Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A day ago

somewhat similar, this was the end game of my 1/8 final Pro against Master Mind. the game ended in a draw but can either of the player win? Is double chasing an issue? Blue moves cap F2-F3

f2XFV2D.jpg

• Master Mind and TemplateRex like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#362 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A day ago

somewhat similar, this was the end game of my 1/8 final Pro against Master Mind. the game ended in a draw but can either of the player win? Is double chasing an issue? Blue moves cap F2-F3
f2XFV2D.jpg

How is this not a red win? Blue can only perpetually chase red, no?

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#363 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A day ago

...this is precisely a part of the quizz ... how can blue be double chasing with only 1 movable piece left? .. and is it really a double chase, in between 2 moves there is always 1 move with no threatening?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#364 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A day ago

...this is precisely a part of the quizz ... how can blue be double chasing with only 1 movable piece left? .. and is it really a double chase, in between 2 moves there is always 1 move with no threatening?

I would think that blue has to stop chasing. E.g.

1. f2-f3 g3-g2

2. f3-f2 g2-g3

3. f2-f3 g3-g2

4. f3xe3 g2-f2 and R+

or

1. f2-f3 g3-g2

2. f3-f2 g2-g3

3. f2-g2 g3-f3

4. g2-f2 f3-g3 and now after both

a) 5. f2-g2 g3-f3 R+ and

B) 5. f2-f3 is not allowed (repeating position during chase, with a move that is not the reverse of the previous)

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#365 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A day ago

in fact you have :

f2-f3 g3-g2

f3-f2 g2-g3

f2-e2 e3-f3

e2-f2 f3-e3

and then blue can move either f2-f3 or f2-g2 and this sequence can be repeated for ever

#366 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 hours ago

in fact you have :

f2-f3 g3-g2

f3-f2 g2-g3

f2-e2 e3-f3

e2-f2 f3-e3

and then blue can move either f2-f3 or f2-g2 and this sequence can be repeated for ever

You can't repeat this forever under ISF rules. Blue is lost.

11.1 It is not allowed to continuously chase one or more pieces of the opponent endlessly. The continuous chaser may not play a chasing move which would lead to a position on the board which has already taken place.

If blue only moves on e2, g2, f3 and f2, and red is careful to always evade to e2, g2 or f3, then every move of blue is a chasing move, and eventually he will have to stop and move to another square where he can no longer stop the red sarges.

#367 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 hours ago

in fact blue is chasing piece A then evading piece A to chase piece B, so blue is not continuously chasing the same piece. Blue is just defending his flag the best he can with only 1 movable piece left. The famous Enigma case with blue having a falg in corner protected by 2 captains against 2 miners is even worse cause blue has 2 movable pieces left

#368 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 hours ago

in fact blue is chasing piece A then evading piece A to chase piece B, so blue is not continuously chasing the same piece. Blue is just defending his flag the best he can with only 1 movable piece left. The famous Enigma case with blue having a falg in corner protected by 2 captains against 2 miners is even worse cause blue has 2 movable pieces left

No. Moving away is not the same as evading. Evading is moving away on the directly following move, after you have been threatened. To threaten means placing your piece directly adjacent to your opponent’s piece. Blue is not evading any red piece because red is not threatening any blue piece. It’s the other way around, blue is continuously threatening a red piece, and red is evading at least one of these pieces on every move. See section 11 of the ISF rules: https://isfstratego....sfgamerules.pdf

Note that the Enigma case is different, there the flag defense had 1 non-threatening move to break the continuous chase.

#369 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 hours ago

Also, it does not matter chasing a single piece, multiple pieces, or even using a single piece or multiple pieces yourself: the ISF rules forbid repetitions during a continuous chase.

#370 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 8 hours ago

Also, it does not matter chasing a single piece, multiple pieces, or even using a single piece or multiple pieces yourself: the ISF rules forbid repetitions during a continuous chase.

I think TR is right in this discussion. Blue cannot make a move without threathening a red piece while keeping his position to defend his flag. 

Edited by Don_Homer, 8 hours ago.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#371 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 5 hours ago

maybe to clarify the moves before cap F2-F3 were:

red serg G2-G3

then before that we had blue cap E2-F2

then before that we had red seg E4-E3 threatening the cap

so in fact we had the cap evading a threat of red serg on left while threatening anothe red serg on right ... is this multiple chasing?

#372 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 5 hours ago

maybe to clarify the moves before cap F2-F3 were:
red serg G2-G3
then before that we had blue cap E2-F2
then before that we had red seg E4-E3 threatening the cap

so in fact we had the cap evading a threat of red serg on left while threatening anothe red serg on right ... is this multiple chasing?

With the sarges on e4/g2 and the cap on e2, the sequence 1... e4-e3 2. e2-f2 g2-g3 3. f2-f3 is still legal since it is not a repetition over the same 2 squares, and while it is a continuous chase of blue towards red, there is not yet a repetition. But there soon will be and blue cannot defend this position.

#373 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,650 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 hours ago

Just put it on the board, I didn't see any solution where this is defendable.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)