HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I am creating this post to prove a point for the time being. I am sick of people cheating by using the Chase method and the Draw Glitch method. Since there is no software code to deal with this problem as of yet, I wish to expose the cheaters on these forums. All those who wish to participate may do so freely. Please keep your posts clean and respectful.

Since we have no real evidence to expose those who cheat, we will all need to speak up about our experiences with cheaters.

Types of Cheaters:
<< Chaser >>
Chasers move back and forth while resting adjacent to an enemy piece that cannot be captured. The enemy piece continues to dodge the Chaser, while the Chaser chases the enemy piece. This can go on forever if either player doesn’t give in.

@-- Draw Glitcher --@
Draw Glitchers spam on the draw button when they are losing. This will cause a pop up window to appear on your screen. This cheat can be really annoying and you might accidently press the accept button while you are trying to move a piece. I have also heard complaints about game freezing while someone uses this type of cheat. Your screen will be frozen as you watch your buffer time run out which will gain you a loss. This cheat can also go on forever if either player doesn’t give in.

HmmNess
  • ***VALKYRIE*** likes this
Posted Image

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

In my experience, I have played SS and he chases constantly. I also just played Spion1970 and he chased me all game while being disrespectful.

SS – Chaser
Spion1970 – Chaser

HmmNess
Posted Image

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Haven't faced either of these players yet so I'm not able to vote, but you should have a 2nd question. "If the majority of the voters agrees if either of these players are guilty, should we ban them or reset their rating?" You know I would vote to reset rating if I had a vote here.

#4 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Worst ever case was JustinHayward - had high piece on the board and chased me for 30 minutes while taunting me via chat saying "I can do this all night long" and "eventually, you'll have to go to work", etc. It was mid-to-late in the game so I eventually had to make a read on his bomb pattern and go for it and thankfully, my read was spot-on as I slalomed around his bombs and "lotto'd" all of his pieces to the point that I had an overwhelming piece count advantage and ultimately the victory.

Of course I let him have it via chat after the game and he reported me to the admins - lmao :D. I even got a nasty email from the admins but I set the record straight when I told them the whole story.

Spiff
  • Midnightguy, NSquared and Lt. Jones like this

#5 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Ah yes, another name i remember. Thx for that Spiff. JustinHayward is indeed a chaser.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#6 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I want to report a player as well.
What an annoying piece of s.....that is!
The name is Pau and he kept on chasing like a mad man.
He immediately went for the lottery charge and when we trade off our pieces and I detected his captain, I wanted to kill it with the major and I know he was stuck on my left side.
The problem was that there was a captain in front of the major so he wanted to commit suicide and like this, he still had a lieutenant and two sergeants lead.
So giving the captain was not an option but he wouldn't stop chasing me.
There was nothing I could do so I offered him a draw. He accepted this immediately.
If he didn't do that, then I kept on moving my captain away non-stop and he would not stop chasing it.
It didn't cost me any points, it was a zero operation......but perhaps it's a bug and maybe the next game it will count as a loss when I win. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens because it's happened before.
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#7 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

i have no one to report but i will be looking . ive played many people that are cheats but i cant remember there names , oh well i will see them again, i think one of them is shadylady but im not sure

#8 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Shadylady is a cheater?
Looooooooooooooooool,...she's a sergeant just like you, not even on the ladders.
And trust me,...I've played her many times and I always won.

#9 Spece

Spece

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I find the public pillory not good ! This goes beyond the target !!!

sorry
Posted Image

#10 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I agree with you Spece. This isn't the way how we have to deal with chaser/cheaters. First of all it's a fault of the software this is possible. Cause people see this they just want to try out or get some points back cause somebody cheated them as well. Further this topic isn't reliable cause it's relies only on the reports of players. People can get unfair reported cause somebody dislikes them.

To remind you all, all our stats have already been cleaned once after a game update which fixed a lot of freezings. So why wouldn't that happen again when the developers fixed most of the bugs. In my opinion that would be fair cause the current ratings have sometimes heavy fluctuated by bugs (positively or negatively).

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#11 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

This is not just about calling out names. We are trying to find multiple people who have found the same person to cheat over and over. Just having 1 vote doesn't mean anything. Hell, you can throw my name on that list if you wish, but 1 vote doesn't prove much. We need multiple witnesses to point out the same player in order to figure out if the player is actually cheating or not. I mean, how else should we deal with this problem? Something has to be said and something has to be done. If nothing is done, people that cheat will continue to cheat since there are no consequences.

I tell people when and how they are cheating in game and constantly I hear this statement: "Well, other players do it to me and get away with it, so I'm going to do it to you." or I'll hear, "Well, the rules are not applied to this website yet, so I will just continue to do it. I have all day."

