmer who was the head programmer told me it wasn't an issue to him and apparently the others felt that way.  With new faces and changes in the site admin, the Moderator Team will make an effort to convince the heads of this site that multiple screen names is unfair and can't be allowed.   

If the site does decide to go one account per user, then I would recommend a mass reset of ratings would be needed to assure that everyone is equal again and no one can accuse someone of being on one name that unfairly got to where they were at for using multiple names.  

#40 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

wat kan die gast zeuren zeg ongelofelijk (sadistic) als je deze site niets vind dan ga je toch weg weer een zeur piet minder.

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users