suwon-si

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

uh oh, eh aah is a cheater. I was about to finish him off, he asked for a tie and I was bounced.This glitch must be fixed if this site is to be taken seriously. If cheaters win, then the ranking is a joke

#2 baines03

baines03

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Yeah, same thing just happened to me... AGAIN!  Some prick who's name I can't remember because it was all just symbols like  <---...--->___.  I'm really getting sick of these bugs that were "supposed" to be fixed.  I give up.

#3 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

Same thing didn't happen to you, as me, on my uh ah eh account offered a surrender, but instead of a surrender he got "glitched" on this particular case..

Here is a link on what to do with and against cheaters:

http://forum.strateg...nce/#entry10558

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#4 Battle.Nightmare

Battle.Nightmare

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

leonidas 300 is a cheater. I was about to beat him and he made the trick with sequently pause and request tie. I have screenshots with his action. I want you to ban him

#5 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

uh oh, eh aah is a cheater. I was about to finish him off, he asked for a tie and I was bounced.This glitch must be fixed if this site is to be taken seriously. If cheaters win, then the ranking is a joke

Please post the screenshot proof for this and file your report under the Cheater Report thread. Thanks. 

If no proof is provided soon, we will have to remove this post as accusations without proof are not permitted. 

How can I help you?

#6 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Same thing didn't happen to you, as me, on my uh ah eh account offered a surrender, but instead of a surrender he got "glitched" on this particular case..

Here is a link on what to do with and against cheaters:

http://forum.strateg...nce/#entry10558

This doesn't make sense. A surrender is not known to cause the glitch because it is not a request asking for a response. It is a single action sent to the server with no other action conflict; thus it had to be something else that caused the glitch (like a tie request).

How can I help you?

#7 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

leonidas 300 is a cheater. I was about to beat him and he made the trick with sequently pause and request tie. I have screenshots with his action. I want you to ban him

This is a known cheater. We are waiting for the admins to ban him.

How can I help you?

#8 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

This doesn't make sense. A surrender is not known to cause the glitch because it is not a request asking for a response. It is a single action sent to the server with no other action conflict; thus it had to be something else that caused the glitch (like a tie request).

Many things in the world doesn't make sense, yet they are part of reality..

What doesn't make sense is the question, why would I lie about this?

He pinned down my scout, I didn't want him to know the rest of my setup, wanted to leave, pressed by accident on tie button, he let the timer go, I pressed surrender button, I see the confirm surrender button, I pressed it and I got a victory.

Yes the surrender was on his turn, no i'm not gonna wait to surrender on my turn (atleast back then, when things weren't as clear to me)

NO INTENTION TO GLITCH, which I already swore on my dead fathers grave in a PM to suwon.. With many sorry's, this happening to him. Also that with my support he can make a note to the JC to convert the ELO loss.

How far do you want it to go.

Ask him about the PM

He got no screenshots, things happened to fast..

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#9 The Rainmaker

The Rainmaker

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Where is Ya flag I read the post and I want to say that is awesome of you to say about you and Suwon's game.  Bravo I believe you.  I just wish they could find a way to get rid of the real cheaters on a permanent basis

#10 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Many things in the world doesn't make sense, yet they are part of reality..

What doesn't make sense is the question, why would I lie about this?

He pinned down my scout, I didn't want him to know the rest of my setup, wanted to leave, pressed by accident on tie button, he let the timer go, I pressed surrender button, I see the confirm surrender button, I pressed it and I got a victory.

Yes the surrender was on his turn, no i'm not gonna wait to surrender on my turn (atleast back then, when things weren't as clear to me)

NO INTENTION TO GLITCH, which I already swore on my dead fathers grave in a PM to suwon.. With many sorry's, this happening to him. 

Thanks for the explanation. I knew there was more to this story, and I appreciate your confirming this. What I highlighted in red are the key words that provide the most logical explanation of what happened (based on my understanding of how the site and glitch operates):

1) You requested a tie on your opponent's turn (whether by accident or not)

2) Your opponent attempted to execute an action at the same time as the tie request, which may have led to a loss due to the glitch

3) While 2, above, was occurring, you attempted to press the surrender button.

4) You received a victory because the tie request on your opponent's turn happened to cause your opponent to lose before your surrender request was completed and sent to the server. 

What is odd is that, in order to make a tie request, you have to press the tie request button and confirm that request. So an accidental pressing of the tie button combined with an accidental confirmation is extremely unusual and unlikely. But possible, I suppose.

How can I help you?

#11 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the explanation. I knew there was more to this story, and I appreciate your confirming this. What I highlighted in red are the key words that provide the most logical explanation of what happened (based on my understanding of how the site and glitch operates):

1) You requested a tie on your opponent's turn (whether by accident or not)

2) Your opponent attempted to execute an action at the same time as the tie request, which may have led to a loss due to the glitch

3) While 2, above, was occurring, you attempted to press the surrender button.

4) You received a victory because the tie request on your opponent's turn happened to cause your opponent to lose before your surrender request was completed and sent to the server. 

What is odd is that, in order to make a tie request, you have to press the tie request button and confirm that request. So an accidental pressing of the tie button combined with an accidental confirmation is extremely unusual and unlikely. But possible, I suppose.

Forfeit button has a confirm button too, I thought that was to be confirmed.. Instead it was the tie request, i'm not sure on who's turn that was. He let the timer go, so nothing happened, nothing to trigger the glitch.

I'm not sure what happened, but 4) im pretty sure that didn't happened, no way it response that slow..

So cheaters can accidently press forfeit button by accident, but non cheaters can't press tie button by accidents?

2zjf5h4.jpg

#12 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

Forfeit button has a confirm button too, I thought that was to be confirmed.. Instead it was the tie request, i'm not sure on who's turn that was. He let the timer go, so nothing happened, nothing to trigger the glitch.

I'm not sure what happened, but 4) im pretty sure that didn't happened, no way it response that slow..

So cheaters can accidently press forfeit button by accident, but non cheaters can't press tie button by accidents?

You are absolutely right that the forfeit/surrender button has a confirmation. But that is a unilateral action with the server (i.e., it is an action between you and the server and does not directly involve your opponent nor requires your opponent to make an active response). It does not send a request to your opponent which would conflict with an action taken by them (that is the crux behind the glitch taking place; two contemporaneous actions involving active server interaction by your opponent - say, moving a piece while also having to respond to a request). Thus, the forfeit/surrender action is not known to cause the glitch.

My point is it's theoretically possible - but hard to believe - that one accidentally hit the tie request button and also accidentally hit the confirmation for that request. 

Based on your own words in your earlier post and the sequence you described, you seemed to have (accidentally?) hit the tie request button and (accidentally?!) the tie request confirmation button on your opponent's turn. You state clearly that you made a tie request followed by a surrender action "on his turn" - with no interruption by a completed move by your opponent. Therefore, logically, based on your own words, the tie request must have been on your opponent's turn. 

The most logical and simple explanation for what likely happened is what I have posted, above.

P.S. - 4) is very logical because the server would've had to deal with the tie and glitch issue first before proceeding to the next-in-time (surrender) action. Once the server handled the first issue of tie and glitch, it automatically would have moved to awarding a glitch-based win/loss before it even received and processed the subsequent surrender action. This is very likely what happened and quite plausible.

How can I help you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users