If you guys can come up with a better solution to this problem, I am all ears. If you don't like the topic, that is fine with me. But, I would really appreciate some community support on this issue. This issue has been affecting everyone for some time.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#12 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

I really think there should be a line between attempts to cheat and calling names.
They're both human reactions,....but calling names is something which I can understand.
And if you do that too much, the player will be punished anyway because you simply get thrown out of the game.
Too much hearts on the screen,....byebye :)
So for me that's not really the problem,....maybe it is a problem but the main problem are the chasers and cheaters.

#13 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

I agree with Spece and Lord. As I said on a previous post I made a few days ago about "Personal attacks", we could run into accusing people who aren't cheaters and just dragging people's name in the mud. Some players may call someone a cheater just because they were mad they lost a game to them. I was hoping this post would have just been related to only the two players SS and Spoin1970 since many people have called them out in the past. Now people are just coming out and saying "So and so it a cheater" We need to avoid this type of posts in here, and hope that this site will address and correct the bugs that they are taking advantage of to win a game.

I would like to recommend in the future, if there is issues with a player perhaps cheating in a game, that person should write a report to the site admin. If the admin gets enough complaints about that player then appropriate action should be taken.

However, talking about SS in this and other posts has brought out a valid question "What to do if they are indeed cheating and what action should be taken by the site admin."

#14 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Add Daninho to this stellar list - not only a chasing piece of crap but also a draw request spammer when he's being crushed. I used the 'do nothing' approach to the spamming requests as suggested on the forum and luckily my game didn't freeze up like against that jerk SS. Daninho is another classless individual who should be publically humiliated!

Spiff

#15 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Glad that worked out spaceman, usually when I see that come up I just wait before I reply or just do nothing.

#16 MasterYoda

MasterYoda

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hi all,

Thank you to the creator and admin site to make freely available to the player and I hope it will never change, I would like to bring one more vote against the player and SS SSyo aillor which are one and single player. SS to use against me when I had a clear advantage of a technique that is cheating he offered me a draw then a pause constantly and in the end I could not play at all and I lost to time. ..

sorry for my English I use google translate Approximate because my language is French

good luck to all in your future battle (unless you're playing against me ;-)

:rolleyes:

No! No different. Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned

#17 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Votre langue Anglaise est vraiment drôle.
Mais si tu veux t'exprimer en Français, tu peux le faire sans problèmes.

Master Yoda, prend la force avec toi! B)

#18 Lt. Jones

Lt. Jones

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Worst ever case was JustinHayward - had high piece on the board and chased me for 30 minutes while taunting me via chat saying "I can do this all night long" and "eventually, you'll have to go to work", etc. It was mid-to-late in the game so I eventually had to make a read on his bomb pattern and go for it and thankfully, my read was spot-on as I slalomed around his bombs and "lotto'd" all of his pieces to the point that I had an overwhelming piece count advantage and ultimately the victory.

Of course I let him have it via chat after the game and he reported me to the admins - lmao :D. I even got a nasty email from the admins but I set the record straight when I told them the whole story.

Spiff

I had the same experience with this player, he was in a losing position and he pressed the whole time on the pause and draw button. Finally I was forced to draw, he also intimidates me. Stratego is just for fun guys, what happened to the fair play???

#19 DeMolay

DeMolay

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I played JustinHayward once and he chased me for obver 10 min until I gave up and surrendered the game. SS chased me a lot. I would understand (but not accept) a loww rabking player to chase but one like SS was a big surprise to me.
I have a suggestion for this problem, but I wonder if the website has the resources for this, especially it is an almost free site.
My suggestion would be whenever anyone faces a chaser, he would report it right away in the chat room (while still in the game), and if it happens that any of the moderators is available, the moderator will have the opportunity to access the game in play, and if the Claim is correct, the moderator would make the chaser lose the game.
After all, it is strategy game, and one wants to enjoy the game itself and enjoy the intelligent strategies in play, and not only the victory or defeat (although Victory is a great incentive). I hope this helps for a more enjoyable environment.
DM

#20 cotton

cotton

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Er zijn er die dit topic afkeuren.
Wel,ik ben een grote voorstander.Want deze spelers maken het spel kapot!
Ik kan mij de namen niet meer herinneren van de spelers die mij dit in het verleden al hebben gelapt.
Maar ik was juist het slachtoffer van moneymax.

Ik denk dat dit wel is op te lossen in de software.
Wanneer je last hebt van een chaser zou er een knop moeten zijn.Als je er op duwt,telt het spel de stappen van uw pion en van uw tegenstander.
Na een bepaald aantal keren (25 of 30 keer)is het niet meer mogelijk dat uw tegenstander achter u aankomt.
Dan duurt het nog wel lang maar je weet dat er een eind aan komt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users