Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

Beloved fans and fellow stratego players, I don't suspect that you enjoy being humiliated by a grotesquely superior player and thus, I would like to suggest immediate forfeits on your part once our games commence. Most players here know me well and recognize the futility in the risk and inevitable famine which takes place in games against me.

One other suggestion; hold on to your women and don't you dare allow them to sneak a peek at me, unless you want them out of your life and don't send your overweight hags my way. Only the best will do for King Sadi, so behave and restrain those battle hounds that you call "wives".

#2 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

Hi Sadi, welcome to our site!  I’m glad you found us.  It’s always good to add another top level player to the mix.  I see you brought your attitude as well.  :) 

The Prof  (Xerxes from Metaforge)

• Moriarty likes this

#3 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

Well I have about 5 illegitimate losses already. Sometimes the piece moves in the wrong direction (missed taking a marshall with a spy one time because of it) and I also had two losses from walking away from the keyboard when somebody came to my door (yes, a hot female on both occasions) and I got distracted. It happened tonight, in fact, before I even took my first move. I think this site should void such outcomes when the result occurs before a move is made. Hell, even meta does not score games that end before 10 moves are made.

The site should also add the American pieces. It's like I am playing blind because I am not familiar with these new pieces and they all look the same to me. Only being able to save 3 setups, is also bogus. Why so many players choose this site, is beyond me. The other one has far better programming (not meta).

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

There's a solid debate on whether to allow some measure of opponent choosing on the site.  Many have a desire not to play certain players for various reasons.  The downside with any such ability is cherry picking and less than true rankings.  Your desire to not have a game count that has not had, say, 10 moves would be the perfect tool to cherry pick one's opponents because all one would have to do is not move 11 times and then the game wouldn't even count.  And people who wanted to be jerks would enjoy making their opponents wait until the 5 minute buffer clock ran down because it wouldn't hurt them at all to do so.  

Smart matching by the computer is still the best answer, I believe.

As for pieces that look the same I can only feel you mean the "Authentic" pieces because they certainly look very confusingly similar to me.  And if that's the case then you must've spent 200 battle coins to buy them.  The basic ones are free and you might like them better.  If you have any battle coins left, you can buy more setups and get more than 3.  But yes, if you simply want to flip your setup that's going to count as a separate setup on this site.  

Gary

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#5 Herodreamer79

Herodreamer79

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

im so tired of playing against shuffle players.

the game drags on for an hour because they wont attack.. .and I get sick of being the one who has to do everything or else the game never ends.

#6 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

I am not familiar with the silliness of "battle coins", nor am I going to pay money to have more than 3 setups when I can play elsewhere with better looking pieces and have a plethora of setups at no cost. The other site also does not have the problem that this site has, with the pieces moving the wrong direction or the wrong piece moving.

Perhaps management of this site should pool all the money they are charging and get some better programmers to fix it. This site has one thing going for it and only one thing; lots of players are here. Why? The hell if I know.

#7 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

@ Sadistic

Hi man. I played the last 4 weeks more than 200 games on Stratego.com and I fully agree with you.

From a technical Stratego perspective, Gravon is superior compared with Stratego.com.

To improve this website, it's necessary to:

* implement the ISF anti chase rules (especially the more square rule)

* implement ISF timer feature

* improve the way of moving pieces. I misclicked several times, so I lost a valuable piece by moving it into wrong direction.

* freedom in choosing and refusing opponents

* overview of matches, which have been played in history with sort function by opponent

* elimination of double aliasses, which are influencing ranking system. Sohal and S-NL are blocking off top 100 by using so many nicknames, that even King Sadi is not able to enter top 100 Silver lol.

* save more setups without paying

* create overview full ranking

* watch other games

The advantages of Stratego.com are a better use of the forum with very good postings about strategy etc.

Probably Stratego.com has a better look than Gravon, which looks a bit outdated. 

And last but not least.............a lot of players here............I believe that Jumbo has branded the name Stratego on the internet, which takes care that an online player can find Stratego.com very easily.

#8 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

Good post, Lenny. It figures that Sohal has violated the system in order to get a high ranking. LOL....it's laughable. He always does something unethical to artificially boost his ranking. In my games against him, he has needed to resort to lotto and scouting my setups beforehand to get an edge or win. In fair games, he has fallen prey and been routed badly and this is why he does the things he does; pathetic, to say the least. If you play Sohal and then play me, you will easily see who the better player is and who wins by merely taking notes and doing other gay things. What can we expect from a frenchy?

Gravon has far better programming than this site but they banned too many key players in the past, including me and it has come back to bite them in the buttocks. There was a time there when I would post up a glorious thread and they would have 200 views the first day, ensuing mayhem, sexually enflamed and aroused females and even a few house fights within a week, all as a result of my masterpiece thread. Nowadays, I don't even bother. It's a shame because the game programming there is spot on.

Who is S-NL? There should not be any aliases allowed.

