I hope these questions relate to other problems which has much more priority than this issue..
The only connection I can make with other problems is the "draw refusal" games and/or endless chasing games.
Other than that, instead of even having thoughts about this, we rather should come to solutions such as:
- Draw refusal (As in, how many turns/time for an auto-draw)
- Disconnect problem in setup time (no return)
- Disconnect problem such as "your oppenent has left" without any notice he actually "left" (timers, messages etc.)
- Disconnect problem such as "shockwave crashes" (can't even put youtube on or it may occur
- Reset of the leaderboards/ranksitters
- Leaving "losers" (they should get an internet pop-up with, leaving this game gives you a loss for example)
As, if there is one thing we've learned over the last year, with every update, we get bugs in return.
- Q1: I voted for 8 seconds.. I think this should be enough, but 10 would be perfect, at times you just need some time to think, anything below is ridiclous
- Q2: I voted to remain this, anything lower than 5 minutes is ridicilous and leave no time to make a set-up.
- Q3: I voted to remain this, 5 min is good enough, think about all "small things" which you don't press pause for..
Kids around, telephone , eating/getting food, ringing doors etc. etc.
At the end of the day, the numbers of players who actually use all time they got, to be unsportsmanship are nihil ever since the draw/pause glitch is gone..
Especially from certain skilllevels.
Having your mind on multiple pieces just takes time..
Those who i've seen complain about certain timers should actually care about their win/loss, step their game up and get to a certain skilllevel..
Running your Marshall/General as fast as possible into the flag or a bomb, ain't what this game is about..
Just try out and experience how much skill and time it takes to keep in track of 4, 5, 6 pieces of your opponent AND keep in mind which pieces on your own side you use as a bluff or something.
No name calling, no (personal) offense, i'm just giving my opinion.