Photo

About all the new connection problems that have appeared after the insertion of the ads.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

About all the new connection problems that have appeared after the insertion of the ads.

It is sure that there is no ability to rejoin the game using the message box which asks you to accept or decline the rejoin.
This box appears if you try to reload the game page of stratego.com for any reason.
After the insertion of ads the program is too heavy so if you want decrease the possibility to have such bugs , my suggestion is first to be sure that you have stable and good connection from your provider and secondly play from a pc with high ram memory (at least 4 ram) and also using  very good graphics card in case you have for any reason a sort disconnection from your provider.
NEVER TRY TO RELOAD THE PAGE IF YOU ARE DISCONNECTED. Just wait system reconnects you by itself.

We have send report for these problems and we hope that devs will fix them soon. Until then try to follow my advice.

KARAISKAKIS

• bmende likes this

#2 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

Hello,

Again tonight - game after game of disconnect.  I really think there are players that have figured something out in terms of being able to disconnect their opponent.  It seems that it usually is happening after my opponent moves their nine multiple spaces.  Don't know if they are continuing to click on the piece or whatever - but this is becoming less than enjoyable.  I've played 7 games this evening - I won 1 and lost 1 legitimately.  I've now lost 5 due to disconnect. 

I don't know if continuing to post when this is happening is helpful at all.  Please let me know. 

I assume that since this says Beta that this is being tested so that it can become some sort of site where you pay to play - I'm fine with that (depending on price naturally).  But I really hope that you are offering a discount to all those that have played through the Beta as I'm beginning to feel I'm wasting my time as opposed to enjoying playing a game.

Regards,

Scott

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#3 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

As we have been informed from admins the cause of this new bug was the insertion of the ads.

Very soon this will be fixed but until then  they will put temporarily  an older version without ads and rejoin function will be work again.

This change will be next days.

#4 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Well, don't know about anyone else but nothing seems to have changed.  With the possible exception that I see an ad before EVERY game.  I can understand watching an ad once when I sign in - ok I understand you want to make money - no problem - but I'm already sick of the ads before every game - its gotten to the point where I leave my computer and a few times I've gotten called off to other stuff - which leaves my opponent wasting their time!!

​Spartan Warriors

#5 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

From today as we have been informed from admins the bug is fixed and there was no need to put  temporarily  an older version.

There is ability to rejoin a game when for any reason refresh the game page.

We suggest all the players and especially those who participate in CL to test this function.

If they still have problem to rejoin the game , they must clean their browser cache and then try again. (this means to remove cookies, browser history etc.)

#6 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

I was able to rejoin a game today - so at least for myself that function seems to be working.  And there have been far fewer disconnects this weekend then there was previously (still gotten that strange explanation point with white screen a few times).  Thank you for fixing it.

Regards,

Scott

• maxroelofs likes this

​Spartan Warriors

#7 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

i am just been booting out during set up phase against votheia

lost 20 points 999->979

can you bring me back those points

you can ask him 

xeaz.jpg

#8 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

All of us has lost many ponts due a bug.

Unfortunately it is impossible to return points and remove from other players except the case when both of them ask that.

#9 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

need to improve the site.

easy thing to do at metaforge !!

#10 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

I will donate 20 points of my own to Francswa if he needs them. Then I will request back the 168 points from the system I lost in 10 months time, later , WITH INTEREST

:)

#11 Pedrag

Pedrag

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hmmm today i tried to play 3 times, first match after 2 moves the game goes back to login screen and nothing more happens, lost 13 points...  Second match after 10 moves my opponent loses connection and never returns, I won 11 points.  Third match looks okay, in the end game I have a very advantageous situation, my opponent Drimon does not see a way to win and I see him disconnecting and reconnecting twice in short period.  This makes me boot to the login screen, and no possibility to rejoin, lost 13 points.

I must say I like this site very much, but those connection problems ruin it really.  Cheaters like Drimon are annoying too.  And no I have no screen shots, it all happend very fast and I do not need my points back.  After all I'm just here to enjoy myself playing stratego :-)

#12 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

All of us has lost many ponts due a bug.
Unfortunately it is impossible to return points and remove from other players except the case when both of them ask that.

