willsten

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

the buffer doesn't work for me - i lose time almost every move no matter how fast i move. it makes my games really rushed and stressful. is anyone else experiencing this? is there anything i can do?

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

The buffer is needed, since players could take a long time to move. Perhaps in the future players can host a game and change the buffer time or pre buffer time to their liking. I kind of wish the pre buffer time was decreased to 10 seconds.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

That would be a novel idea Hmmness to allow the players to agree to time of buffer and/or time per moment. Right now that 5 min buffer and 15 seconds per move I think is ideal.

#4 MasterYoda

MasterYoda

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

I also have a problem of buffer, normally everything is fine, but when I go on the internet and in parallel stratego the game begins when I get back to the game my opponent to play but I can not play and I see his buffer time elapse until I lose this bug made ​​me lose a lot of points

sorry for my bad english

Yoda

No! No different. Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned

#5 WyldeIrishman

WyldeIrishman

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

The buffering has cost me two games thus far, and probably inadvertently won me another when my opponent got frustrated with what they perceived at there end of the connection was me takign an interminable amount of time to move my pieces.  As the games progress, my buffer time decreases bit by bit, to the point where the games are simply ruined because they are unable to be completed. In the midst of closely contested, late-stage Stratego, this is simply unacceptable.

#6 Lady Kathryn

Lady Kathryn

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Yes, buffer problems no good.

wc 2010x2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic