New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hi there,

I am playing for some time now and what really annoys me are opponents who disconnect when they lose. I have to wait to win the game... BE A MAN AND PRESS THE FLAG!!!

I collect screenshots of all losers:

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen shot 2014-01-15 at 1.37.22 PM.png
  • Screen shot 2014-01-17 at 6.05.50 PM.png

• lezo, Silverhammer and ovelix like this

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi there,

I am playing for some time now and what really annoys me are opponents who disconnect when they lose. I have to wait to win the game... BE A MAN AND PRESS THE FLAG!!!

I collect screenshots of all losers:

Hey Nathan,

You can count me in the choir on this one.  It's absolutely ridiculous that people can't hit the Surrender button when they want to resign.  The thing usually happens to me when my opponent loses a big piece, and then suddenly the Disconnect Message appears.  It should be an etiquette thing just like table manners or anything else.  

Nevertheless, I can tell you the Moderating Team (J.C.) has repeatedly addressed this issue by saying they will not do anything about it.  Indeed, at this time, they probably can't.  They will say that we can't currently tell whether a disconnect was accidental or on-purpose, and therefore the programming can't be made to fix the issue.  They will also take the position that you will get the win anyway so you shouldn't mind. That scours my nerves on this issue when they say this, but  I do still feel that if they could do something about it, they would.  

One thing I would toss out there is whether to do away with the disconnect clock entirely, or at least, cut the 2:30 time on it down to 1 minute.  Would 1 minute be satisfactory for the original purpose intended?  How many validly disconnected games has the current disconnect timer saved versus games it has allowed to be rudely disconnected?  I wonder.....

By the way, Maxroelofs, a  member of the M.T.,  has a game video posted that he played where he won and then the guy disconnected as we are talking.  That's solid proof.   But there's no rules in place about the deal just yet, and I'm sure nothing was done.

GLS

• Silverhammer likes this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 Cosinus

Cosinus

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

another badsport : GMITS

he is thinking he can't play whithout his marshall

sqii.jpg

#4 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

my brother and I find it funny when I play, take a big piece, and then we are like.... wait for it........wait for it. DISCONNECT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

• Cannan likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#5 Nathan1979

Nathan1979

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Its good know i am not the only one encountering this issue.

Mabye a solution can be that if your opponent is disconnected, during the timer window you can click a button when you suspect undecent resigning, so that it can be logged. Administrators can see if a user has multiple undecent resigns.

But as you say Gary - in the end we win, not the disconnectors.

#6 DreamCrusher999

DreamCrusher999

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

http://imageshack.co...7/6857/g929.png

here is another one, who couldnt handel a schooling

#7 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Here is a ----- named General_JC who disconnected after lottoing his marshall into my spy. May he rot in hell:

general_jc.jpg

• Steveski4 likes this

#8 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,035 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Please note that making any accusations on a player without proof in the form of a screenshot or video is not permitted. These posts will be removed from the forum.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#9 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

I see - so if you can't make screenshots or a video then you can't post????

Well, I'm going to keep posting when people intentionally waste my time.  You want to delete them - go ahead.  Basically your calling me a liar. 

[Personal attack deleted by moderator]

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#10 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,035 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Dear Scott,

If you go to this thread everything is explained about how to take and upload screenshots:

http://forum.strateg...ad-screenshots/

Please not that I am not against you, but do you understand that if everybody accuses everybody then it's bad for the community?

Therefore we made this rule which says: if there is no evidence, then it didn't happen. It's not just you, but all the posts with accusations without proof are removed.

If you read this thread and try out how to take screenshots then you will be able to take them next time you play, and if the evidence is good enough, we will make sure the player is punished for what he has done. Now that sounds a lot better doesn't it? ;) I'm not against you, but this is a general rule.

Greetz,

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#11 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

I see - so if you can't make screenshots or a video then you can't post????

Well, I'm going to keep posting when people intentionally waste my time.  You want to delete them - go ahead.  Basically your calling me a liar. 

Scott, I was once a moderator for a family card gaming site about 5-6 years back and one thing I was trained by a fellow moderator was if something happened on the site a screen shot would be needed to back a players claim.  I thought it was an great rule because, it puts the burden of proof on the player who is accusing someone of cheating or saying someone was abusive.  It was a rule I brought here when I was promoted to moderator about eight months ago and there were no other moderators.  The rule "No screen shot; then it didn't happen"  at first was not accepted by many players on here.  Many of our top players including Satan NL and Manning2cruz were upset at me for not "taking their word"  but, if I took their words, then I have to take everyone else's word and some were cheaters.  They and other players learned to accept our rule "No screen shot; then it didn't happen"   We will not change our stance of this policy for anyone and this includes even cases that one of us were in, if we don't take screen shots then shame on us because "No screen shot; then it didn't happen" !  

So Scott, I hope this clears up that we aren't calling you a lair.  We have to use this rule of "No screen shot; it didn't happen" for all to be fair for everyone.  Would you feel it was fair if someone called you out at a cheater and or abusive player without proof?  

• Moriarty likes this

#12 JimmyvonderAtlantis

JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I lose many games but disconnect is not fun. I know, who do this is a real loser and they don't like fair play stratego. I play and never give up, that's does us family never, not at war and not at a game. But when you ask surrender, I do when pleased you. But disconnect no that is not a real play who as manner and they have lose not only a game but friends too. :(

#13 JimmyvonderAtlantis

JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

When I player has disconnect than I start a new game and yes than he win but I have no pleased to wait time. I lose many games and for me is not important when a player win or lose. They can to go rank up when play again to me but I do remember this players and when they do again disconnect then only one way is reported to the staff with name and time. :huh:

#14 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

Well, the past few days I've tried making screenshots of disconnects and nonsense from chat and I can't seem to get anything to be put into this forum.

I think its fairly ridiculous that this rule basically accommodates the people who are being disrespectful. 

Its the equivalent of throwing the game board because you've decided you've lost.  I stopped putting up with that when my kids hit four.

​Spartan Warriors

#15 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well, the past few days I've tried making screenshots of disconnects and nonsense from chat and I can't seem to get anything to be put into this forum.

Why can't you get it into the forum? Doesn't imageshack work for you?

GLS

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#16 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Gary its probably my own lack of computer abilities (It took me about 4 hours to resize our screen to "hide" the chat box so that gives you an idea of my knowledge). 

​Spartan Warriors

#17 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Add Raffo to the list.  I was up a Colonel, and then he blew up his General on the bomb down on the lower left of my setup, after getting past my Major.  Before the smoke settled from the animation on that move this "Waiting..." window flashed on the screen.  

Was it that hard to hit the surrender button?

ppw5.jpg

#18 Designated Baby

Designated Baby

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

Is there any penalty for disconnecters? Because if not, why post a screenshot of it?

z5a3.png

• Trogon and Moriarty like this

gg

#19 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Here the douchebag known as stefanos.Kishniko got behind and disconnected.

Attached Thumbnails

• stefanoskitsiko.jpg

#20 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

tommy88