#9 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Irrespective of the fact that Sohal is a very good player and that making notes is illegal live, but legal on Webstratego, things have to be changed here indeed and especially in programming. It's a pity that Jumbo didn't include a lot of recommendations given by players with a lot of game experience live and / internet. 

Adjusting software will cost a lot of more money than a great setting up just from the start. 

By the way: 

S-NL is abbreviation of Satan-NL, which is a rather obscure nickname used by hielco (Metaforge).

As far as I can see from studying the ranking and the forum, hielco is ranked three times. 

Fortunately Max Roelofs started a separate topic regarding this issue .

#10 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Somebody needs to tell these two queers and anybody else who is doing this crap, that being a real man is more important than having a high ranking in stratego. No wonder neither of their countries can put together a good military. Their cultures have no backbone and the French, in particular, should be attempting to improve their reputation for being international leg pissers and table duckers. Sohal is doing his part to propagate this gruesome reputation of his countrymen, that is for sure.

LMAO.

#11 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

I just had another loss today without making a single turn. I guess this is one way to beat me.....about one of the only ways.

#12 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

I just had another loss just now from 2 times that the piece moved the wrong direction. This site sucks dick, period.

#13 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Sadistic,

to avoide misclick I always put the cursor of my mouse either on a lake or outside the gameboard as soon as I have played my turn and bring the mouse on the piece I want to move only when it is my turn and after having decided what to move. On this website if you want to move the same piece that you just moved the turn before it is already selected (and highlighted with arrows showing the directions where you can move) so you don't need to click twice but only once. If you want to move another piece then you have to click twice, first click to select the piece and second click to move it.

Napoleon 1er

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#14 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Sadistic,

You are new to the site so you get a pass this time, but at our Forum we do not tolerate insults to someone’s ethnicity or nationality, nor do we allow profanity in Forum posts.  Feel free to express your opinion in the entertaining way that you typically do, but you'll need to avoid the type of personal attack you made above.

http://forum.strateg...nd-forum-rules/

• maxroelofs likes this

#15 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Sadistic,

to avoide misclick I always put the cursor of my mouse either on a lake or outside the gameboard as soon as I have played my turn and bring the mouse on the piece I want to move only when it is my turn and after having decided what to move. On this website if you want to move the same piece that you just moved the turn before it is already selected (and highlighted with arrows showing the directions where you can move) so you don't need to click twice but only once. If you want to move another piece then you have to click twice, first click to select the piece and second click to move it.

Napoleon 1er

Sorry but that is not good enough when there are two other sites that are more user friendly. Thanks for the effort. Like I said, programming needs to be improved here. It has the volume of players but that will change if the quality is not up to par.

#16 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Sadistic,

You are new to the site so you get a pass this time, but at our Forum we do not tolerate insults to someone’s ethnicity or nationality, nor do we allow profanity in Forum posts.  Feel free to express your opinion in the entertaining way that you typically do, but you'll need to avoid the type of personal attack you made above.

http://forum.strateg...nd-forum-rules/

I have a history of telling it like it is and am not about to change. These people are abusing the site and that hurts the site a whole lot more than personal attacks and name calling. It is a form of cheating and if I were you, I would focus on that more than somebody who has the balls to confront them.

I really don't care if you ban me or not. I'm not sure I am going to play here anymore, anyway because I have about 10 illegitimate losses and it's the sort of thing that annoys the hell out of me. This is what caused me to quit playing at metaforge. They never got their resume game function working properly and I got tired of losing because of flawed programming.

#17 7up

7up

Scout

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

... I have about 10 illegitimate losses ...

All the excuses make you look like a ♥♥♥♥♥

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,572 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

The "missclicks" are most likely caused by the fact that pieces remain focus, which is extremely annoying. I seriously don't understand why we can't turn this ******** feature off

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#19 Sadistic

Sadistic

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

All the excuses make you look like a ♥♥♥♥♥

It's a fact, homo and the site should be aware that such things are annoying and can result in players leaving the site.

Nortrom is exactly right. I have a misclick in every game and sometimes it costs me the game.

#20 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Sorry but that is not good enough when there are two other sites that are more user friendly. Thanks for the effort. Like I said, programming needs to be improved here. It has the volume of players but that will change if the quality is not up to par.

...well it's all a question of personal preference. Personnally I started playing stratego on this website here and got used and familiarized since beginning with the "single" click to move a piece ... and it's all fine for me, I don't remember making missclicks. Then I tried gravon just to see what the others are doing and as i was not at all familiar with the need to click a piece twice to make it move I was always pissed off with that "absolutely not user-friendly" moving procedure. All in all I believe having to click only once is definitely more user-friendly than having to click twice ... but it's all personal opinion ... think that for somebody who is playing 1000 stratego games in a year at an average of 200 moves each this means that with double clicks you are making on average 200000 unnecessary clicks in a year. At one second per click this is like more than 50 hours ... think about what you could have done more during these additional 50 hours .... in particular if you think to all these nice creatures that are ringing at your door as you mentionned above!... ;)

Napoleon 1er

• --Wogomite-- and HardRain_Lenny like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users