• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

oh my god

talk about your lotto xholes

that efn scott of russia is really a efn lotto machine

just goes right down to bottom row with his 1 in opening moves no stopping no scoutting nothing 

same with general.

talk about a bad player he reigns at 489 he can sit in his foul stench forever never making it to even 500.

#42 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

The game itself says "The first to capture the enemy's flag is the winner"

So I guess that is where I'd find the intent. 

• Roondy Moose likes this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#43 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

Well I believe I used my five first, then attacked with my 1 and two nines.  And then my 2 attacked.

I'd also note that I didn't disconnect from the game.  Nor did I hurl a steady stream of obscenity and demeaning nonsense through the chat function.

Good luck.

• morgancapecod likes this

​Spartan Warriors

#44 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

again you don't belong in this game. Go read history books, cause you'll never make a dent in this game.You basically suck.

your "nines" are called scouts. duh!

you swapped scouts nothing more.

we swapped early shit pieces and then you bore down to the 3rd column under the lake and went straight down to the bottom luckily finding a marshall on that 2nd to last row. Next comes the general. None of my pieces move and you head right down to the bottom again going across one piece after another.

#45 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Pure Class.

​Spartan Warriors

#46 Roondy Moose

Roondy Moose

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

I like what scottrussia represents. Without players like him everyone would keep all their bombs on the back 2 rows.
Players need to compose their setups knowing it is possible some heavy pieces might try to come barging in.

Don't get upset with the player; if you want to get upset, get upset with yourself or with the game that allows this.

Love is a losing game.

#47 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

yea i setup up for lotto scott. but he just decided to take the lucky path and wow it paid off for him. next game i will just resign before setting up. save myself the lotto scotto

#48 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

I set myself up perfect for scott and he hit bombs with his big pieces.  He then said he needs to conscript the cossacks and he will be back lol

• Roondy Moose likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#49 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

great game mguy. Its been awhile since we played, but I faintly remember you sending a lot of crappers. I ate all your captains and we swapped 1 set, and after that I marked your marshall when you double backed the 2 with spy/one and took with spy. as you protected your colonel with the marshall after i took your gneral i coughed up my marshall just for that spy information. at that point with the piece lead i had I needed to rid your general off the board. after that i didnt even rush any of your pieces with my corner bottom general cause i figured you would rush back to the marshall so i just let your major come to me that was good work with your coonel and miner on my right side, you managed to swap miners and eat 2 bombs. when you let my piece go in under your bombs with my miner but you had sarge, i just had to figure the piece after the sarge was yet another bomb so i did not burn my major on that bomb.

Classy game, far from the scotto -lotto show.

Thanks

#50 bangna soi 4

bangna soi 4

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

ppl lotto because it's FUN.  most ppl play games to have FUN

trying to be rambo and charging in w/ a knife while playing a game like call of duty is fun
going all-in pre-flop in hold'em with king high is fun
buying bitcoins with 90% of your portfolio is fun
suiciding your marshal is fun

^ all of those are "non-optimal" ideas and easily countered by strong, game-theory based strategies.  no need to complain - just find the correct strategy and beat them.  not everyone is playing to be the next stuyvesant/lightwing/underground - just realize that they're trying to have fun and beat them.  lottoing ups the variance a bit in your games so they're usually pretty close (a lot closer than them trying to play a "normal" game) but you should usually have the edge if you know how to counter it, which ppl say most silver players here can do and that's probably true.

just enjoy your games - whether you're trying to be the next champion or just trying to make everyone here mad lol

#51 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

You missed the part where I said they sure have figured it out.  Waterfall, your not that good and I never said I am good, just that I attack.  Not everyone is a sand-bagger.

Was just searching dude waterfall on the forum, to find this..

Made me LMFAO when a minute before I saw waterfall be the number 4 on the leaderboards.

How did Gaius ever had a 760 ELO when on Napoleons ranking it's not even 600..

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#52 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

I played several times against Montagna4. A this moment (20 march 2014, 15:00 GMT) he has: 

• 9.727 wins
  • 8.579 losses
  • 255 ties
  • Ratio 52,41
  • ELO 521

Because I played him recently he is in my 'Recently met-list' At that time he had an ELO of 479 and about 9.600 wins.

Yesterday his ELO was 643 if I recall it right.

I don't know what he is doing all day (honestly, I do know, he is playing stratego), but it is amazing how this guy or girl is climbing the ladder and is falling down again. He is like a 'jojo'. 

Maxroelofs is always very happy when he gets this opponent  :lol:.

I have to say, last time he wasn't lottoing, but he plays always agressive.

Lucky

Did montagna had a reset?

Last time I played him (january 2014 or something) this dude had well over 40k games

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#53 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

Another lotto player is arts (ELO rating > 750!!!).

Used his General to "scout" a lot of my pieces

#54 noblevillain

noblevillain

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

there are a ton in col-marsh range.. makes it hard sneaking into silver, either that or i just have crappy luck because 50% of the time they lotto my unseen gen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users