Hi man. I played the last 4 weeks more than 200 games on Stratego.com and I fully agree with you.
From a technical Stratego perspective, Gravon is superior compared with Stratego.com.
To improve this website, it's necessary to:
* implement the ISF anti chase rules (especially the more square rule)
* implement ISF timer feature
* improve the way of moving pieces. I misclicked several times, so I lost a valuable piece by moving it into wrong direction.
* freedom in choosing and refusing opponents
* overview of matches, which have been played in history with sort function by opponent
* elimination of double aliasses, which are influencing ranking system. Sohal and S-NL are blocking off top 100 by using so many nicknames, that even King Sadi is not able to enter top 100 Silver lol.
* save more setups without paying
* create overview full ranking
* watch other games
The advantages of Stratego.com are a better use of the forum with very good postings about strategy etc.
Probably Stratego.com has a better look than Gravon, which looks a bit outdated.
And last but not least.............a lot of players here............I believe that Jumbo has branded the name Stratego on the internet, which takes care that an online player can find Stratego.com very easily.