Photo

Autodraw

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Autodraw Poll (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe we need an Autodraw feature? If so how many moves to declare the game a draw (Meaning both sides making a move to count as a move total)?

1. No - It should be up to the players involved to decide when a game should end (13 votes [26.53%])

Percentage of vote: 26.53%

2. Yes - 100 moves (4 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

3. Yes - 200 moves (21 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. Yes - 300 moves (9 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

5. Yes - But I believe it should be a different number of moves not listed here (Explain) (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

Vote

#61 farzad777

farzad777

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

I agree with lucky papa counter should be reseted after pieces being captured and 100 moves is fair for a draw. althought the best way is to have a moderator but i think it is not possible in this site with so many ongoing games . I have lost to games because my opponenet did not aacept draw and wasted time. please do something about this. and it is very inconvinient to report with snapshots.

#62 jensneuij

jensneuij

Scout

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 120 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Neither of the options, there shouldn't be an auto-draw after a number of moves but a better clock system so the game will draw after the game clock runs out of time.

• HardRain_Lenny likes this

#63 HardRain_Lenny

HardRain_Lenny

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Fully agree with Jensneuij.

Glad to read that guys like Jens are coming in with knowledge of how Stratego should work on internet. 

Thx Jens.

#64 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

when will the autodraw after 200 moves be implemented? It has already caused enough irritation.

• GaryLShelton likes this
Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#65 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

it would be nice if you could see how many moves you had left before the draw happens, if say, you hit 20 or 50 moves wout a kill, because sometimes you do have the upper hand its just you need time to make a strategy, and it you do have the upper hand and get autodrawed it would really stink, so it would just be nice to have a heads up, might encourage more game play too

• morgancapecod likes this

#66 farzad777

farzad777

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

yes it has caused a lot of irritation

player  immortal is irritating me now

do something plz

#67 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,218 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Concerning the Autodraw versus a Total Game Clock, I am respectful of those with more game skill than I have, but with King Tubby chiming in there is clearly interest at higher levels for the AutoDraw here.  So I am in the camp rooting for it.  A couple of points I would make are that we should consider a trial period for it, let's say 4 months, and the programmers around to fix any issues that come up during this time.  The lack of programmers seems the key issue here.  Do we even have the ability to implement any changes right now?  

Gary

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#68 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

i guess a potential problem w even 100 moves is that if the player wants to be really annoying he can wait 15 seconds before each move. so perhaps u could also have like a 20 minute timer as well or something

#69 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

You are correct Bmende, but if we fix this where there is an auto draw then we can go to the next stage and have people report stallers for abusive behavior just by showing a handful of screen shots or video showing his move buffer at 1 or 0 every move.  

• bmende likes this

#70 bmende

bmende

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Actually just thought of this and realized a timer would really only complicate things.

Most likely the player wouldnt stall immediately after the last kill, perhaps he stalls 20 moves after the last kill.

In a 200 move setting he has 90 moves left.
90*15=1350
1350/60=22.5 minutes.

That combined w potential 5 minute timer and dc time reaches a max of 30 minutes worst case scenario, but in all probability a stall I dont think would last more than 20 minutes

#71 Desert Oasis

Desert Oasis

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Midnight guy

I see this poll has been open for 4 months now. Have the powers at be reached any decision? Has any programming been completed addressing this issue?

#72 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Well no poll is binding to what the site admin/programmers will decide on.  I created the poll to see what the pubic opinion is on a this matter of auto draw and then we write to the site admin about what the players are wanting.  I have addressed this issue but, there is no clear answer what they plan to do.  

#73 Uberjin

Uberjin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

The game should have an autodrawn feature after 100 moves of shuffling by both players. It guards against either abuse of the game by idiots or those who really don't know how to use the draw button/don't understand english so well.

This lousy idiot player by the name of "bubbers" has well more than 600 games under his belt and despite me repeatedly warning him, he wants to waste my time unnecessarily, hoping that the system crash/my net connection goes and he can get a win from that. This is pathetic. I have already reported him to the draw refusal case abuse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users