SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I was handily beating SS in my game when he started spamming me with draw and pause requests - I kept declining and then my game eventually froze up and I couldn't move any of my pieces as I watched the buffer count down until I got the the defeat and lost 16 points to this bad sportsman!!!

This has been a known problem on this site as I recall and SS is well known for his poor behavior. The pause and/or draw buttons need to be disabled until you figure out a way that horrible sportsmen like SS can't game the bugs to get wins when they should be defeats.

Game occurred today at 4:40 US Central time.

Please respond as I am losing confidence in playing on this site if I am to continue to be manipulated by bad players without a suitable fix

Spiff

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Spiff I feel your pain. Yes SS is a bad player and there are a few like him that do the same thing as you have stated above. It seems that there is a glitch with the system when you ask for a draw too many times. I know the devs are looking into a way to make it so you can only ask for 3 draws during any 1 game. This would solve the spamming problem. As for now, you have to wait and see what the devs have to say. I have played SS many times and he constantly complains and talks bad about players. I have even caught him lying to the general chat about me and other players such as: Wazzup and Trickz.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#3 Spece

Spece

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

a nickname like SS is not ok - this is my personal opinion - but I think as a German I am very attentive ..... sorry
Posted Image

#4 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

I understand your pain Space. I played also once against SS (months ago) and had a kind of onsportive issue he did with me when i had almost beated him, counting in loss for me. This, and the bugs we sometimes experience, is for me the motivation to play this game only sometimes till those issues are all solved. Unfortunately it all takes longer then expected :(

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#5 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

SS is indeed a "bad behaviour-player" and his nickname is also very doubtfull, especially when he starts speaking about german propaganda war issues in the chatbox, which he did a few times with me.
But he didn't spam with the draw button in my games. I've never had that bug to be honest.
I've had quite some players who did spam me with a draw-request but I was able to decline this every time, even when my opponent proposed it 30 times or more in a game. I've heard about this problem from other players though and the name SS was there several times.
The maximum of 3 draw-and 3 pause-requests in one game would probably solve this issue.

At least I think? :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#6 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Can't you just ban him if he is such a drawback to the community? :rolleyes:

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#7 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Banning people sounds like a good idea, but it will not solve the problem. All you would have to do is create another account. In this issue, only fixing the program will stop people from acting unsportsmen like.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#8 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

I was handily beating SS in my game when he started spamming me with draw and pause requests - I kept declining and then my game eventually froze up and I couldn't move any of my pieces as I watched the buffer count down until I got the the defeat and lost 16 points to this bad sportsman!!!

This has been a known problem on this site as I recall and SS is well known for his poor behavior. The pause and/or draw buttons need to be disabled until you figure out a way that horrible sportsmen like SS can't game the bugs to get wins when they should be defeats.

Game occurred today at 4:40 US Central time.

Please respond as I am losing confidence in playing on this site if I am to continue to be manipulated by bad players without a suitable fix

Spiff

thats the same thing that happened to me i was playing SS like you and right when he made the mistake of attacking my major with his marshal ( because my spy is always behind them) he started asking for a draw every time i took a move

#9 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Banning people sounds like a good idea, but it will not solve the problem. All you would have to do is create another account. In this issue, only fixing the program will stop people from acting unsportsmen like.

HmmNess

IP ban? Or maybe you can implement temporary bans on accounts/IPs that get longer in duration the more times you infringe.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#10 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

How about instead of a ban, the site just resets his ratings? That is far more of a punishment and will discourage others from using this game flaw. I know we don't want to start over policing the game site, but if enough people do present the site with proof of a certain player or players, then this site should take appropriate actions. Since this player SS has avoided many losses by using a flaw to the site, the only appropriate action is indeed reset rating.
  • SpacemanSpiff, MasterYoda and Dinkey like this

#11 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

thats a little to much isnt it i mean hes a general or somthing and that would bring him down all the way to spy . Its to much even for what he does is it possible to bring him down to captain or lieutenant ???

#12 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Well the way I see it, many people were ripped off by this person. Cheating is wrong on any level and the best way to discourage it is, to reset a players rating for taking advantage of a game flaw. Perhaps his real rating is only a captain but, if that is true then he should have no trouble getting back there again without cheating.

#13 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

It is hard to ban people. You must not give them the possibility to take advantage out of bugs into the game. Therefore i think the only solution is to fix the software so that this unsportive behaviour will stop.

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#14 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I agree Lord, banning people won't fix this problem here. Most people who cheat do it because they want to brag about their high rating and put down others who are lower rated. If you really want to stop the cheating and people taking advantage of a bug they perhaps haven't figured out yet, reset their rating and reset their record as well.

#15 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have to agree with you Midnightguy. For now, we can reset their stats and make them start over until the programmers implement anti-cheating / anti-bad sportsmen like behavior to the software.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#16 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

ok , but there is more players that cheat on this site , i can't remember there names at the moment but there's at least ten other players that can do this bug to make the other player loose points

#17 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

bboys2012 is referring to me with his statement,.....lol :P

#18 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

your not the only one
  • MasterYoda likes this

#19 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

looooooooooooooooooool,.......I love it,.....u're the only one on this entire site who claims I'm a cheater
But I don't mind so no stress :P

#20 bboys2012

bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

well the only one that you know