Karaiskakis, is there anything Sohal could have down on his screen shot to help get his points back? What if the disconnect occurred setup as he says? He could cover his pieces but still give adequate proof that the crash occurred during stop, couldn't he? I know in the tournament the setup phase warrants some special consideration. It seems like it would here also, to me.

Gary
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#13 MagicMushroom

MagicMushroom

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Hallo, ik schrijf dit in het Nederlands ervan uitgaande dat iemand van jullie team dit kan lezen. Na voor de zoveelste keer tegen een Griekse tegenstander in de maling te zijn genomen is voor mij de maat vol. Ik wil gewoon op een leuke, lees eerlijke manier kunnen spelen maar dit is vaak niet mogelijk. Los van de ontelbare bugs dat dit spel heeft ( anno 2014?? kom op mensen!!) is het ook vaak gewoon traag, zeker met opstarten, Jumbo, Keesing games etc. En nu speel ik tegen LottoGuy met 676 punten, uiteraard uit Griekenland, sta glad gewonnen met een maarschalk, generaal en kolonel voor en meneer gaat steeds uit het spel, tot aan zeven keer aan toe en ja hoor, ik ben uit het spel, kom er natuurlijk niet meer in en verlies de partij.

Mijn vraag is HOE IS DIT IN HEMELSNAAM MOGELIJK??? En het is me al minimaal tien keer overkomen en vergalt werkelijk mijn speelplezier. En waarom is het niet mogelijk om voor jezelf een blacklist bij te houden zodat je niet tegen dit soort valsspelers hoef te spelen. Ik bedoel er valt voor eerlijke spelers werkelijk niets te winnen tegen dit soort gasten want of je verliest en als je op winnen staat verzinnen zij er iets op zodat ze op een oneerlijke manier toch je punten kunnen afpakken. Ik begrijp er werkelijk niets van en ik ben echt teleurgesteld dat dit na 1,5 jaar spelen nog steeds niet is hersteld. Ik wil ook gewoon als ik een spel opstart en tegen een bepaalde speler moet spelen waarvan ik weet dat het een valsspeler is vooraf uit het spel kunnen. En dan bedoel ik zonder je punten te verliezen zoals het nu is. Dat moet toch gewoon kunnen of vraag ik iets onmogelijks?

Groet MagicMushroom

#14 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

These new hoover over the ads are starting to lock up my game is this happening to anyone else?  I get severe lag and sometimes can't finish my game anymore.  I think it has something to do with the flash programs and my computer can't seem to handle it and my computer is brand new with Win 8.1 and fast cable ISP.  

#15 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

I have never problem with the ads since I download and use a tool from google chrome called adblock  https://chrome.googl...cnamgkkbiglidom

• Midnightguy likes this

#16 gmits

gmits

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

This is really annoying! I have lost over 200 games (this is absolutely true number) due to bags. I do not care about the points, I play just for fun, but it is always destroying my games. It logs me out all the time and when I try to log in and reconnect, most of the times I cannot come back ontime. It happens all the time: In setup phase, during the game and most of the times I cannot reconnect. At last you should do sth about it!!! 

p.s. I use chrome and I use adblock

#17 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

This is really annoying! I have lost over 200 games (this is absolutely true number) due to bags. I do not care about the points, I play just for fun, but it is always destroying my games. It logs me out all the time and when I try to log in and reconnect, most of the times I cannot come back ontime. It happens all the time: In setup phase, during the game and most of the times I cannot reconnect. At last you should do sth about it!!! 

p.s. I use chrome and I use adblock

gmits, are you on a wired or wireless connection?  If a wireless one, the big X-factor is always the condition of your wireless connection at your home or wherever you play.  I play on my tablet all the time.  I'm sure I lost on disconnections at all times during the game, just as you say, before I had my modem/router switched out.  Although I still have a problem here and there, it is nothing like before for me, or what you are describing now.  

So it's just a thought.  But if your modem or router (if separate units) are faulty, then that's a quick fix.

Gary

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users