wazaaap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

i was playing someone and late at the game he was constantly spamming the request break +draw option

at 1 point i was just clicking my piece to move and it popup , so i cancel his request and after that i couldnt move any pieces nomore ....
°_°

#2 M-D

M-D

Game Developer

• Administrators
  • 124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi wazaaap,

Was he requesting it multiple times in a row? Or did he do it each turn?

#3 wazaaap

wazaaap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

each turn
°_°

#4 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thats just bad sportsmenship. Maybe put a delay after you ask for a draw. Could be delayed every 20 seconds, then you may ask again.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

I played on many game sites, anytime someone keeps asking for a draw over and over again they are hoping you'll get annoyed and accept draw or by mistake you misclick and then draw happens. I agree its very poor sportmanship and something should be done to prevent this type behavior.

#6 M-D

M-D

Game Developer

• Administrators
  • 124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

We'll think of a way to limit this (maybe only allow a request once every other turn, or a max. number of requests per game for example).

What do you guys think about a small delay (like 1-2 seconds) before you can click the accept / deny buttons? To prevent you from accidentally clicking one of them when you're doing a move.

#7 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

The delay will help, but won't stop the player being unsportsmen like. I would make a delay also for the player that clicked the draw request button.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#8 VitoAndolini

VitoAndolini

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Or a player may ask for a draw and a break max 3 times in a game. The 4th time is a automatic lose.

#9 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

The auto lose can be really messed up for beginners. I know you want to stop people from being unsportsmen like, but you don’t want to punish people for not knowing the rules. Having an automatic loss when you press the draw button too many times, will cause people to leave the site and that’s the last thing that we want. Perhaps, after the 5th or 6th time you press the draw button, a message should pop up saying that you are being unsportmen like when you continue to ask for a draw.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#10 VitoAndolini

VitoAndolini

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

or pop up saying:

YOU HAVE 2 MORE DRAWS REQUESTS LEFT
YOU HAVE 1 MORE DRAWS REQUESTS LEFT
YOU CAN KEEP PLAYING, BUT YOU HAVE 0 MORE DRAWS REQUEST LEFT
  • vowles_23 likes this

#11 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

That sounds better to me Vito.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#12 dboekestein

dboekestein

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I like Vito`s suggestion, I will try to add it to our long list of fixes and features! ;-)

#13 Donotcry

Donotcry

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hello to all players statego!

Here, I create this post because some players uses a new technique to cheat ... I hope so that the admins of the site will do some things to prevent harm. Let me explain the code for some players to cheat is as follows, first the player offers a Draw if you refuse it and request a break if you decline it asks you a draw, and three or four times until that you can not move or play. players I've seen personally use this technique are: SS, and crazylady StevenSegers ... here do not hesitate to denounce other technical players who utilize some means of cheating.

sorry for my English I use google translate because my mother tongue is French

and good luck in your future battles stratego

Donotcry :)

#14 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

DoNotCry,

I have merged your topic with this one, since a lot of players have complained about this issue.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#15 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Where are we on fixing this problem administrators?? Happened to me as well and I think we all know which insulting poor sportsman is doing this - I know we aren't supposed to name names on the forum (I've reported the jerk). Now that he has figured out that it works, he's going to do this in every game where he is getting slaughtered. If fixing this is too difficult to prioritize, then you should completely diable 'pause' and limit draw to 2 requests per game until the problem is identified and fixed. There's no way you should allow a rogue site user to exploit the flaw and ruin the Stratego experience for your loyal members.

Spiff

#16 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think that 2 requests is a bit unfair, maybe three if there would be a limit. I offered 2 draws the other day (some number of moves apart) before my opponent finally accepted my third offer, realising in fact that it was a draw. But in my opinion, there shouldn't be a total cap, but a limit for a certain number of moves (like one every 50 moves or something).

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users