Koan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

It's unbelievable that there is so much cheating at this site, and nothing is being done about it.  Moreover, it seems that I gain three points when I win a game but I lose 17 points when my opponent wins.  Have there been other complaints about this?  Is anyone looking into this or is this just another thing we have to live with, like the cheating?  You're either getting cheated by another player, or reamed by the system when you lose a game.  I don't think I want to waste my time at this site anymore,  and I have unused battle coins that I would like to be refunded for.  How does one go about getting a  refund?

#2 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Look at the post of th Prof from July 9, 2013 in the forum game Discussion/ "Rating system explained". You'll find all necessary information how the points are calculated

Napoleon 1er

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#3 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

It's unbelievable that there is so much cheating at this site, and nothing is being done about it.  Moreover, it seems that I gain three points when I win a game but I lose 17 points when my opponent wins.  Have there been other complaints about this?  Is anyone looking into this or is this just another thing we have to live with, like the cheating?  You're either getting cheated by another player, or reamed by the system when you lose a game.  I don't think I want to waste my time at this site anymore,  and I have unused battle coins that I would like to be refunded for.  How does one go about getting a  refund?

I would reach out to the customercare email box if you want to request a refund. Not sure what the site's policy is on this.

As for what you are experiencing in terms of points, this is very common at the Bronze Marshal level. When you get matched up against significantly lower rated opponents and win, you will get fewer points than if you beat someone much higher rated than you. Similarly, if you lose to those lower rated opponents, you will lose more points. Essentially, the system is weighting your result by the relative strength of both players pre-game. This helps to achieve a more accurate representation of your relative "true" rating over time.

How can I help you?

#4 PillPoppinManiac

PillPoppinManiac

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

I say you money is gone man

but good luck

#5 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

buyer beware!

lol sucka

...maybe you can dispute it with paypal. 

and i would suggest creating a youtube video to warn other future suckers

Hmm....i wonder where that marshal went

#6 Koan

Koan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hi LearningThisGame,

Thanks for your response.  I played a game the other night with an opponent with a similar rank as mine and my points for winning were more of what I expected. I received 10 points instead of 3.  Now I see what you mean about how the win/loss point span is determined by the rank of your opponent.  Has it yet been suggested that we can have the option to back out of a game when matched up with an opponent who's score is too low? 

More to the point, though, I'm pleased to see that they have fixed the cheater glitch. That gives me confidence to play and use my battle coins for more setup slots or other cool things. Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users