bboys2012

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

true but me and trickz have been sworn enemy's since he was a bronze spy i dont know whats hes problem with me
i dont know how the heck he got that high in the ranking . eather he has a computer that is high teck or he is a cheat

#22 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

you're just frustrated that you have a low ranking
but yeah,....blame it on cheating, whatever suits you, fine
you just live in a fantasy world.... :)

the fact is,....you're a lieutenant and I'm a marshall
i have a rating of 517 and you have a rating of 183, difference : 334 points

enough said
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#23 Tomski

Tomski

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Looks like the random kickouts are a generic problem given the replies on this forum. It mostly happened to me during setup mode or first moves of the game. Unfortunately also once in the final. I play wireless on iPad . But there seems no clear cause... So reproducing will be hard... It happened to me about 8-10 times over last 2 weeks...

#24 Chinnie

Chinnie

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I've started playing recently and my game has been bugged at the start twice so far.
On both occasions my opponent would make the first move and it would still say it was his turn to move on my screen. In the meanwhile, on the opponents screen I'm timing out. It's a 5 minute wait to lose, or a draw if the opponent is nice.
I rarely browse in other tabs, but both games where this bug happened I was browsing while waiting for the opponent to set up. I think this is the cause for me that this bug occurs.

#25 Robin Anybody

Robin Anybody

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

In the last 3 days lost connection 5 times halfway game.

Playing with ipad, wireless, from China (im Dutch), no vpn (will try with vpn next time)

#26 Robin Anybody

Robin Anybody

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

To add noone of my games in last 3 days allowed me to play them out

#27 Robin Anybody

Robin Anybody

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

With VPN still choppy but playable. New bug though, just had victory against Vihan.. Something and was demoted to luitenant from captain. Kind of ruins the fun this.

#28 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I just got logged out before starting a game - logged back in and it was counted as a loss.
The error given was "Error #2002null" and as I tried to log back in, I received "Error #1009null" before I was successfully able to do so.

I didn't lose connectivity during this time.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#29 DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

I just got 2 losses without evening playing. I hit the "ready" button and the screen cut to the log in screen on both occasions. Back to back losses without even moving 1 piece?

From 10-0 to 10-2 in less than a couple of minutes.

Please tell me you can sort this problem out?

I mean a just add a simple rule into the ratings that says "at least 1 move has to be made for the result to count into rankings". That would at least sort out the problem of losing points to games that were never played.

Is there any way you can get rid of the unplayed games in my results?

Also is this a common thing and is there steps i can take to avoid this happening?

DM

#30 DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Make that 10-3. It did exactly the same with the short game. Booted me back to login screen & gave me a loss.

What's the point in even trying to play when you get a loss without even playing the game?

#31 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

Dungeon Master, What web browser are you using?  Also have you cleaned out your cookies?  I can sympathizes with you that I have lost games without moving a piece or other bugs or glitches people have done to assure I will lose but, nothing can be done about the losses you received due to a bug.  

As for your suggestion about not counting games unless if a move is made, too much abuse will take place.  People not wanting to face so and so, and figured they'll leave so game won't count and they'll wait for someone they think they can beat.  Unfortunately with that kind of abuse that can happen, we can't do that idea.

#32 Manning2Cruz

Manning2Cruz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

i have been kicked out same way as kingtubby...

it should be removed that a forfeit is an automatic point loss no reason..

you shouldnt get points or lose points for 0 game moves

#33 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

I agree with you Manning but issue still remains, how can the program know that you just didn't leave game willing or disconnected your ISP.  Instead of trying to create a new program to tell site not to deduct points for a loss because game didn't start because of an error, it's better that they just fix the bug in the first place. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users