I haven't worked it all out, but I'd use the Miner at F8 to clear the bombs and destroy Red's Miner on the right side. Your Sergeant keeps the Lieutenant pinned; Red will be forced to move a Sergeant.
The first few moves could be:
- F8>G8 - C9>C8
- C7>E7 - C8>D8?
Or, would Red try to trap the Miner at A8 with B10>A10?
If you're Blue, if Red moves to A10, do you move: G7>H7 and allow the Red Sergeant to chase? I think so. He can't capture that Miner, and the other Sergeant can't assist b/c of the Scout. If Red starts a chase, Blue waits until he quits, then moves: H7xH8.
Red then would either have to stall/chase until forced to stop by rule, then Blue moves H8xI8, and so on until he finds the Red Miner on the right. The two Blue Miners then clear the remainder of the right side, then Blue:
- Moves the Scout: H10>J10
- Moves a Miner to the center of the field
- Moves the Sergeant: E10>F10
- If Red moves the Lieutenant right to keep the Sergeant pinned, continue to move right as far as I10, then move the Miner in the center up to threaten the Miner at D10
- If Red Moves a Sergeant instead, retreat the Blue Sergeant and attempt to exchange or skirt around to the left
- If Red Moves the Miner, attempt to exchange Miners and/or put the central Scout on the back row between the flag and your Sergeant
Not sure if this can be done successfully with perfect play from Red, but that's what I'm thinking.
Great quiz, Napoleon!
Edited by Lord Invader, 09 March 2019 - 08:14 PM.