Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm all for your idea Demolay having a watcher/admin coming to your game. Question I have to ask is: Is it feasible for the programmers to somehow have watchers come to a game? I'm just concerned this may cause more headaches with programming glitches than solving the chasing problem.

#22 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I did come up with a program solution and posted the idea on the forums. You can access this idea and vote for the anti-chase system by going to the link below:

http://forum.strateg...chase-system/

Having a mod or admin watch over any problematic match, is going to be too much to handle. The software needs to be able to catch people in the act and do something about it, immediately. Otherwise, you would need a lot of staff members, (IE Watchers) to deal with unsportsmen like behavior, which really isn't a realistic approach.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#23 DeMolay

DeMolay

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I just played OKO... same thing as justin hayward... with teh exception... he keeps offering draw after every move..... so any experience with this guy? or was I a one case thing?

#24 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I have also played OKO, but I do not remember if he or she cheats.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#25 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I've played today my first game after a week but after some time the player send me draw and pause requests cause he was losing. Happy i know now that i must not click anything. That's no fun stratego play so it seems i need to take a longer break again :)

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#26 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

It's a pain in the ♥♥♥ waiting that 30 seconds, but they have to wait too. It is now a battle of will, who can last longer. I tried my suggestion last night when someone who is not on this list tried it and after a few times he finally gave up and left game.

#27 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm gonna complain about a guy who actually didn't cheat.
He was a bronze major called Greek Army and to be honest, it was one of the easiest victories ever.
The guy lost his marsh, general, colonel and major in a row so no big deal.....
but what happens next?
First of all : I don't get any points for the victory (a bronze major is 5 or 6 points as a marshall) but that's probably a bug. (update : did get them after i logged out and in again, bug new lay out issues?)
Second : the most important : this guy seemed so upset and angry that he decided to ask in the general room if there was any player that could hack my ip-account. He would reward 500 euro for that.

Because I can't copy the text from the chat, I have Vowles-23 as a wittness.
He saw the text on the screen.

This is just totally unacceptable.
And I do got a bride sense of humor but com' on? :P
I've had the stalkings and death threats already,....and now this...
what a BS :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#28 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, he's probably just some kid or something, but still unacceptable imo. I saw it.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#29 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Surfohio chased me for about 15 minutes. He was down his 10 and he was chasing my last 3. He eventually gave up and let me win.

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#30 cableinggg

cableinggg

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

To The Top tried to draw glitch me 1 game. He finally gave up after a while, but he spammed the draw button over and over.

#31 justinhayward

justinhayward

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Worst ever case was JustinHayward - had high piece on the board and chased me for 30 minutes while taunting me via chat saying "I can do this all night long" and "eventually, you'll have to go to work", etc. It was mid-to-late in the game so I eventually had to make a read on his bomb pattern and go for it and thankfully, my read was spot-on as I slalomed around his bombs and "lotto'd" all of his pieces to the point that I had an overwhelming piece count advantage and ultimately the victory.

Of course I let him have it via chat after the game and he reported me to the admins - lmao :D. I even got a nasty email from the admins but I set the record straight when I told them the whole story.

Spiff

Spiff, you must tell the truth and nothing but the truth. The admins will read your chat and if I was the wrong one, I would have got a nasty mail. So explain to us all, why you got the mail from admins and I should be the unfair one.

#32 justinhayward

justinhayward

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm gonna complain about a guy who actually didn't cheat.
He was a bronze major called Greek Army and to be honest, it was one of the easiest victories ever.
The guy lost his marsh, general, colonel and major in a row so no big deal.....
but what happens next?
First of all : I don't get any points for the victory (a bronze major is 5 or 6 points as a marshall) but that's probably a bug. (update : did get them after i logged out and in again, bug new lay out issues?)
Second : the most important : this guy seemed so upset and angry that he decided to ask in the general room if there was any player that could hack my ip-account. He would reward 500 euro for that.

Because I can't copy the text from the chat, I have Vowles-23 as a wittness.
He saw the text on the screen.

This is just totally unacceptable.
And I do got a bride sense of humor but com' on? :P
I've had the stalkings and death threats already,....and now this...
what a BS :)

Trickz, do not only complain about other players but tell evryone how unfair you really are. You call me a cheater,but look in the mirror and be honest. You cheat, you chase, you do all the draw asking.

#33 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Justin, that is no good my friend. I have played Trickz many times and not once have I seen him cheat.

But, all is fair and ill throw his name on the list. I will have to vote no on him cheating so it looks like it is a tie. Unless someone else wants to complain about Trickz or defend him, then we could all assume he does NOT cheat as of now.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#34 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Trickz, do not only complain about other players but tell evryone how unfair you really are. You call me a cheater,but look in the mirror and be honest. You cheat, you chase, you do all the draw asking.

that is so true justin he is a cheat im telling you , so i guess i will vote him as a cheat :)
and i vote justinhayward as not a cheat :)
  • justinhayward likes this

#35 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Justin, you really are pathetic..............I've played you 1 single time in all those months!!
1 single time!!! And you lost that one....by far!!! Unbelievable, go fck yourself, I can't stand this lie.
There are more people saying that you are a pathetic chaser btw and it's not even coming from me but you dare to call me a cheater while I played you 1 time only????? Not a single person here says I'm a cheater.

And the comment of bboys2012 is really ridiculous, he just can't stand the last time he lost...AGAIN(with a fake account as well, silence 321, bronze major).

There is no fckn' way I deserve to be on that list.

Enough said about this, my blood is boiling. I'm really in the mood to bash some heads in.

Fck this crap

#36 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Liar. I never called you a cheater moron. Spiff did,.....and a bunch of other players.
U're a disgrace.

#37 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Played today my first game with trickz. When i captured his 10 in a tensive game he surrendered. Looks like me he is one of the few sportive players that surrenders when they see it's hard to win. So to me he looks not a cheater.

Secondly i find that the tone of this topic goes more to accuse people from bad behaviour, even when it's not. I already warned for it but seems it's going this way unfortunately. Looks like me this is not the intention of this forum. Would it not make more sense if we discuss about possibilities how to improve this game, instead of accussing each other?
  • Midnightguy likes this

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#38 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

fine last topic about that stupid loser trickz i do not have a fake account that is all my wins and loses without my brothers that are 8 and 5 on my username bboys2012 . what a temper , oh you poor thing i hope your mommy is there to give you some warm milk :D

#39 §ilence321

§ilence321

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

i am going to vote for SS as a cheater so that makes five votes againts him
Posted Image

#40 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Trickz, chill out a bit. It seems you have problems with some of the members, but look, you had 2 people back you up saying you are not a cheater. I’ll bet you anything that someone that doesn’t like me would want to throw my name on the list. Just keep it cool and allow people to say what they need to say. I know what they are saying is not true, and you have Lord_AvS backing you up as well.

Let them lie if they want, it will just prove in the end that they are liars. As of now, you are at 0 so again, there are not enough people against you. Try to hold that anger back a little bit, because these guys want you to get upset to get a reaction out of you.

HmmNess
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users